CBSE Board Class 8 Math Sample Papers 2009
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2009 for Class 8 Math
Q1. A number consists of 2 digits whose sum is 8. If 18 is added to the number its digits are
reversed. Find the number
Q2. Kanwar is 3 years older than Anima. Six year ago, Kanwar’s age was four times Anima’s
age. Find the ages of Kanwar and anima.
Q3. The difference between the squares of 2 consecutive numbers is 31. Find the numbers
Q4. A sum of Rs. 800 is in the form of denominations of Rs. 10 and Rs. 20. If the total number
of notes be 50, find the number of notes of each type http://jsuniltutorial.weebly.com/ Page 4
Q5. The numerator of a fraction is 6 less than the denominator. If 3 is added to the numerator,
the fraction is equal to. What is the original fraction equal to
Q6. Sarita is twice as old as ashima. If six years is subtracted from Ashima’s age, then Sarita
will be four times Ashima’s age. How old were they two years ago?
Q7. The distance between two stations is 340 km. two trains start simultaneously from this
station on parallel tracks to cross each other the speed of one of them is greater than that of the
other by 5 km/hr. If the distance between the two trains after 2 Hrs. of their start is 30 km. find
the speed of each train.
Q8. The ages of Soun and Monu are in the ratio 7 : 5 ten years hence, the ratio of their present
Q9. The diagonal of a quadrilateral is 20 m in length and the perpendicular to it from the
opposite vertices are 8.5 m and 11 m. find the area of the quadrilateral.
Q10. The parallel sides of a trapezium are 25 cm and 13 cm, its non parallel sides are equal
each being 1cm. find the area of the trapezium.
Q11. The area of the trapezium is 105 cm 2 and its height is 7 cm. If one of the parallel side is
longer than the other by 6 cm. Find the two parallel sides.
Q12. How many 5 cm cubes can be obtained from a cube can be obtained from a cube whose
edge is 20 cm?
Q13. What will happen to the volume of a cube if the edge is doubled?
Q14. A cubical oil tin in 30 cm by 40 cm by 50 cm. find the cost of the tin required for making 20
such tins if the cost of the in sheet is Rs. 20 per squares meter.
Q15. The walls and ceiling of a room are to be plastered. The length, breadth and height of the
room are 4.5 m, 3 m and 350 cm respectively. Find the cost of plastering at the rate of Rs. 8 per
Q16. The dimension of a metallic cuboids are 100 cm by 80 cm by 64 cm. if is melted and
recast into a cube. Find the surface area of the cube.
Q17. A tank open at the top is made of iron sheet 4 m wide. If the dimensions of the tank are 12 m by 8 m by 6 m. find the cost of iron sheet at Rs. 18 per metre.
Q18. Simple Interest on a sum of money for three year at 6 % per annum. is Rs. 2400. What will be the Compound Interest on that sum at the same rate for same period?
Q19. Find the difference between the Compound Interest and Simple Interest on a sum of Rs.50000 at 10 % per annum for 2 years.
Q20. Amit borrowed Rs 16000 at 17 % per annum Simple Interest. On the same day he gives it to Ashu at the same day but compounded annually. What does he gain at the end of 2 years?
Q21. Find the amount of Rs. 12500 for 2 years compounded annually, the rate of interest being 15% for first year and 16% for second year.
Q22. Find rate percent per annum if Rs. 2000 amount to Rs. 2662 in years, interest being compounded half yearly?
Q23. In how much time would Rs. 5000 amount to Rs. 6655 at 10% per annum compounded interest?
Q24. The population of a town 2 years ago was 62500. Due to migration to cities it decreases every year at rate of 4% per annum. Find is present population.
Q25. A factory increased its production of three wheelers from 80000 in 1999 to 92610 in 2002.Find the annual rate of growth of production of three wheelers?
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 8 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2010
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2007
- CBSE Board Class 10 Home Science 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2009
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Geography 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Informatics Practices 2013-SET-2
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Computer Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Entrepreneurship 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Anatomy Physiology and Health 2013-SET-2
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2011
- CBSE Board Class 9 Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Accountancy 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Entrepreneurship 2008
- CBSE Board 12 Chemistry Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2005
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Element of Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Math
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Biotechnology
- ICSE Board Class 10 Computer Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Hindi (Special Language)
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Social Science
- Haryana Board Class 8 Hindi
- Rajasthan Board Class 9 Science
- Manipur Board Class 11 Class 10 Mizo
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Tamil