CBSE Board Class 8 Math Sample Papers 2007
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2007 for Class 8 Math
CLASS 8 MATHS
1. The parallel sides of a trapezium are 25 cm and 11 cm, while its non parallel sides are 15cm and
13cm. find the area of the trapezium.
2. The parallel sides of a trapezium are 78 cm and 52 cm, while its non parallel sides are 28cm and
30cm. find the area of the trapezium.
3. The parallel sides of a trapezium are 12cm and 36cm respectively. Its non parallel sides are each equal to 15cm. Find the area of the trapezium.
1. Verify Euler’s formula for a) Square pyramid b) Pentagonal prism c) tetrahedron
2. The area of a rhombus is equal to the area of a triangle whose base and the corresponding altitude
are 24.8 cm and 16.5 cm respectively. If one of the diagonal of the rhombus is 22 cm, find the length of the other diagonal.
3. The floor of a rectangular hall has a perimeter 250m. If the cost of paining the four walls at the
rate of Rs 10 per m2 is Rs 1500. Find the height of the hall. Ans: 3/5 m = 0.6m
4. A room is half as long again as it is broad. The cost of carpeting the room at Rs 3.25 per m2 is Rs 175.50 and the cost of papering the walls at Rs 1.40 per m2 is Rs 240.80. If 1 door and 2 windows occupy 8m2, find the dimensions of the room.
5. A river 2m deep and 45m wide is flowing at the rate of 3 km per hour. Find the volume of water that runs into the sea per minute.
6. A closed cylinder has diameter 8cm and height 10cm. Find its total surface area and volume.
7. The volume of a metallic cylinder pipe is 748cm3 . Its length is 14 cm and external diameter 18cm. Find its thickness.
8. A cylindrical bucket, 28cm in diameter 72cm high is full of water. The water is emptied into a rectangular tank, 66cm long and 28cm wide. Find the height of the water level in the tank.
9. A cylindrical tube, open at both ends, is made of metal. The internal diameter of the tube is 10.4cm and its length is 25cm. The thickness of the metal is 8mm everywhere. Calculate the volume of the metal.
10. The difference between outside and inside surface of a cylindrical metallic pipe 14cm long is 44cm2 . If the pipe is made of 99 cm3 . Find the outside and inner radii of the pipe.
Volume and surface area.
1. A hollow cylindrical pipe is 21 dm long. Its outer and inner diameters are 10cm and 6cm respectively. Find the volume of copper used in making the pipe.
2. The height of a right circular cylinder is 10.5m. Three times the sum of the areas of its two circular faces is twice the area of the curved surface. Find the volume of the cylinder.
3. The circumference of the base of a 10m high conical tent is 44m. Calculate the length of canvas used in making the tent if width of canvas is 2m.
4. The radius and height of a cone are in the ratio 4:3 the area of the base is 154cm2. find the area of
the curved surface.
5. The volume of a metallic cylindrical pipe is 748cm3 . Its length is 14 cm and its external radius is 9 cm. Find its thickness.
6. A well of inner diameter 14m is dug to a depth of 15m. Earth taken out of it has been evenly spread all around it to a width of 7m to form an embankment. Find the height of the embankment.
7. A cloth having an area of 165m is shaped into a cylindrical tent of radius 5m. How many students can sit in the tent if a student occupies 5/7 m2 ? Find the volume of air for each student.
8. The difference between inside and outside surfaces of cylindrical tube 14cm long is 88 sq.cm. If the volume of the tube is 176 cubic cm. find the inner and outer radii of the tube.
9. The area of three adjacent faces of a cuboidal box are 120cm2, 72cm2 and 60cm2 respectively. Find the volume of the box.
10. The total surface area of a hollow cylinder which is open from both sides is 4620cm2, area of base ring is 15.5cm2 and height 7cm. Find the thickness of the cylinder.
RATIO AND PROPOTION
1. The extension in an elastic string varies directly as the weight hung on it. If a weight of 150g produces an extension of 2.8cm, what weight would produce an extension of 19.6cm?
2. A group of 120 men had provisions for 200 days. After 5 days, 30 men died due to an epidemic. How long will the remaining food lost?
3. 1200 soldiers in a fort had enough food for 28 days. After 4 days. Some soldiers were transferred to another fort and thus the food lasts for an extra 32 days. How many soldiers left the fort?
4. If 12 men or 15 woman can finish a piece of work in 66 days. How long will 2 men and 3 woman take to finish the work?
5. If 5 men or 7 women earn Rs 525 per day, how much would 7 men and 13 women earn per day?
6. In an army camp of 1400 men, these is enough food to last for 18 days if each man consumes 396g per day. How many men should leave the camp so that the same food may last for 21 days with each man having 432g per day?
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 8 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 8 Math 2008
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 English (Special Language) 2013
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Biology For 2008
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Economics 2013-SET-3
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 English Literature 2009
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Biology 2009
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Math 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Crop Production 2013
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2011
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2011
- ICSE Board Class 10 Biology 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Accountancy 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2007
- CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2005
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Biology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Drawing
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Business Studies
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Oriya
- ICSE Board Class 11 Computer Science
- ICSE Board Class 12 Math
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Sindhi
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Biotechnology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Tamil(special)