CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science Sample Papers 2010
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2010 for Class 10 Social Science
Class – X
Subject – Social Science
There are 29 questions in all. All questions are compulsory.
Marks for each question are indicated against the question.
Questions from serial number 1 to 10 are 1 marks question. Answer of these questions may be from one word to one sentence.
Question from serial number 11 to 18 are 3 marks question. Answer of these questions should not exceed 80 words each.
Question from serial number 19 to 28 are 4 marks question. Answer of these questions should not exceed 100 words each.
Question no.29 is a map work question. Attach the maps inside your answer book.
1. What was the decision made in the Poona Pact of 1932? (1)
2. Why did the dictatorship of Ngo Dinh Diem become unpopular? (1)
3. Why is international trade called as the economic barometer of a country? (1)
4. Which is the short cropping season? Name any two crops grown in this season. (1)
5. What are placer deposits? Give examples. (1)
6. Which animals are categorized as endemic species? Give two examples. (1)
7. Why is decision making difficult in a democratic government? Give one reason. (1)
8. What is meant by ‘caste vote bank’? (1)
9. Define the term ‘Average Income’. (1)
10. What is RTI? How does it help the citizens? (1)
11. In what ways did print create the possibility of circulation of ideas, debates and discussion? Explain. (3)
12. Why did housing become an important concern for the people of London in early 20th century? (3)
13. Read the following extract and answer the questions that follow.
In 1926, Begum Rokeya Sakhawat Hossein, a noted educationalist and literary figure, strongly condemned men for withholding education from women in the name of religion as she addressed the Bengal Women’s Education Conference:
‘the opponents of female education say that women will become unruly…..fie! They call themselves Muslims and yet go against the basic tenet of Islam which gives Women an equal right to education. If men are not led astray once educated, why should women?’
a)Which conference did Begum Rokeya Hossein address? What did she put forward in the conference?
b)In what ways were some Muslims, according to Begum Rokeya Hossein depriving women of education? (2+1=3)
14. Analyze the role played by icons, symbols in unifying the people of India. (3)
15. What measures were adopted by the Belgium government to accommodate regional and cultural diversities? (3)
16. Explain the various forms of caste in politics. (3)
17. Analyze three measures adopted by the producers in India to expand the market for their goods in the 19th century. (3)
18. Give the meaning of economic development. Give any two indicative measures the development of a country. (3)
19. Describe the role played by women in the national movement of Vietnam. (4)
20. “We should adopt to sound forest and wildlife conservation strategies to protect the dependent people”- Explain. (4)
21. Why do we need to conserve energy resources? How can we conserve energy resources? (4)
22. Classify industries on the basis of: (a) Main role they play (b) capital investment
(c) Ownership. (4)
23. ‘Political parties play a major role in Democracy’- Give four points to justify the statement.
24. ‘Social divisions of one kind or another exist in most countries’- Explain the statement with examples. (4)
25. Do you think that legal reforms of politics can bring about a change in the politics of a country?
Explain any four features of a good democracy? (4)
26. Why did the Indian government put barriers to foreign trade and foreign investment after independence? (4)
27. Why has tertiary sector become the largest producer in India over the last thirty years?
Explain four reasons. (4)
28. On the basis of the given graph answer the following questions: (4)
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 10 Now
Board Sample Paper
- ICSE Board Class 10 Biology 2007
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Home Science 2007
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 History 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2005
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Physics 2011
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Chemistry 2009
- West Bengal Board Class 12 Physics Sample Paper Of 2007
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Yoga 2008
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 English Core 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2011
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Entrepreneurship 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Fashion Studies 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 History 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2005
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Socially Useful Productive Work
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Music (Hindustani Vocal)
- Haryana Board Class 12 Chemistry
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Economics
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 Psychology
- Maharashtra Board Class 11 Physics
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Biology
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Biology
- ICSE Board Class 10 Chemistry
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Psychology