CBSE Board Class 8 Math Sample Papers 2008
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2008 for Class 8 Math
CLASS 8 MATHS
1. There is 60% increase in an amount in 6 years at simple interest. What will be the compound interest of Rs. 12,000 after 3 years at the same rate?
2. The difference between compound interest and simple interest on an amount of Rs. 15,000 for 2 years is Rs. 96. What is the rate of interest per annum?
3. A right triangle with sides 3 cm, 4 cm and 5 cm is rotated the side of 3 cm to form a cone. The volume of the cone so formed
4. A large cube is formed from the material obtained by melting three smaller cubes of 3, 4 and 5 cm side. What is the ratio of the total surface areas of the smaller cubes and the large cube?
5. A does 80% of a work in 20 days. He then calls in B and they together finish the remaining work in 3 days. How long B alone would take to do the whole work?
6. A is 30% more efficient than B. How much time will they, working together, take to complete a job which A alone could have done in 23 days?
7. A takes twice as much time as B or thrice as much time as C to finish a piece of work. Working together, they can finish the work in 2 days. In how many days B can do the work alone?
8. A bag contains coins of denomination of Rs. 5 and Rs. 2. The total value of these coins is Rs. 1272. If the number of two rupee coins is 15% of the five rupee coins, find the number of coins of
9. The following data shows the expenditure of an individual over various items :
Items Education Food Rent Clothing Others
Expenditure (in Rs.) 1600 3200 4000 2400 3200
Represent the above data by a pie chart.
10. A rectangular sheet of aluminium foil is 44 cm. long and 20 cm. wide. A cylinder is made out of it, by rolling the foil along width. Find the volume of the cylinder.
Or, what is the value of x if ABCD is a parallelogram and CBE is an isosceles triangle?
11. Fill in the blanks carrying 1 marks
1) If the edges of a cube are halved, then its volume become
2) For plotting a point on graph sheet, we need ______ and ______.
3) ---- is the co-ordinates of origin.
4) The point (0, 5) lie on--------- axis
5) The representation of statistical data by means of circle is known as ------- that is also called a----
6) A coin is tossed twice. --------- is the probability of getting both tails.
7) One card is drawn from a well shuffled deck of 52 cards. --- is the probability of getting a face
8) ------ is the maximum value of the probability for an event?
9) Two dice are thrown simultaneously. –- is the probability of getting an even number as the sum.
11. The extension in an elastic string varies directly as the weight hung on it. If a weight of 150g produces an extension of 1.8cm, what weight would produce an extension of 19.6cm?
12. A group of 120 men had provisions for 200 days. After 5 days, 30 men died due to an epidemic. How long will the remaining food lost?
13. 1200 soldiers in a fort had enough food for 28 days. After 4 days. Some soldiers were transferred to another fort and thus the food lasts for an extra 32 days. How many soldiers left the fort?
14. If 12 men or 15 woman can finish a piece of work in 66 days. How long will 2 men and 3 woman take to finish the work?
15. If 5 men or 7 women earn Rs 525 per day, how much would 7 men and 13 women earn per day?
16. In an army camp of 1400 men, these is enough food to last for 18 days if each man consumes 396g per day. How many men should leave the camp so that the same food may last for 21 days with each man having 432g per day?
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 8 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 English (Special Language) 2013-SET-3
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Sociology 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Informatics Practices 2013-SET-2
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Elective 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2005
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics 2013-SET-2
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Math For 2009
- West Bengal Board Class 11 Physics Sample Paper Of 2012
- ICSE Board Class 10 Math 2009
- CBSE Board Entrepreneurship Sample Papers for Class 12 for year 2011
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2008
- CBSE Board Class 10 Home Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies Previous Year Question Paper 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Chemistry 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Accountancy 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2008
- ICSE Board Class 12 Psychology
- Haryana Board Class 10 Physical Education
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 10 Math
- ICSE Board Class 10 Home Science
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Gujarati
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Syllabus of Chemistry
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Fashion Studies
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Scouting & guide
- West Bengal Board Class 10 Syllabus For Math
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Sociology