CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology Sample Papers 2011
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2011 for Class 12 Psychology
Time Allowed : 3 Hours Maximum Marks: 70
(i) All questions are compulsory.
(ii) Marks for each question are indicated against it.
(iii) Answers should be brief and to the point.
(iv) PART- A has 10 Learning Checks carrying one mark each. You are required to answer them as directed.
(v) Questions 11 to 16 in PART- B are Very Short Answer type questions carrying 2 marks each. Answer to each question should not exceed 30 words.
(vi) Questions 17 to 20 in PART- C are Short Answer Type I questions carrying 3 marks each. Answer to each question should not exceed 60 words.
(vii) Questions 21 to 26 in PART- D are Short Answer Type II questions carrying 4 marks each. Answer to each question should not exceed 100 words.
(viii) Questions 27 and 28 in PART- E are Long Answer Type questions carrying 6 marks each. Answer to each question should not exceed 200 words.
PART - A
1. Match the TWO lists and choose the correct match from the given options:
LIST A LIST B
1.One factor theory A. Thurstone
2.Two factor theory B. Binet
3.Structure of Intellect Model C. Spearman
4.Theory of Primary Mental Abilities D. Guilford
a. 1 – D, 2 – A, 3 – C, 4 – B,
b. 1 – C, 2 – D, 3 – B, 4 – A,
c. 1 – A, 2 – C, 3 – D, 4 – B,
d. 1 – B, 2 – C, 3 – A, 4 – D, (1)
2. A person’s resolution of problems at any stage of development less than the adequate, demonstrates regression. (1) (a) True (b) False
3. A counselor is trying to understand the feelings of another person from his/her Perspective. Here the counselor is exhibiting:
(a) Sympathy (b) Empathy (c) Unconditional positive regard (d) Paraphrasing (1)
4. The craze for thinness valued by models and actors is termed as ________.
(a) Anorexia nervosa (b) Bulimia. (1)
5. The term used to describe the level of stress that is good for human beings is
(a) Strain (b) Eustress (c) distress (d) Arousal (1)
6. ‘Changing our behavior can change how we think and feel’. Give an example. (1)
7. Identify the correct sequence of the stages of group formation. (1)
(a) Performing, norming, storming & forming.
(b) Forming, storming, norming & performing.
(c) Norming, storming, forming & performing.
(d) Storming, norming, performing & forming.
8. Name any ONE human influence on environment. (1)
9. What do you suggest should be the age of the President of India? This is an example of _____________ type of interview question.
(a) Closed ended question
(b) Open ended question
(c) Mirror question
(d) Bipolar question (1)
10. Ritu’s son works in a call centre. In spite of knowing his odd hours of returning, she continues to have prolonged, vague and intense fear, accompanied by hyper vigilance, showing a kind of anxiety. Identify the type of anxiety she is suffering from? (1)
PART - B
11. Elucidate any TWO characteristics of emotionally intelligent individual. (2)
12. Mention TWO tips to improve listening skills. (2)
13. State any TWO techniques of self regulation. (2)
14. How does counseling process get initiated? Mention the first two steps. (2)
15. ‘Extreme cohesiveness within a group becomes harmful for its functioning’.Explain. (2)
16. What are the effects of noise on human behaviour? (2)
PART - C
17. Critically evaluate the method of behavioural rating for assessing personality. (3)
18 A person shows break-up in relationships, increased body weight, poor performance in school and at work. State the factors predisposing this disorder. (3)
19 Give the meaning of attribution. Explain fundamental attribution error with the help of an example. (3)
20. What is aggression? Describe any TWO causes. (3)
Suggest any THREE strategies for poverty alleviation.
PART – D
21. ‘Projective techniques were developed to assess unconscious motives and feelings’. Elaborate the statement and explain TWO such techniques. (4)
Compare the trait approaches given by Allport and Cattell to understand personality.
22. State the basic assumptions of behavior therapy. Highlight various stages of systematic desensitization. (2+2=4)
23. What is prejudice? Write any THREE sources which lead to the development of prejudices. (4)
24. What are the potential causes of inter group conflicts among two caste or community groups. Suggest some strategies to reduce such conflicts. (4)
25. ‘Effective communication is possible with body language’ Comment. (4)
26. Elucidate the differences in various areas of functioning at different levels of mental retardation. (4)
27 Distinguish between psychometric and information processing approaches to intelligence. Elaborate any ONE theory representing information processing approach. (2+4 =6)
Differentiate between ‘technological intelligence’ and integral intelligence.’ Elaborate the concept of intelligence in Indian tradition. (3+3 =6)
28. How can virtues of wisdom and knowledge be applied by students to enhance their well being? Illustrate with 2 examples. (3+3=6)
Stress is an inevitable part of life. Suggest techniques to manage stress in life. (3+3=6)
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 9 Chemistry 2009
- Tamilnadu Board Class 12 Botany Sample Paper Of 2011
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Geography 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Social Science 2009
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Social Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Accountancy 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Chemistry For 2007
- Bihar Board Class 12 Physics 2012
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Home Science 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12th Biology Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Chemistry 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2008
- Maharashtra Board Class 12 Math & statistics syllabus
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Accountancy
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 History
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Gujarati (special)
- West Bengal Board Class 9 Syllabus For English Core
- Rajasthan Board Class 9 English Core
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Sindhi
- Rajasthan Board Class 10 Gujarati
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Arabic
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Economics