CBSE Board Class 9 Science Sample Papers 2008
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2008 for Class 9 Science
Class – IX
Subject – Science
1.What are the characteristics of particles of matter?
2.A sponge can be pressed easily, still it is called a solid. Why?
3.Differentiate solids liquids and gases on the basis of (a) diffusion , (b) density.
4.Solids are denser as compared to liquids , still ice floats on water. Explain.
5.Define Latent heat of fusion.
6.Why does water vapour has more energy than water at same temperature?
7.How can gases be liquefied?
8.List four factors which affect the rate of evaporation.
9.Name and define the fourth and fifth state of matter.
10.Why does a desert cooler cool better on a hot, dry day?
11.Why does temperature remain constant during the boiling of water even though heat is supplied continuously?
12. What is the chemical name of Dry Ice? Why is it called dry ice?
13.What are alloys? Is it a mixture or a compound? Give reasons.
14.List four reasons to support that water is a compound and not a mixture.
15.Distinguish between homogeneous and heterogeneous mixture. Classify the following mixtures as homogeneous or heterogeneous-
i)Tincture of iodine
16. Distinguish between true solution, suspension and colloid on the basis of stability, filterability and type of mixture.
17.How will you prepare a 10% solution of glucose in water?
18.Identify the physical and chemical changes from the following:-
i)Burning of magnesium in air
ii)Tarnishing of silver spoon
iii)Sublimation of iodine
iv)Electrolysis of water
19.State one similarity and one difference between evaporation and boiling.
Fill in the blanks:-
1.Particles of matter are continuously moving, so they possess ____________________.
2.The melting point of ice is __________________.
3.293 K = ____________° C.
4.The concentration of a solution is the amount of _______________ present in a given volume of solution.
5._______________ is the only metal which is liquid at room temp.
6. ________________ mixtures have uniform composition.
7.S.I. unit of latent heat of melting is ______________.
8.Rate of evaporation __________________ when surface area of liquid is increased.
9.Particles of matter have ______________ between them.
10. Soil and minerals are not ____________substances.
11. __________ number of elements occur in nature.
12._________________ is a non-metal which is liquid at room temperature.
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 9 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Chemistry Sample Paper Of 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 English (Special Language) 2013-SET-4
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Social Science 2013
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 History 2013-SET-2
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Social Science 2011
- Bihar Board Class 12 Chemistry 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Anatomy Physiology and Health 2013-SET-2
- CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science 2009
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Biology 2013-SET-2
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Biology For 2005
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Computer Science 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Economics 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2005
- CBSE Board Class 9 Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Home Science
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Fine Arts
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Bengali(Special)
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Syllabus of Physics
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Geography
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Science
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Chemistry
- CBSE Board 12th English Core Syllabus
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Home Science
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 English Core