CBSE Board Class 12 Math Previous Year Question Papers 2008
CBSE Board Previous Year Question Papers 2008 for Class 12 Math
Class – XII
Subject – MATHEMATICS
Time : 3 hrs Max. Marks : 100
SECTION – A
1. Show that the binary operation defined by a*b = ab + 1 on Q is commutative.
2. Solve : tan-12x + tan-13x = π/4.
3. Find a matrix X such that B – 2A + X = O, where A =.
4. If A is a square matrix of order 3 such that = 64, find.
5. Construct a 2 2 matrix whose elements are given by: =.
6. The Cartesian equation of a line AB is. Find the direction cosines of a line parallel to AB.
7. If, find a unit vector parallel to the vector
8. Given that A = and B = find AB. Hence using this product solve the system of equations : x – y + z = 4, x – 2y – 2z = 9, 2x + y + 3z = 1
Using elementary row transformation, find the inverse of the matrix.
9. Show that a right circular cylinder, which is open at the top and has a given surface area, will have the greatest volume if its height is equal to the radius of its base.
Prove that the volume of the largest cone that can be inscribed in a sphere of radius R is 8/27 of the volume of the sphere.
10. Evaluate: dx.
11. Using the method of integration, find the area of the region bounded by the lines
2x + y = 4, 3x – 2y = 6 and x – 3y + 5 = 0.
Make a rough sketch of the region given below and find the area using the method of integration :
12. Find the image of the point (1, 2, 3) in the plane x + 2y + 4z = 38. Also find the perpendicular distance from the point to the plane.
A line makes angles α, β, γ and δ with the diagonals of a cube, prove that cos2α + cos2β + cos2γ + cos2δ = 4/3
13. An aeroplane can carry a maximum of 200 passengers. A profit of Rs. 400 is made on each first class ticket and a profit of Rs. 300 is made on each economy class ticket. The airline reserves at least 20 seats for first class. However, at least 4 times as many passengers prefer to travel by economy class to by the first class. Determine how many of each type ticket must be sold in order to maximize the profit for the airline. What is the maximum profit? Frame an L.P.P and solve it graphically.
14. In a bolt factory, machines A, B and C, manufacture respectively 25%, 35%, 40% of the total bolts. Of their output 5%, 4% & 2% respectively are defective bolts. A bolt is drawn at random and is found to be defective. Find the probability that it is manufactured by machine B.
Q.15Find the slope of the tangent to the curve 3 ,8 2 2 5
2 2 x = t + t − y = t − t − at the point.(2, -1)
Q.16 .If a i j k b i j k ˆ ˆ , ˆ 2 ˆ = 2ˆ + 2 ˆ + 3 = − + + r r and c i j = 3ˆ + ˆ r are such that a br r + λ is perpendicular to c r , then find the value of λ .
Q.17If f : R→ R be defined as f(x) =,93 x + 7then find ( ).
Q.18 Find values of k if area of triangle is 4 square units and vertices are
(k,0),(4,0),(0,2). Ans k=0,8
Q.19 The number of all possible matrices of order 3× 3 with each entry 0 or 1 .
Q.20 Write the total number of binary operation on a set consisting of n
Q.21 If the points (1, 1, p) and (-3, 0, 1) be equidistant from the plane
( ) 13 ,0ˆ r 3. i ˆ + 4 ˆ j −12k + = r then find the value of p.
Q.22 A toy manufacturers produce two types of dolls ; a basic version doll A and deluxe version doll B. Each doll of type B takes twice as long to produce as one doll of type A . The company have time to make a maximum of 2000 , dolls of type A per day , the supply of plastic is sufficient to produce 1500 dolls per day and each type requires equal amount of it .The deluxe version i.e. type B requires a fancy dress of which there are only 600 per day available . If the company makes profitof 3 and 5 per doll respectively on doll A and B , how many of each should be produced weekly in order to maximize the profit ? Solve it by graphical method
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Previous Year Question Paper for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 English (Special Language) 2013-SET-2
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biotechnology 2009
- Tamilnadu Board Class 10 English Core Sample Papers 2012
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2009
- CBSE Board Political Science Sample Papers for Class 10 for year 2011 2011
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 History 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2010
- West Bengal Board Class 12 Economics Sample Paper Of 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Business Studies 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Physics For 2007
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Elective 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Entrepreneurship 2007
- CBSE Board 12th Class History Previous Year Question Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2010
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Home Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 English (Special Language)
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Kannada
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Animal Husbandry
- CBSE Board 10th Mathematics Syllabus
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Socially Useful Productive Work
- CBSE Board Class 6 Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 English Literature
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Urdu Core
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Fine Arts