CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science Sample Papers 2011
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2011 for Class 10 Social Science
(Candidates are allowed additional 15 minutes for only reading the paper.
They must NOT start writing during this time)
Answer all questions from Part I and five questions from Part II.
All working, including rough work, should be done on the same sheet as the rest of the answer.
The intended marks for questions or parts of questions are given in brackets [ ].
Answer briefly each of the following: [10 x 2]
(i) Why is not advisable to resort to violent boiling while cooking food?
(ii) What is a ‘trade mark’?
(iii) Express the term ‘Social Stress’
(iv) State two effects of cooking on the pectin content of food.
(v) Mention any two causes of food spoilage.
(vi) List four safety methods that should be adopted at home to prevent falls.
(vii) State the dimensions of adulthood.
(viii) State any function of F.P.O.
(ix) List any two important care measures that need to be taken for storing a woollen shawl.
(x) Metanil yellow causes major health hazards. Enumerate any two such hazards.
Answer any five questions
Meal planning is an art, which develops through inspiration and thought. In this context
explain the following:
(a) The importance of meal planning. 
(b) Factors affecting meal planning. 
Food preparation requires a sense of discrimination in the blending of flavours as well as of
textures, colours and shapes. To attain this objective explain in detail:
(a) The methods of cooking with their merits and demerits. 
(b) Discuss changes during food preparation. (Colour, texture and flavour). 
Preservation of food has become an extremely important branch of study. In this context:
(a) Explain the principles of food preservation. 
(b) The importance of food preservation. 
Every homemaker needs to take time and make an effort to develop alertness in order to
reduce the danger of accidents. In this context explain the following:
(a) Safety measures that should be observed at home. 
(b) Health hazards due to packaging. 
The main purpose of consumer education is to ensure a better standard of living for the
consumers. In this context explain:
(a) The rights and responsibilities of a consumer. 
(b) The requisites of a good label for consumer aid. 
Adolescents need firm and friendly control by parents and adults. In this context explain:
(a) Causes of delinquency. 
(b) Discuss the role of parents and school teachers in solving adolescent problems. 
There is a tendency to judge a person by the clothing he/she wears. In this context:
(a) Give an account of the factors that may affect the selection of clothing. 
(b) Discuss the importance of dressing up for different occasions. 
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 10 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 9 Science 2007
- ICSE Board Class 10 Biology 2007
- ICSE Board Class 10 Computer Science 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Crop Production 2013-SET-2
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Social Science 2013-SET-4
- ICSE Board Class 10 Economics 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2008
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Botany 2011 Sample paper
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Sociology 2013
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Chemistry 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Hindi Elective
- Maharashtra Board Class 11 Physics syllabus
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Political Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Elements of Science & Maths for Agriculture
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Urdu Core
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Environmental Studies
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Economics
- Manipur Board Class 10 Manipuri
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 9 Science
- Haryana Board Class 10 Physical Education