CBSE Board Class 10 Science Sample Papers 2011
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2011 for Class 10 Science
I. This question paper is divided into two sections A and B.
II. All questions are compulsory.
III. Q. No. 1 to 5 in section A are 1 mark questions.
IV. Q. No. 6 to 10 are 2 mark questions.
V. Q. No. 11 to 15 are 3 mark questions
VI. Q. No. 16 & 17 are 5 mark questions.
VII. Q. No. 18 to 27 in section B are multiple choice questions and are of 1 mark questions.
Q1.Define lateral magnification.
Q2.A person cannot see object beyond 1.2m distinctly. What is the defect and how can it be corrected?
Q3. What will be the color of sky in the absence of atmosphere? Why?
Q4. A metal A forms an oxide having formula A2O3. It belongs to 3rd period in the periodic table. Write its atomic no. and valency.
Q5. What happens when a small piece of sodium is dropped into ethanol?
Q6. What are rod shaped and cone shaped cells?How do they help us in seeing colors?
Q7. What is the difference between virtual image produced by concave, plane and convex mirrors?
a. Three elements that have a single electron in their outermost shells.
b. Two elements that have two electrons in their outermost shell.
c. Three elements with filled outermost shell.
Periods 1 2 3 to 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
2 A B C
3 D E F
a. Which element will form only covalent compounds?
b. Which element is a metal with valency 2?
c. Which element is nonmetal with valency of 3?
d. Out of D and E, which one has a bigger atomic radius and why?
e. Write a common name for the family of elements C and F.
Q10.Two carbon compounds A and B have the molecular formula C3H8 and C3H6respectively. Which one of the two is most likely to show addition reaction?
Justify your answer. Explain how addition reaction is useful in vegetable ghee industry?
Q11. Write the sign conventions used for spherical mirrors?
Q12. A concave mirror and a concave lens are held in water. What changes, if any, do you expect in their focal length?
Q13.Table given below shows a part of the periodic table.
Li Be B C N O F Ne
Na Mg Al Si P S Cl Ar
Using this table, explain why:
a. Li and Na are considered as active metals?
b. Atomic size of Mg is less than that of Na?
c. F is more reactive than Cl?
Q14. What is color blindness?
Q15. Give differences between Diamond and Graphite.
a. Give a chemical test to distinguish between saturated and unsaturated hydrocarbons.
b. Name the product formed when ethanol burns in air.
c. What two forms of energy are liberated on burning alcohol?
d. Why the reaction between methane and chlorine is considered a substitution reaction
Q17. Give reasons of the following;
a. The sky near the horizon appears to have reddish view at the time of sunrise and sun set.
b. The sky appears dark to an astronaut.
c. The planets do not twinkle.
Q18. Power of lens is-
A. P = 1/ f(m)
B. P = f (m)
C. 1/P = 1/f (m)
D. P - f (m) = 1
Q19. If a person obtains a blurred image of an object on a screen by using a concave mirror, in order to obtain a sharp image on the screen, he will have to shift the mirror:
A. Towards the screen
B. Away from the screen
C. To a position very far away from the screen
D. Either towards or away from the screen depending upon the position of the object.
Q20. Focal length of plane mirror is:
Q21. The human eye forms the image of an object at its :
Q22. The splitting of white light into its component colors is called:
Q23. No. of triads identified by Dobereiner were:
Q24. How many elements were classified by Newland?
Q25. Choose the metalloid out of the following:
Q26. The allotropes of Carbon are
A. C-12, C-13
B. C-12, C-14
C. C-12, diamond
D. Diamond and Graphite
Q27. Vinegar is a dilute solution of:
A. Acetic acid
B. Formic acid
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 10 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2008
- Karnataka Board Class 10 Social Science Sample Paper Of 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2008
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 9 English Core 2010
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2009
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Political Science 2009
- Bihar Board Class 12 2010 Economics
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2007
- ICSE Board Class 9 Physics 2008
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Chemistry 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2009
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Chemistry Previous Year Question paper of 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Fashion Studies 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 History 2011
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Business Studies
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Anatomy Physiology and Health
- Samacheer Kalvi Class 10 Science
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Psychology
- CBSE Board 12th Physics Syllabus
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Home Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Animal Husbandry
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Science
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Physics
- CBSE Board Class 10 Syllabus For English Core