CBSE Board Class 9 Math Previous Year Question Papers 2008
CBSE Board Previous Year Question Papers 2008 for Class 9 Math
Time : 3 or 3 ½ hours Maximum Marks: 90
1. All questions are compulsory.
2. The question paper consists of 34 questions divided into four sections - A, B, C and D.Section - A
contains 8 questions of 1 mark each, Section B is of 6 questions of 2 marks each, Section is of
10 questions of 3 marks each and section D is of 10 questions of4 marks each.
3. In questionof construction, the drawing shouldbeneatand exactly as per the given measurements.
4. Use of calculator is not permitted..
SECTION – A
1. ABCD is a parallelogram and X and Y are the mid – points of sides AB and CD respectively. Then
the quadrilateral AXCY is
i. a parallelogram ii. a rectangle iii. a rhombus iv. a square
2. The graph of the linear equation 4x = 5 is
i. Parallel to x – axis iii. Parallel to y – axis
ii. Lies along x – axis iv. passes through origin
3. Diagonal of a cube is √ cm. Then its lateral surface area is :
i. √ cm 2
ii. 36 cm2
iii. 12 cm 2
iv. 8 cm2
4. In a class of 40 students. There are 110 % girls. Then the number of girls is :
i. 44 ii. 22 iii. 30 iv. None of these
5. AD is the diameter of a circle and AB is a chord. If AD = 34 cm, AB=30 cm, the distance of AB
from the centre of the circle is :
i. 17 cm ii. 15 cm iii.4 cm iv. 8 cm
6. The equation of x – axis is
i. x + y = 0 ii. x – y = 0 iii. y = 0 iv. x = 0
7. Mean of 20 observations is 15.5. Later it was found that the observation 24 was misread as 42. The
corrected mean is : i. 14.2 ii. 14.8 iii. 14.0 iv. 14.6
8. A conical tent is to accommodate 11 persons. Each person requires 4 square metres of the space on
the ground and 20 cubic metres of air to breadth, then the height of the cone is :
i. 10 ii. 12 m iii. 15 m iv. 18 m
SECTION – B
9. Circumference of the vase of a right circular cone is 88 cm. If height of the cone is 10 cm then, find
10. ABCD is a trapezium with AB || CD, E is the mid – point of side AD. A line through E parallel to
AB meets BC in F. Show that F is the mid – point of BC.
11. For a Mathematics test given to 15 students, the following marks( out of 100 ) are recorded :
41, 39, 48, 52, 46, 62, 54, 40, 96, 60, 52, 30, 52, 94, 56. Find mean and median.
12. In a class there are x boys and y girls, a student is selected at random, find the probability of
selecting: (a) a girl (b) both boy and girl.
13. ABCD is a ||gram AE DC and CF AD, if AB = 8 cm and CF = 10 cm. Find AD, if AE = 8 cm.
14. Class marks of a distribution are 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65. Determine the class size and class limit.
SECTION – C
15. In triangle ABC, the median BE and CF of a triangle intersect at G. Prove that area of GBC = area
of quadrilateral AFGE.16. Construct a ABC in which BC = 5.6 cm, AC – AB = 1.6 cm and B = 45.
17. The slant height and base diameter of a conical tomb are 25 m and 14 m respectively. Find the cost
of white – washing its curved surface at the rate of Rs 210 per 100 m 2 .
18. The following data are given in ascending order 20, 25, 28, 30, x, x + 2, 40, 45, 50, 52 if their
median is 36 then find the value of x. If the number 35 is replaced by 53 then find its new median.
19. When 5 times the larger of the two numbers is divided by the smaller, the quotient and the
remainder are 2 and 9. Form the linear equation in two variables for above and give its two
20. If ABCD is a trapezium in which AB||CD and AD = BC, prove that A = B.
Prove that the quadrilateral formed by the bisectors of the angles of a parallelogram is a rectangle.
21. In a frequency distribution, the mid-value of a class is 20 and the width of the class is 8. Find lower
limit of the class.
22. A class room is 10m long, 6.4m wide and 5m high. If each student be given 1.6m2 of the floor area,
how many students can be accommodated in the room? How many cubic metres of air would each
student get? OR
The diameter of a roller 120 cm long is 84 cm. If it takes 500 complete revolutions to level a
playground, determine the cost of leveling it at the rate of 30 paise per square metre.
23. Find three solutions of equation 2x + 3( y – 1) = 13. How many solutions this equations has?.
24. The diagonals of a parallelogram ABCD intersect at point O. Through O, a line is drawn to intersect
AD at P and BC at Q. Show that PQ divides the parallelogram into two parts of equal areas.
A point E is taken on the side BC of a parallelogram ABCD. AE and DC are produced to meet at F.
Prove that ar( ADF ) = ar (ABFC ).
SECTION – D
25. AB and AC are two chords of a circle of radius r such that AB = 2 AC. If p and q are the distances
of AB and AC from the centre. Prove that 4q2 = p 2 + 3r 2 .
26. The taxi fare in a city is as follow: for the first kilometer, the fare is Rs 8 and for the subsequent
distance it is Rs 5 per km. Taking the distance covered as x km and the total fare as Rs y, write a
linear equation for this information and draw its graph.
27. Prove that parallelogram on the same base and between the same parallels are equal in areas.
Using the above theorem, find area of ||gm BCEF, if ABCD and BCEF are on the
same base BC and between same parallel line AE||BC and ar(ADC) = 40cm 2.
28. A building has 8 pillars each having diameter 50 cm and height 3.5 m. Find the cost of painting their
curved surfaces at the rate of Rs 12.50 per square metre.
29. In a parallelogram ABCD, E and F are the mid – points of side AB and CD. Prove that the line
segments AF and CE trisect the diagonal BD.
30. Draw the line x = 4, y = 2 and x = y, on the same graph paper and then identify what type of figure
obtained? Also write the point of vertices of this figure formed.
31. Prove that the sum of either pair of opposite angles of a cyclic quadrilateral is 180.
Using the above theorem, prove that the sum of the angles formed in the four exterior to a
cyclic quadrilateral by the sides is equal to six right angles.
32. Construct a triangle ABC, if its perimeter is 10.4 cm and base angles 45 and 120.
33. A semi circular sheet of metal of diameter 28 cm is bent to form an open conical cup. Find the
capacity of the cup.
A lead pencil consists of a cylinder of wood with a solid cylinder of graphite filled in the interior.
The diameter of the pencil is 7 mm and the diameter of graphite is 1 mm. if the length of the pencil
is 14 cm. find the volume of wood and that of graphite.
34. The mean of the following distribution is 50. Find the value of a.
C.I (km/h) 10 30 50 70 100
Frequency 17 5a + 3 32 7a - 11 19
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Previous Year Question Paper for class 9 Now
- cbse class 9 maths question paper 2008
- cbse class 9 english question paper 2008
- cbse class 9 science question paper 2008
- board question paper of class 12 cbse 2008 physics
- cbse class 9 social science question paper 2008
- Cbse Board Sample Paper Class 9
- Cbse Board Sample Papers for Class 9 2012
- Cbse Class 9 Mathematics Syllabus
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2005
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2009
- CBSE Board 12 Biology Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Accountancy 2007
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2007
- ICSE Board Class 10 Home Science
- Maharashtra Board Class 10 Science
- Haryana Board Class 12 Physics
- CBSE Board Class 8 Syllabus For English Core
- ICSE Board Class 10 Chemistry
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Psychology
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Dance
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Syllabus of Economics
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Punjabi
- Haryana Board Class 10 Melodic