CBSE Board Class 9 Math Sample Papers 2010
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2010 for Class 9 Math
Class – IX
Subject – Maths
(i)All questions are compulsory.
(ii)The question paper consists of 30 questions divided into four sections – A, B, C and D. Section A contains 10 questions of 1mark each, Section B contains 5 questions of 2 marks each, Section C contains 10 questions of 3 marks each and section D contains 5 questions of 6 marks each.
(iii)There is no overall choice. However, internal choice has been provided.
(iv)Use of calculator is not permitted.
1.Find the Value of a if (2y+3) is a factor of 2y3 + 9y2 – y – a.
2.The measure of an angle is four times the measures of its supplementary angles .Find the angles.
3.Factorize: x2 – 2x + 7/16.
4.The length of a diagonal of a square is 20 cm. Find its area.
5.The C.S.A. of a Cylinder is 4620 cm2. Find its radius if height is 35 cm.
6.Find the length of a chord which is at a distance of 5 cm from the centre of a circle whose radius is 10 cm.
7.Find p(–3) , if p(x) = x4 + 3x3 + 11x2 + 4x – 6
8.The value of K is when x–1 is factor of 4x3 + 3x2 – 4x – K is
(a) 3 (b) 0 (c) –1 (d) –3
9.Every square is a rhombus. True or False.
10.Define Zeros of polynomial.
12.∆ABC is an isosceles triangle in which AB = AC. D, E and F are the midpoints of the sides BC, AC and AB respectively, prove that DE=DF.
13.Write two solution of equation 5x – 4y = 9
14.If ∠AOC + ∠BOD= 240°, find all the angles:
15.Curved surface area of a right circular cylindrical is 4.4m2. If the radius of the base of the cylinder is 0.7m. Find its height.
16.“Lines which are parallel to same line are parallel to each other.” Prove.
∆ABC is an isosceles triangle in which AB = AC. Side BA is produced to D such that AD = AB. Show that BCD is a right angle.
17.We know that force applied on a body is directly proportional to the acceleration produced in the body. Express this using equation in two variables taking the constant as 4.5 units. Also, draw the graph for the equation.
18.Factorise (y2 – 5y)2–2(y2 – 5y) – 24
19.If x = 2 – √3 Find x2 + 1
2 +√3 x2
20.If E and F are midpoints of sides AC and AB respectively. G is a point of intersection of BE and CF, prove that ar(quad.AEGF) = ar(∆GBC)
21.Without actual multiplication evaluate (a) (99.7)2 (b) 100.4 × 99.6
Simplify: (a) (a + b – c)2 + (a – b – c)2 (b) (2x+ 3p)3 +(2x – 3p)3
22.In the figure AD and BE are medians ∆ABC and BE||DF, prove that CF = ¼AC.
23.If p + q + r = 0, show that p3 + q3 + r3 = 3pqr
24.Represent √5.6 on a number line.
25.A park, in the shape of a quadrilateral ABCD, has C = 900, A=9 m, BC = 12 m, CD = 5 m and AD = 8 m. How much area does it occupy?
A triangle and a parallelogram have the same base and the same area. If the sides of the triangle are 26cm, 28cm, 30cm and the parallelogram stands on the base 28cm find the height of the parallelogram.
26.ABCD is a trapezium such that CD||AB, if E and F are midpoints of AD and BC, prove that
b) EF= ½ (AB + CD)
Prove that the quadrilateral formed by joining the midpoints of sides of square is square.
27.If a diagonal of a parallelogram bisect one of the angles of the parallelogram. Prove that its two diagonals are perpendicular bisector of each other.
28.Construct a triangle PQR such that PQ=QR, ∠P=50° and perimeter is 12cm.
29.“The sides opposite to equal angle of a triangle are equal.” Prove
Prove that CP =BP, if in the figure below AD bisects ∠CPB and ∠CAB.
30.A closed box is made of wood which is 1cm thick. The external dimensions of the box are 1.5m, 1.08m and 0.72m, find the
a)Volume of the wood used in making the box.
b)Capacity of the box
A conical tent is 12m high and 14m in diameter.
c) Find the area of canvas required to make it.
d) Suppose if a person requires 5m2 space on ground and 12m3 in air, how many person such tent can accommodate.
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 9 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biotechnology 2007
- West Bengal Board Class 11 Biology Sample Paper Of 2012
- CBSE Board Class 12 Chemistry 2009
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2007
- Tamilnadu Board Class 10 Science Sample Paper Of 2011
- West Bengal Board Class 11 Math Sample Paper Of 2011
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Biology 2007 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Hindi (Special Language) 2013-SET-4
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Accountancy 2008
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12th Economics Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 History 2005
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2010
- West Bengal Board Class 12 Geography
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Gujarati (special)
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Art
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Agriculture
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Home Management, Nutrition & Textile
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Home Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Element of Science
- Gujarat Board Class 11 English Elective
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Anatomy Physiology and Health
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Education for Human Values