CBSE Board Class 9 Science Sample Papers 2009
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2009 for Class 9 Science
Class – IX
Subject – Science
Maximum marks: 100 Total time: 3Hr
(i)The question paper comprises of three sections, A, B and C you are to attempt three sections.
(ii)All questions are compulsory.
(iii)There is no overall choice. However, internal choice has been provided in all the two questions for the numerical. Only one option in such question is to be attempted.
(iv)All questions of section A, B and C are to be attempted separately.
(v)Question numbers 1 to 19 in section A, are to be answered in one word or one sentence.
(vi) Question numbers 20 to 25 and each part of 26 are two mark questions, to be answered in about 30 words.
(vii)Question numbers 27 to 34 are three mark questions, to be answered in about 50 words.
(viii)Question numbers 35 to 38 in section C are long question. These are to be answered in about 70 words.
1. If a body starts from rest, what can be said about the acceleration of the the body?
(a) Positive accelerated (b) negatively accelerated (c) uniform accelerated (d) none of these
2. What does the slope position time graph give?
(a) Speed (b) acceleration (c) uniform speed (d) both[a] and [c] depending upon the time of graph
3. When a body moves uniformly along the circle, then
(a) Its velocity changes but speed remains the same
(b) Its speed changes but velocity remains the same
(c) Both speed and velocity changes
(d) Both speed and velocity remains same
4. Newton’s first law of motion is also called
(a)Law of inertia (b) law of momentum (c) law of action and reaction (d) none of these
5. If the friction acting on the body is more the body will move:
(a) More speedily (b) less speedily (c) same speed (d) none of these
6. The SI unit of weight is:
(a)Newton (b) Newton-m (c) Newton /sec (d) Newton-m/sec
7. What is the SI unit of momentum?
(a)Kg-m-sec (b) m –sec/kg (c) kg-m/sec (d) kg/m-sec
8. What is the SI unit of force?
(a)Kg-m/sec² (b) kg-m /sec (c) kg-m² /sec² (d) kg-m² sec²
9. The people in the bus are pushed backwards when the bus starts suddenly due to:
(a)Inertia due to rest (b) Inertia due to motion (c) Inertia due to direction (d) Inertia
10. If the initial velocity is zero then the force acting is:
(a)Retarding (b) Acceleration (c) both (d) none of these
11. Unit of relative density is:
(a) kg/m³ (b) unit less (c) depends (d) on the density of substance:
12. The weight of an object is:
(a) Greater on earth and lesser on moon (b) lesser on earth and greater on moon
(c) Equal on both earth and moon (d) none of these
13. The relation between the weight of an objection the moon (Wм) and on the earth (Wе)
(a)Wм =1⁄6 (b) Wм= We (c) We = 1/6Wм (d) Wм =6 Wе
14. If the distance between object increases, remaining same then the gravitational force between the object will:
(a)Increase (b) decrease (c) remain same (d) none of these
15. Name the following:
(i) Tissues that connects muscles to bones in human ----------------.
(ii) Tissues that transport food in plants --------------------.
(iii) Tissues present in the brain-------------------------.
(iv) System of giving scientific names to plants and animals-------------------.
16. Give two examples of following:
(i)Gymnosperms ---------------- ---------------------------
(ii) Angiosperms ------------------ ---------------------------
(iii) Bryophyta -------------------- ---------------------------
17. Which of the following are matter:
(i) Thought (ii) cold (iii) cold drink (iv) air
18. Convert the following to Celsius scale:
(i) 300K (ii) 573K (iii) 273K
19. What is the physical state of water at:
(i) 25˚C (ii) 0˚C (iii) 100˚C
20. State Archimedes’s principle?
21. Define density and relative density.
A girl of mass 40 kg jumps with a horizontal velocity of 5 m/s on to a stationary cart with frictionless wheels. The mass of cart is 3 kg, what is her velocity as the cart start moving?
22. If the mass of one object is doubled and mass of other remains the same and if distance between them is halved then how does the gravitation force change?
23. A 0.24g sample of compound of oxygen and boron was found by analysis to contain 0.096g of boron and 0.144g of oxygen. Calculate the percentage composition of the compound by weight.
24. When 3.0 g of carbon is burnt in 8.0 g of oxygen, 11.0 g of carbon dioxide is produced. What mass of carbon dioxide will be found when 3.0 g of carbon is burnt in 50.0 g of oxygen?
25. What type of clothes should we wear in summer?
26. Answer the following questions:
(i) What are the major decisions in the kingdom of plants?
(ii) Name the region in which Parenchyma tissue is present.
(iii) How many types of elements together make up the xylem?
(iv) How does amoeba obtain its food?
(v) Which organelle is known as the power house of the cell?
(vi) Why are Lysosomes known as suicide bags?
(vii) Write two differences between plant cell and animal cell.
(viii) Write two characters of kingdom fungi.
(ix) Write two application of crystallization.
(x) What do you mean by chromatography?
(xi) Write the help of well labeled diagram show evaporation.
27. What is the magnitude of gravitational force exerted by a 15 kg mass on a25 kg mass separated by a distance of 25 Cm? What is the acceleration produced on each mass?
28. A stone is dropped from a height of 100 meters on earth. At the same time, another stone is thrown vertically upwards from aground with a velocity of 50 m/s. At what height from the ground will the stone meat?
29. What is acceleration due to gravity and calculate its value on earth?
30. Give the name of elements present in the following compounds:
(i) Quick lime (ii) potassium sulphate (iii) baking powder
31. What is the law of conservation of mass?
32. What is the law of constant proportion?
33. Write three characters of kingdom Monera.
33. Write three characters of kingdom Amphibia.
34. Calculate the molar mass of following substances:
36. In the tabular form show the classification of organisms.
37. Draw a well labeled diagram of labeo whita.
38. The Olympic high jump record is 2.45 meters held by Cuba when acceleration due to gravity on earth was –1m/s². Calculate the height to which the jumper would have jumped?
(a)What happens to a person travelling in a bus when the bus takes a sharp turn? Give reason.
(b)A cricketer moves his hand backwards on catching a fast moving ball. Why?
(c)A bullet of mass 0.02 kg is fired by a gun of mass 100 kg. If the speed of bullet is 80 m/s. calculate the recoil speed of the gun?
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 9 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2007
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 English Core 2008
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Political Science 2008
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Math 2013-SET-2
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 History 2008
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Computer Science 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Math 2013-SET-4
- CBSE Board Class 10 Sample Paper of Science For 2007
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Physics 2008
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Home Science 2013
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2005
- CBSE Board 12 Chemistry Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Home Science 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12th Accountancy Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2005
- Rajasthan Board Class 9 Math Syllabus
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Hindi
- Manipur Board Class 10 Bengali
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Biotechnology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Malayalam
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry
- CBSE Board Class 11 Hindi Core
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Geography
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 National Cadet Corps (NCC)
- West Bengal Board Class 10 Syllabus For Math