CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science Previous Year Question Papers 2007
CBSE Board Previous Year Question Papers 2007 for Class 12 Political Science
Time allowed : 3 hours Maximum Marks: 100
General Instructions :
(i) All questions are compulsory.
(ii) Marks for each question are indicated against it.
(iii) Questions number 1 to 10 are of two marks each. The answers to these questions
should not exceed 50 words each.
(iv) Questions number 11 to 20 are of four marks each. The answers to these questions should not exceed 100 words each.
(v) Questions number 21 to 25 are of eight marks each. The answers to these questions should not exceed 200 words each.
1. Please check that this question paper contains 4 printed pages.
2. Code number given on the right hand side of the question paper should be written on the title page of the answer-book by the candidate.
3. Please check that this question paper contains 25 questions.
4. Please write down the serial number of the question before attempting it.
1. Differentiate between the concept of Dharma and Religion. 2
2. Has globalisation increased or decreased the activities of the modern state ? Explain how. 2
3. Mention any four Fundamental Duties expected from a citizen. 2
4. What do you understand by political socialisation ? 2
5. What is territorial representation ? 2
6. Mention any two measures to curb criminalisation of politics in India. 2
7. Write a short note on two party system. 2
8. What is a Regional Party ? Mention any one regional party of India. 1+1
9. Explain the concept of ‘Humanism’. 2
10. Explain any two domestic determinants of the Foreign Policy of India. 2
11. Discuss the relationship between law and liberty. 4
12. Explain (a) Right to Personal Liberty and (b) Equality before Law. 2+2
13. What do you understand by Comparative Politics ? Why do we study it ? 2+2
14. Explain the differences between the traditional and modern approaches to the study of Comparative Politics. 4
15. How can we curb the undue use of money and muscle power during elections in India ? 4
16. Explain the role of the National Development Council in India’s socio-economic development. 4
17. What do you understand by women’s empowerment ? What is the role of education in empowering women ? 4
18. Differentiate between regionalism and separatism. What factors are responsible for growing regionalism in India ? 4
19. Discuss India’s role in the UNO. 4
20. Explain the concept of empirical liberalism. 4
21. Equality implies ‘equality of opportunities’ and not ‘equality of outcomes’. Do you agree with this view ? Why ? 2+6
What is justice ? Are you in favour of ‘protective discrimination’ to ensure social justice in India ? Give arguments for your answer.
22. Describe the main tenets of Marxism. What led to the decline of Communist movements in recent times ? 4+4
On what grounds did Gandhiji criticise the modern Western civilization ? What was his concept of an ideal State ?
23. What is the importance of public opinion in a democracy ? What are the conditions for the formulation of sound public opinion ? 4+4
Write a critical essay on the emerging trends in the party system in India.
24. What factors are responsible for the prevailing socio-economic disparities in India ? How can we curb them ? 8
Write a critical note on India’s National Policy of Education, 1986.
25. Discuss India’s changing relationship with Russia. 8
Assess the importance and impact of ‘Globalisation’ in India’s Foreign Policy.
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Previous Year Question Paper for class 12 Now
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2007
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2008
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2007
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2009
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics
- West Bengal Board Class 12 Syllabus For Physics
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 History
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Sanskrit (special)
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Home Science
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 10 Social Science
- Manipur Board Class 10 Paite
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Fashion Studies
- CBSE Board Class 7 Science
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Drama