CBSE Board Class 11 Math Sample Papers 2005
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2005 for Class 11 Math
Sample Paper – 2005
Class – XI
Subject – Mathematics
TIME ALLOWED:3 HRS M.M.: 100
All questions are compulsory.
Section A consists of ten questions of 1 mark each.
Section B consists of twelve questions of 4 marks each.
Section C consists of seven questions of 6 marks each.
Use of calculators is not permitted. However you may ask for logarithimic tables if required.
No step marking for 1 mark questions of Section A.
Question 1: If D,G and R denote respectively the number of degrees, grades and radians in an angle, then find the value of D/100 in grades and in radians.
Question 2: Find the value of sin (-11/3).
Question 3: Find the value of (1+i) (1+i2) (1+i3) (1+i4).
Question 4: If 22Pr+1: 20Pr+2=11:52, find the value of r.
Question 5: Find the sum of the following series.
(a2-b2),(a-b),(a-b/a+b),……..to n terms.
Question 6: Write down the equation of a line parallel to y-axis at a distance of 5 units on the left hand side of it.
Question 7: Evaluate: lim x√x-a√a
Question 8: If y=1+ x + x2+ x3 +……..,show that dy = y.
1! 2! 3! dx
Question 9: Sample A has a mean bursting pressure of 21 kg and S.D. 4.87. Sample B has mean bursting pressure of 21.81 kg and S.D. 7.07.Which sample has the highest average bursting pressure? Which has more uniform pressure?
Question10: Three dice are thrown together. Find the probability of getting a total of at least 6.
Question 11: If tan θ =√1-e tan, then find the value of cos in terms of θ and e.
Question 12: Find all non-zero complex number z satisfying z =iz2.
Question 13: Solve: | x+3 | + x > 1.
Question 14: How many five-letter words can be formed using the letter of the word ‘INEFFECTIVE’?
Question 15: If a1,a2,a3,a4 be the coefficients of four consecutive terms in the expansion of (1+x)n, then prove that : a1 + a3 = 2 a2
a1 +a2 a3 + a4 a2 + a3
Question 16: In an increasing G.P., the sum of the first and the last term is 66, the product of the second and the last but one is 128 and the sum of the terms is 126. How many terms are there in the progression?
Question 17: One side of a square makes an angle θ with x-axis and one vertex of the square is at the origin. Prove that the equations of its diagonals are x(sinθ+cosθ)=y(cosθ-sinθ) and
x(cosθ-sinθ) + y(sinθ+cosθ)=a, where a is the length of the side of the square.
Question 18: Find the equation of a circle which passes through the point (2,0) and whose centre is the limit of the point of intersection of the lines 3x+5y=1 and (2+c)x+5c2y=1 as c→1.
Question 19: If b,c,d be the ordinates of a vertices of the triangle inscribed in a parabola y2=4ax, then show that the area of the triangle is 1 |(b-c) (c-d) (d-b)|.
Question 20: Evaluate the following limit:
lim (x+y) sec(x+y) – xsecx
Question 21: Find the derivative of 3√sin x by first principle.
Question 22: Five persons entered the lift cabin on the ground floor of an 8-floor house. Suppose that each of them independently and with equal probability can leave the cabin at any floor beginning with the first. Find out the probability of all five persons leaving at different doors .
Question 23: In a survey of 25 students, it was found that 15 had taken mathematics, 12 had taken Physics and 11 had taken Chemistry, 5 had taken Mathematics and Chemistry, 9 had taken Mathematics and Physics, 4 had taken Physics and Chemistry and 3 had taken all the three subjects. Using the properties of sets find the number of students that had:
(iv)Physics and Chemistry but not Mathematics.
(v)Mathematics and Physics but not Chemistry.
(vi)only one of the subjects.
Question 24: (i) The sum of n, 2n, 3n terms of an A.P. are S1,S2,S3 respectively. Prove
that: S3= 3 ( S2- S1)
(ii) The mid-points of the sides of a triangle are (1,5,-1) , (0,4,-2) and
(2,3,4). Find its vertices.
Question 25: If sin (θ) = 1-m , then find the value of tan (4- θ) tan (4).
cos (θ) 1+m
Question 26: Find the sum of first n terms of the following series:
(i) 5+11+19+29+41+……. (ii) 5+7+13+31+85+……
Question 27: Suppose that samples of tyres from two manufactures, A and B, are tested by a prospective buyer for bursting pressure, with the following results:
Which set of tyres has the highest average bursting pressure? Which has more uniform pressure?
Question 28: Find the equation of the ellipse whose axes are parallel to the coordinare axis having its centre at the point (2,3) one focus at (3,-3) and one vertex at (4,-3).
Question 29: (i) Prove that: 2.7n + 3.5n – 5 is divisible by 24 using P.M.I. for all n € N.
(ii) Find the domain and range of the function given by: f(x) = 1- |x-3|.
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 11 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Psychology Sample Papers for Class 10 for year 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Sanskrit 2013 SET-3
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Home Management, Nutrition & Textile 2013
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2008
- Bihar Board Class 12 Home Science 2010
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Math 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2008
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Elective 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science Previous Year Question Paper 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2010
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Chemistry Previous Year Question paper of 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Chemistry 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Hindi
- Haryana Board Class 12 Economics
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Syllabus of Botany
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Biology
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Psychology
- Rajasthan Board Class 10 English Core
- Haryana Board Class 10 Home Science
- Manipur Board Class 9 Tangkhul
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics
- Haryana Board Class 12 Marketing & Salesmanship