CBSE Board Class 8 Math Sample Papers 2010
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2010 for Class 8 Math
1. You invest Rs 5000 at 12% interest compounded annually. How much is in the account after 2 years, assuming that you make no subsequent withdrawal or deposit?
2.Find the amount and the compound interest on Rs 4000 at 10% p.a. for 2½ years.
3.A man invests Rs 5000 for three years at a certain rate of interest, compounded annually. At the end of one year it amounts to Rs 5600. Calculate (i) the rate of interest per annum, (ii) the interest accrued in the second year, (iii) the amount at the end of the third year.
4. A sum of Rs 9600 is invested for 3 years at 10% per annum at compound interest. (i) What is the sum due at the end of the first year? (ii) What is the sum due at the end of the second year? (iii) Find the compound interest earned in two years. (iv) Find the difference between the answers (ii) and (i) and find the interest on this sum for one year. (v) Hence write down the compound interest for the third year.
5. Find the difference between the S.I. and C.I. on Rs 2500 for 2 years at 4% p.a., compound interest reckoned semi-annually.
6. Find the amount and the compound interest on Rs 8000 in 2 years if the rate is 10% for the first year and 12% for the second year.
7. A man invests Rs 6500 for 3 years at 4·5% p.a. compound interest reckoned yearly. Income tax at the rate of 20% is deducted at the end of each year. Find the amount at the end of the third year.
8. Calculate the compound interest for the second year on Rs 8000 invested for 3 years at 10% p.a.
Find the sum which amounts to Rs 9261 at 10% p.a. compound interest for 18 months, interest payable half-yearly.
9. On what sum will the compound interest for 2 years at 5% p.a. be Rs 246?
10. On what sum will the compound interest (reckoned yearly) for 3 years at 6¼% per annum be Rs 408·50?
11. A man invests Rs 1200 for two years at compound interest. After one year his money amounts to Rs 1275. Find the rate of compound interest. Also find the amount which the man will get after 2 years correct to the nearest paise.
12. At what rate percent per annum compound interest will Rs 2000 amount to Rs 2315·25 in 3 years?
If Rs 50000 amounts to Rs 73205 in 4 years, find the rate of compound interest payable yearly.
13. In what time will Rs 15625 amount to Rs 17576 at 4% per annum compound interest?
14. In what time will a sum of Rs 2500 produce Rs 309 at 6% per annum compound interest?
15. In what time will a sum of Rs 800 at 10% per annum compounded half-yearly produce Rs 126·10?
16. Find the product of
(1) (x4 + 1/x4 ) and ( x + 1/x )
(2) (2x2 + 3x - 7)(3x2 -5x - 4)
17.Two adjacent side of a rectangle are 5x2-3y2 and x2 - 2xy Find its perimeter
18. A man’s age is three times his son’s age. Ten years ago his age was five times his son’s age. Find their current age.
19. Hari and Harry’s age are in the ratio of 5:7. Four years later the ratio of their ages will be 3:4. Find their current age.
20. Factorize using a2+b2+c2 +2ab+2bc+2ca
(1) x2 + y2 + 25 z2 – 2 x y – 10 y z + 10 z x
(2) 9x2 + 4y2 + 49z2 – 12 x y + 28 y z – 42 z x
(3) 4x6 + 9y6 + 16 x 6 + 12 x3 y3 + 16 x3 z3 + 24 y3z3
(4) a8 + 256 b8 + 96 a4b4-16a3b2 – 256a2b6
21. Factorize (x + a) (x + b) = x2 + (a + b) x +a b
(1) x2+7x+ 10 (2) x2+x-20 (3) x2-4x-21 (4) 15x2 + 13x + 2 (5) -6x2 - 13x+5
22. A motor boat covers a certain distance downstream in a river in 5 hours. It covers the
same distance upstream in 6 hours. The speed of water is 2 km/hr . Find the speed of the
boat in still water.
23. Three prizes are to be distributed in a quiz contest. The value of the second prize is five
sixths the value of the first prize and the value of the third prize is four – fifths that of the
second prize. If the total value of three prizes is Rs. 150, find the value of each prize.
24. (a) Each side of a triangle is increased by 10 cm. If the ratio of the perimeters of the new
triangle and the given triangle is 5 : 4, find the perimeter of the given triangle
(b) . The difference between two positive integers is 36. The quotient, when one integer is
divided by the other is 4. Find the two integers.
(1 x4 – (y + z)4 (2) y2 –7y +12 (3) 6xy – 4y + 6 – 9x
(4) a4 – 2a²b² + b4 (5) (x² – 2xy + y²) – z²
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 8 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Social Science 2009
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Chemistry 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Accountancy 2007
- CBSE Board Political Science Sample Papers for Class 12 for year 2011
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Math 2011
- West Bengal Board Class 11 Computer Science Sample Paper Of 2012
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Hindi 2013
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Math 2013-SET-3
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Home Management, Nutrition & Textile 2013
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 10 Home Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2005
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Economics 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2011
- CBSE Board 10th Mathematics Syllabus
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Biotechnology
- CBSE Board 12th English Elective Syllabus
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics
- CBSE BOARD History Syllabus for Class 12
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Music (Hindustani Vocal)
- Haryana Board Class 12 Dance
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Music (Hindustani Vocal)
- West Bengal Board Class 11 Syllabus For Physics