CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science Previous Year Question Papers 2005
CBSE Board Previous Year Question Papers 2005 for Class 10 Social Science
1. Answer to questions carrying 2 marks should not exceed 30 words each.
2. Answer to questions carrying 4 marks should not exceed 60-80 words each.
3. Answer to questions carrying 6 marks should not exceed 100-125 words each.
4. Maps should be securely tied in the middle of the Answer-Book.
5. Attempt all parts of a question together.
6. Stencils or templates for drawing outline maps may be used wherever necessary.
Q.1. Describe the contribution of M.G.Ranade to Indian awakening. (2)
Q.2. Explain any two positive impacts of British rule i n the modernization of India. (2 x 1 = 2)
Q.3. Study the map given below showing distribution of forests in India and answer the questions that
(3.1) Name any two north-eastern States having more than 60 per cent of their area under States of India.
(3.2) Why do these States have larger area under forest cover? Give two reasons. (1)
Q.4. I ndian culture represents ‘Unity in Diversity’. Expl ain this statement with two examples. (2 x 1 = 2)
Q.5. Mention two religious movements that grew in Medie val India under the influence of Islam. (2)
Q.6. Explain with examples any two types of homes that should be built in the earthquake prone areas. (2)
Q.7. Examine the role of ‘Indian Armed Forces’ in disas ter management. (2)
Q.8. What is meant by economic growth in an economy? Gi ve two points. (2 x 1 = 2)
Q.9. Distinguish between Wholesale Price Index and Cons umer Price Index. (2)
Q.10. “Human development is an essence of social develop ment.” Justify this statement with two
arguments. (2 x 1 = 2)
Q.11. Examine the main functions of the ‘Disaster Manage ment Committee’ at the Block level. (2)
Q.12. “The district administration is the focal point fo r implementation of all Government plans and
activities.” Support the statement with two example s. (2 x 1 = 2)
Q.13. In what way was the British rule detrimental to th e interest of all the sections of the Indian societ y?
Explain with examples. OR (4)
Examine any four common features of all the reform movements, on which they laid stress.
Q.14. Describe any four features of Indian agriculture.
OR (4 x 1 = 4 )
Describe any four points of importance of animal hu sbandry in rural development of India.
Q.15. Describe any four methods which can be used to con serve mineral resources in India. (4 x 1 = 4)
Q.16. When is the ‘United Nations Day’ celebrated? Name the six organs of the United Nations. (4)
Q.17. Explain four major problems faced by cotton textil e industry in India. (4 x 1 = 4)
Q.18. What is meant by communication? Differentiate betw een personal communication and mass
communication. (1 + 3 = 4)
Q.19. Mention any four causes of rural poverty. How is t he Government of India trying to reduce the gap
between the rich and the poor? (2 + 2 = 4)
Q.20. Explain how the fiscal measures and the Public Dis tribution System help in controlling price rise. (4)
Explain the importance of consumer awareness in protecting the interests of consumers.
Q.21. Examine the factors responsible for the emergence of extremism in the Indian National Movement.
Explain the impact of communalism in the India n National Movement. Q.22. Define the term ‘Multipurpose River Valley Project’ . State any five objectives of Multipurpose River
Valley Projects. OR (1 + 5 = 6)
Define the term ‘Rain Water Harvesting’. State any five objectives of rain water harvesting.
Q.23. Give the main effect of casteism. Suggest suitable measures for eradicating the evils of casteism.
What has been done in the Constitution to curb ills of casteism? OR (1 + 2 + 3 = 6)
Explain any six measures which have been taken by t he Indian Government towards the welfare of the
Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes. (6 x 1 = 6)
Q.24. a. On the given political map of India (24 a), iden tify the following and write their correct names on the
space provided in the map: (4 x ½ = 2)
i. The city where Qutub Minar is located.
ii. The State where Hampi buildings are situated.
On the same map locate and label the following and attach the map in your answer book:
1. The State where the most famous Stupa was built.
2. The State where Ajanta and Ellora caves are loca ted.
b. On the given political outline map of India (24 b) are shown four geographical features A, B, C and
D. Identify these features with the help of index a nd write their correct names on the line marked
against each in the map. Attach the map in your ans wer book OR (4 x 1 = 4)
On the given political outline map of India (24 b) locate and label the following and attach the map i n your
i. Bhadravati Iron and Steel Plant.
ii. Major seaport established in Tamil Nadu recentl y
iii. Narora Nuclear Power Station
iv. Koyali Oil Refinery
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Previous Year Question Paper for class 10 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 English Elective 2011
- Tamilnadu Board Class 12 Accountancy Sample Paper Of 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Geography 2013-SET-2
- Gujarat Board Class 10 English Core 2005
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2009
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 English Elective Sample Paper 2011
- West Bengal Board Class 10 English Core Sample Paper Of 2011
- ICSE Board Class 10 Chemistry 2009
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Math 2013
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Entrepreneurship 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12th Business Studies Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- ICSE Board Class 10 History 2008
- CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science 2011
- Maharashtra Board Class 12 Math & statistics syllabus
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Hindi (Special Language)
- Haryana Board Class 12 Music (Hindustani Vocal)
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Arabic
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 English Literature
- Haryana Board Class 10 Computer Science
- Gujarat Board Class 12 English Core
- CBSE Board Class 11 Hindi Elective
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Business Economics
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Fine Arts