CBSE Board Class 8 Math Sample Papers 2011
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2011 for Class 8 Math
1. What least number must be subtracted from 7250 to get a perfect square? Also, find the square root of this perfect square
2. What is the least number by which 12348must be divided to obtain a perfect square?
3. Find the cost of erecting a fence around a square field whose area is 9 hectares if fencing
costs Rs 3.50 per metre
4. Find the least number of six digits which is a perfect square. Find the square root of this
5. The perimeter of a rectangular swimming pool is 154 metres. Its length is 2m more than twice its breadth. What are the length and breadth of the pool.
6. Sum of two numbers is 95. If one exceeds the other by 15 find the numbers.
7. Two numbers are in the ration 5:3. If they differ by 18, find these numbers
8. Three consecutive integers add up to 51. What are these integers?
9. The sum of three consecutive multiples of 8 is 888. Find the multiple.
10. Three consecutive integers are as such when they are taken in increasing order and multiplied by 2, 3, and 4 respectively, they add up to 74. Find these numbers.
11. The number of boys and girls in a class is in 7:5 ratio. The number of boys is 8 more than that of girls. Fin their numbers.
12. The ages of Rahul and Haroon are in the ratio of 5:7. Four years from now sum of their ages will be 56 years. Find their present age.
13. Baichung’s father is 26 years younger than Baichung’s grandfather and 29 years older than Baichung. The sum of their ages is 135. Find their ages.
14. Fifteen years from now Ravi’s age will be 4 times his current age. What is his current age.
15. Lakshmi is a cashier in a bank. She has notes of denominations of Rs. 100, 50 and 10 respectively. The ratio of number of these notes is 2:3:5 respectively. The total cash with Lakshmi is 4,00,000. How many notes of each denomination does she have?
16. I have total Rs 300 in coins of denominations of Rs.1, Rs.2, and Rs. 5.The number of Rs. 2 coins is 3 times the number of Rs. 5 coins. The total number of coins is 160. How many coins of each denomination are with me.
17. The organizers in an essay competition decide that winner will get a prize of Rs. 100 and a participation who doesn’t win gets a prize of Rs. 25. The total prize money distributed is Rs. 3,000. Find the number of winners if the total number of participants is 63.
18. If in a rational number denominator is greater than numerator by 8. If you increase the numerator by 17 and decrease
the denominator by 1, you get 3/2 as result. Find the number.
19. Amina thinks of a number and subtracts 5/2 from it. She multiplies the result by 8. The final result is 3 times her original number. Find the number
20. A positive number is 5 times another number. If 21 is added to both the numbers then one of the new numbers becomes twice of another new numbers. Find the original numbers.
21. Sum of the digits of a two digit number is 9. When we interchange the digits the new number is 27 greater than the earlier number. Find the number.
22. One of the digits of a two digit number is three times the other digit. If you interchange the digits and add the resulting number to original number you get 88 as final result. Find the numbers.
23. Sahoo’s mother’s present age is six times Sahoo’s present age. Five year from now Sahoo’s age will be one-third of his mother’s age. Find their current age.
24. There is a narrow rectangular plot. The length and breadth of the plot are in the ratio of 11:4. At the rate of Rs. 100 per metre it will cost village panchayat Rs.75000 to fence the plot. What are the dimensions of the plot.
25. If ( x + 1 / x ) = 4, Find the value of ( x2 + 1/x2 ) and (x4 + 1/x4 )
26. If ( x - 1/ x ) = 3 .Find the value of (x3 + 1/x3 )
27. Find the remainder obtained by dividing x3 + 3 x2 - 5x + 4 by x + 1
28. Evaluate using algebraic identities (54)2 ; (78)2; (999)2
29. If x - y = 7, x y = 9 Find the value of x2 + y2
30. If x + y = 12 , x y = 27 Find the value of x3 + y3
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 8 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Psychology 2011
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Geography 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Sanskrit 2013-Set-2
- ICSE Board Class 10 Physics 2009
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Home Science 2013-SET-2
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Biology For 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Sociology 2013
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Geography 2008
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2007
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2010
- Haryana Board Class 12 Physical Education
- Haryana Board Class 12 English Core
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 English Core(Compulsory)
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Entrepreneurship
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Biotechnology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Physical Education
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Marathi (special)
- Rajasthan Board Class 10 Science
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Home Science