CBSE Board Class 11 Physics Previous Year Question Papers 2009
CBSE Board Previous Year Question Papers 2009 for Class 11 Physics
Class - XI
Subject - Physics (Theory)
Time: 3 hours Max. Marks 70
1. All questions are compulsory. Symbols have their usual meaning.
2. Use of calculator is not permitted. However you may use log table, if required.
3. Draw neat labelled diagram wherever necessary to explain your answer.
4. Q.No. 1 to 8 are of very short answer type questions, carrying 1 mark each.
5. Q.No.9 to 18 are of short answer type questions, carrying 2 marks each.
6. Q. No. 19 to 27 carry 3 marks each. Q. No. 28 to 30 carry 5 marks each.
1. What is the ratio of A.B to A X B when angle between A and B is 600?
2. Write down the dimensions of universal gravitation constant .
3. What is the effect on viscosity of gases when temperature is increased?
4. A light body and heavy body have equal momentum , which one have greater
Kinetic energy ?
5. Two absolute scales A and B have triple points of water defined to be 275 A and
50 B. What is the relation between TA and TB .
6. State Newton’s universal law of gravitation and express it in vector form.
7. Calculate the moment of inertia of a uniform ring of mass 200 g and radius
20 cm, about one of its tangent which is perpendicular to the plane of ring.
8. What would be the excess pressure inside a mercury drop of radius 0.8 mm?
Surface tension of mercury at 200 C is 465 X 10 3 N/m
9. A physical quantity P is related to four observables a,b,c and d as follows ;
P = √ab
The percentage errors in a,b,c and d are 2%, 4% ,3% and
2% respectively. What is the percentage error in the quantity P .
10. Draw the Velocity – Time graph for following cases when
( i) Object is moving with positive acceleration ( ii) An object is under free fall
11. Explain following with proper reason.
(a) Why blood pressure in humans is greater at the feet than at brain.
(b) Water wets the glass surface while mercury does not.
12. Derive the necessary relation for safest velocity of an automobile on a banked
road of radius r and friction coefficient .
13. Explain with reason Why:
(a) A brass tumbler feels much colder than a wooden tray on a chilly day.
(b) The earth without its atmosphere would be inhospitably cold.
14. State and Prove Work- Energy Theorem for variable force case.
What do you mean by conservative and non conservative force. Give one
example of each case.
15. Derive the necessary relation for orbital velocity of a satellite and prove that
T2R 3 using it.
16. The Energy of a body executing SHM depends on the mass m, its frequency f
and amplitude a. Derive the relation for energy using dimension methos.
17. State Hooke’s law. Explain Stress – Strain curve of a material when subjected
under extended load.
18. A body of mass m 1 moving with velocity u 1 along a straight line collide with
another body of mass m2 , perfect elastically, which is initially at rest. . Find
their velocities after collision.
19. What do you mean by acceleration due to gravity? Derive the necessary relation
for variation of g with depth.
20. State Parallelogram law of vector addition. Find the magnitude and direction of
the resultant of two vectors A and B in terms of their magnitudes and angle
21. Two masses 8 kg and 12 kg are connected at the two ends of an inextensible
string that passes over a frictionless pulley. Find the acceleration of the masses
and tension in the string when masses are released.
22. Define molar specific heat capacities at constant volume and pressure. Show that
CP - CV= R. Where Symbols have their usual meaning.
23. State Stokes’ law and derive the expression for critical velocity in case of a small
Spherical body falling through a viscous fluid like Glycerine.
24. State Pascal’s law. How it can be used in Hydraulic lift.
25. (a) Three bodies of identical radii ,a ring a solid sphere and a solid cylinder roll down the same inclined plane without slipping. They start from rest. Which
of the bodies reaches the ground with maximum velocity ?
(b) State the Parallel Axes theorem of moment of inertia.
(a) A metal bar 70 cm long and 4 kg in mass supported on two knife edges placed
10 cm from each end. A 6 kg load is suspended at 30 cm from one end. Find the
reactions at the knife edges. Assume the bar to be of uniform cross section and
(b) State the theorem of perpendicular axes of moment of inertia.
26. Define Centre of mass. A body projected into space explodes. What will be the
nature of path of its core?
27. If Earth were suddenly shrink to ½ of its present radius without change in mass,
What is the effect on duration of day?
28. (a) What is angle of contact? When it is obtuse ? When it is acute?
( b) Show that excess pressure inside a drop of radius r is Pi – Po = 2S /R .
State and prove Bernoulli’s theorem. Explain any one application of it.
29. Answer any three from following.
(a) Suggest some ways to minimize friction.
(b) Explain why it is easier to pull a roller than to push it.
(c) A constant force acting on a body of mass 3 kg changes its speed from 2 ms
to 3.5 ms
in 25 s. The direction of the motion of the body remains
unchanged. What is the magnitude and direction of the force.
(a) Passengers are thrown forward from their seats when a speeding bus stops
suddenly. (b) A cricketer moves his hands backwards while holding a catch.
(b) An aircraft executes a horizontal loop at a speed of 720 km/h with its wings
banked at 15
. What is the radius of the loop.
30. (a) Derive the equation v
(b) A ball is thrown vertically upward with a velocity 20 m/s from the top of a
multistory building. The height of the point from where the ball is thrown is 25 m from the ground,
i) How high the ball rise?
ii) With what velocity
strike the ground ?
(a) A projectile is fired in air making an angle with horizontal. Show that
(i) Its path is parabolic in nature. (ii) tan ɵ = 4H / R where H is
maximum height attained and R is the range of projectile.
(b) An aircraft executes a horizontal loop of radius 1.00 km with a steady speed
of 900 km/h. Compare its centripetal acceleration with the acceleration due to
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Previous Year Question Paper for class 11 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2007
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Chemistry 2011
- CBSE Board Class 9 Physics 2009
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 History 2011
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Geography 2005
- CBSE Board Class 8 Math 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2009
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Chemistry 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Physics 2010
- CBSE Board Class 9 Science 2008
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2005
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Chemistry Previous Year Question paper of 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2007
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2007
- ICSE Board Class 10 Geography 2008
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Psychology 2011
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Physics
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Fine Arts
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 9 Science
- Manipur Board Class 10 Bengali
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Entrepreneurship
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Punjabi (Special)
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Biology
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Informatics Practices
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Home Management, Nutrition & Textile
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Hindi