CBSE Board Class 10 Science Previous Year Question Papers 2005
CBSE Board Previous Year Question Papers 2005 for Class 10 Science
Class – X
Subject – SCIENCE
TIME: 2 ½ HRS MM 60
One mark Questions
1.Focal length of concave lens is 50cm find its power?
2.Write Functional Groups of Alcohol and Aldehyde
3.What will be the effect of depletion of ozone?
4.What are three R’s? 1X4=4
Two mark Questions
5.Give any two ways in which non-biodegradable substances would affect the environment.
6.Define biological magnification? How it occur?
7.How is the amount of light entering the eye controlled?
8.Explain the phenomenon of rainbow.
9.Why planet does not twinkle?
10.Write the merits of Mendeleev’s periodic table.
11.What is the position of Hydrogen in modern periodic table?
12.Diagrammatically show the process of budding in hydra.
13.Draw L.S. of a bisexual flower. 2X9=18
Three mark Questions
14.An object 2.5cm high is placed at a distance of 25cm from diverging mirror of focal length 20cm. Find the nature, position and size of the image formed?
15.Sign Conventions for Refraction by lens
16.Why does sun appear red early in morning and at sun set?
17.Draw the structural formula CO2, H2S, S8
18.In the periodic table given below Lithium, Carbon, Oxygen and Neon are placed in their correct position. The positions of the nine other elements are represented by letters. These letters are not the symbol of any element.
19 Explain the term analogous and homologous organs with example.
20 Only variations that confer an advantage to an individual organism will survive in a population. Do you agree with this statement? Why and why not.
21 How is the sex of the child determined in human beings?
22 What are the different methods of contraception? 3X9=27
Five mark Questions
23 (A) Write the reaction when
(i) Ethanol is heated with conc. H2SO4.
(ii)Acetic acid is reacted with sodium carbonate.
(iii) Methanol burns in presence of air
(B) Why does carbon form compounds mainly by covalent bonding? 3+2
(A) Write the structural formula of 2-methylbutane, 2, 2-dimethyl propane, Butanone
(B) Explain the mechanism of the cleaning action of soaps. 3+2
24 (A) Describe the various methods of asexual reproduction
(B) Why does menstruation occur? 3+2
(A) What are the advantages of artificial vegetative propagation?
(B) Draw the diagram of flower and explain the parts. 3+2
25 What is hypermetropia? How can it be corrected? How is it different from presbyopia? 1+2+2
Draw label diagram of an eye, write the causes of myopia and show how it can be prevented with ray diagram? 1+2+2
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Previous Year Question Paper for class 10 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Science 2013-SET3
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2009
- ICSE Board Class 10 Biology 2009
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Hindi (Special Language) 2013-SET-2
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 English Core 2008
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Sanskrit 2013-SET-4
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Home Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2010
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Physical Education 2009
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Geography 2011
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 10 Functional English 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Chemistry 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12th Accountancy Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2010
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Sociology
- Rajasthan Board Class 10 Gujarati
- Meghalaya Board Class 12 English Core
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Dance
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Hindi
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 History
- ICSE Board Class 10 Chemistry
- Haryana Board Class 12 English Elective
- Rajasthan Board Class 9 English Core
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Business Studies