CBSE Board Class 10 Math Sample Papers 2011
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2011 for Class 10 Math
Class – X
Subject – Mathematics
Time : 3hrs Marks : 80
General Instructions :
1. All questions are compulsory.
2. The questions paper consists of 34 questions divided into four sections A,B,C and D.
Section – A comprises of 10 questions of 1 mark each, Section – B comprises of 8 questions of 2 marks each, Section – C comprises of 10 questions of 3 marks each and Section – D comprises of 6 questions of 4 marks each.
3. Question numbers 1 to 10 in Section – A are multiple choice questions where you are to select one correct option out of the given four.
4. There is no overall choice. However, internal choice has been provided in 1 question of two marks, 3 questions of three marks each and 2 questions of four marks each. You have to attempt only one of the alternative in all such questions.
5. Use of calculator is not permitted.
6. An additional 15 minutes time has been allotted to read this question paper only.
SECTION – A
Choose the correct answer 10x1=10M
1. The difference between the circumference and the radius of a circle is 37cm. The area of the circle is
A) 149 cm2 B) 154 cm2 C) 12cm2 D) 169cm2
2. The area of quadrant of a circle whose circumference is 44cm is
A) 77cm2 B) 38.5cm2 C) 19.25cm2 D) 35.5cm
3. A 4cm side cube is cut into 1cm side cubes, then total surface area of all the small cubes is
A) 64cm2 B) 96cm2 C) 384cm2 D) 216cm2
4. The radii of two cylinders are in the ratio 2:3 and their heights are in the ratio 5:3. The ratio of their volumes is
A) 3:4 B) 5:3 C) 27:20 D) 20:27
5. When we lower, our head to look at the object, the angle formed by the line of sight with the horizontal is known as
A) obtuse angle B) angle of elevation C) angle of depression D) acute angle
6. If the distance between the points (8,p) and (4,3) is 5 then value of p is
A) 6 B) 0 C) both A and B D) none of these
7. The number of real roots of the equation is
A) 2 B) 1 C) 0 D)
8. The probability of getting a bad egg in a lot of 400 is 0.035. Then the number of bad eggs
A) 7 B) 14 C) 21 D) 28
9. Two APs have the same common difference. The first term of one of these is -1 and that of the other is -8. Then the difference between their 4th terms is
A) -1 B) -8 C) 7 D) -9
10. Number of tangents that can be drawn through a point which is outside the circle is [ ]
A) 3 B) 2 C) 1 D) 0
SECTION – B
Answer the following
11. The perimeter of a sectors of a circle of radius 5.2 cm is 16.4 cm. Find the area of the sector
12. A child has a die whose six faces shows.
A B C D E A
The die is thrown once. What is the probability of getting i) A ? ii) D?
13. Find the area of the triangle whose vertices are (-5,-1), (3,-5), (5,2).
14. Find the number of terms of the AP54, 51, 48, ……. so that their sum is 513.
15. Two cubes have their volume in the ratio 1:64. What is the ratio of their surface areas?
16. Two concentric circles are of radii 5 cm and 3cm. Find out the length of the chord of larger circle which touches the smaller circle.
Prove that the tangent to the circumcircle of an isosceles triangle ABC at a in which AB=AC, is parallel to BC.
17. A tower is 50m high. Its shadow is x m shorter, when sun’s altitude is 450 than when it is 300 find ‘x’ correct to the nearest cm.
18. “Length of field is triple of its breadth and its area is 300m2”. Form a quadratic equation for the above situation.
SECTION – C
Answer the following 10x3=30M
19. A medicine capsule is in the shape of a cylinder with two hemispheres stuck to each of its ends. The length of the entire capsule is 14 mm and the diameter of the capsule is 5mm. Find its surface 1area.
20. Find the vales of a and b, if the sum and the product of the roots of the equation 4ax2+4bx+3=0 are ½ and 3/16 respectively.
21. Find the points on the x-axis which are at a distance of form the point (7,-4). How many such points are there?
22. One card is drawn from well-shuffied deck of 52 cards. Find the probability of getting
i) a king of red colur ii) a face card iii) a red face card
iv) the jack of hearts v) a spade vi) the queen of diamonds
23. Draw a right triangle in which the sides (other than hypotenuse) are of lengths 4cm and 3cm. Then construct another triangle whose sides are times the corresponding sides of the given triangle.
24. The sum of the square of two consecutive odd numbers is 394. Find the numbers.
The sum of first six terms of an AP is 42. The ratio of its 10th term to its 30th term is 1:3. Calculate the first and thirteenth term of the AP.
25. A(6,1), B(8,2) and C(9,4) are three vertices of a parallelogram ABCD. If E is the mid-point of DC, find the area of ?ADE.
26. Sides of a triangular field are 15m, 16m and 17m. With the three corners of field a cow, a buffalo and a horse are tied separately with ropes of length 7 m each to graze in the field. Find the area of field which cannot be grazed by the three animals.
In the fig ABC is a quadrant of circle of radius 14cm and a semi-circle is drawn with BC as diameter. Find the area of the shaded region.
27. A statue 1.46m tall stand on the top of a pedestal. From a point on the ground, the angle of elevation of the top of the status is 600 and from the same point, the angle of elevation of the top of the pedestal is 450. Find the height of the pedestal.
28. A takes 10days less than the time taken by B to finish a piece of work. If both A and B together can finish the work in 12 days, find the time taken by B to finish the work.
SECTION – D
Answer the following 6x4=24M
29. If the angle of elevation of a cloud from a point h metres above a lake is ? and the angle of depression of its reflection in the lake is ?, prove that the distance of the cloud form the point of observation is .
30. A spiral is made up of successive semicircles, with centres alternately at A and B, starting with centre at A and B, starting with centre at A, of radii 0.5 cm, 1.0 cm, 1.0 cm, 1.5 cm, 2.0 cm. What is the total length or such a spiral made up of thirteen consecutive semicircles? (Take ? = 22/7)
31. A cone of radius 10cm is divided into two parts by drawing a plane through the midpoint of its axis, parallel to its base. Compare the volumes of the two parts.
32.One pipe can fill a tank in (x-2) hours and the other pipe can empty the full tank in (x+2) hours. If the tank is empty and both the pipes are opened together, the tank is filled completely in 24 hours. Find how much time will the second pipe take to empty the tank?
33. From a solid cylinder whose height is 2.4cm and diameter 1.4cm, a conical cavity of the same height and same diameter is hollowed out. Find the total surface area of the remaining solid to the nearest cm2
34. Prove that opposite sides of a quadrilateral circumscribing a circle subtend supplementary angles at the centre of the circle.
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 10 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Hindi (Special Language) 2013
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Economics 2013-SET-2
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Physical Education 2009
- Bihar Board Class 11 Entrepreneurship 2009
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Crop Production 2013-SET-3
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology 2009
- CBSE Board Class 9 Social Science 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Math 2013-SET-3
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2009
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Accountancy 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 History 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2008
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Political Science
- CBSE Board 12th Sociology Syllabus
- ICSE Board Class 11 Computer Science
- Haryana Board Class 12 Percussion
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Telugu(Special)
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 French
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Punjabi
- CBSE Board Class 9 Syllabus For English Core
- Manipur Board Class 9 Hmar
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Urdu Core