CBSE Board Class 8 Science Sample Papers 2011
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2011 for Class 8 Science
CLASS 8 SCIENCE
1. Fill in the blanks
1) …….is the variety of coal with maximum carbon content.
2) Which fuel is used in jet aeroplanes?
3) ------------petroleum product used to manufacture candles, Vaseline, grease, polish etc.
4) Which petroleum product is used for surfacing roads?
5) The fuel obtained from coal that is almost pure form of carbon is……. .
6) The planet which is farthest from the sun is __
7) The planet which appears reddish in colour is __
8) A group of stars that appear to form a pattern in the sky is known as a __
9) A celestial body that revolves around a planet is known as a
10) Asteroids are found between the orbits of __ __ and __.
11) In human fertilization occur in -----------
12) The transformation of the larva into an adult through drastic change is called ------
13) The --- gland produce hormone which stimulate other gland to release their hormone
14) The larynx is bigger in ----------(boys or girl)
15) Every sperm has --------chromosomes.
2. Answer these questions
01. Why is our energy consumption increasing so rapidly?
02. Why are fossil fuels considered as the most important sources of energy today?
03. What are the advantages of using natural gas as a fuel?
04. Which planet is known as morning and evening star? Why is it so called?
05. What are the asteroids? Differentiate between meteors and meteorites
06. What is Mensuration? Under what circumstances can twins be born in humans?
07. How is zygote developing in uterus?
08. If natural resources are renewable still get exhausted. Discuss with two examples.
09. Why is pituitary glands called “master glands”?
10. What is the function of endocrine system? What is it made up of?
Classify the crops based on the seasons. Give examples.
11. Why do farmers carry out leveling of ploughed fields?
12. What is meant by sowing? Explain the various methods of sowing the seeds.
13. What are the advantages of sowing seeds with a seed drill?
14. Define transplantation. State its advantages.
15. How soil gets affected by repeated growing of crops in the same field?
16. How are fertilizers different from manures?
17. Farmers in northern India grow legumes as fodder in one season and wheat in the next season.
a. What is this practice known as?
b. How does this practice help in the replenishment of soil?
18. How are weeds removed from the crop fields?
19. What is a combine? State its function.
20. What name is given to the cutting and gathering of food crop like wheat or paddy?
21. Which method is used to store the following
a. Food grains like wheat and rice
b. Fruits and vegetables
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 8 Now
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Chemistry 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Entrepreneurship 2008
- CBSE Board 12 Political Science Previous Year Question Paper 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2008
- Manipur Board Class 9 Assamese
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Science
- Haryana Board Class 10 Computer Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Telugu
- CBSE Board Class 10 Syllabus For English Core
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 National, Social Service(NSS)
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Malayalam(Special)
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Accountancy
- CBSE Board Class 11 History
- Gujarat Board Class 12 English Core