CBSE Board Class 10 Math Previous Year Question Papers 2007
CBSE Board Previous Year Question Papers 2007 for Class 10 Math
Questions number 1 to 7 carry 2 marks each.
1. Find the GCD of the following polynomials :
12x 4 + 324x ; 36x 3 + 90x 2 — 54x
2. Solve for x and y : 31x + 29y = 33, 29x + 31y = 27
3. Find the sum of all three digit whole numbers which are multiples of 7.
4. In Figure 1, PQ | | AB and PR | | AC. Prove that QR | | BC. ABC touches its sides AB, BC and CA at D, E and F respectively. If AB = AC, prove that BE = EC.
5. If the mean of the following frequency distribution is 49, find the missing frequency p :
0 - 20 2
20 - 40 6
40 - 60 p
60 - 80 5
80 - 100 2
6. A wrist-watch is available for Rs. 1,000 cash or Rs. 500 as cash down payment followed by three equal monthly instalments of Rs. 180. Calculate the rate of interest charged under the instalment plan.
7. An unbiased die is tossed once. Find the probability of getting
(i) a multiple of 2 or 3.
(ii) a prime number greater than 2.
Questions number 8 to 19 carry 3 marks each.
8. Solve the following system of equations graphically :
2x + y = 8; x + 1 = 2y
9. Simplify the following rational expression in the lowest terms :
10. If the sum to first n terms of an A.P. is given by S n = n (n + 1), find the 20 th term of the A.P.
11. In a cyclic quadrilateral ABCD, diagonal AC bisects C. Prove that the tangent to the circle at A is parallel to the diagonal BD.
12. Construct a ABC in which base BC = 6 cm, B = 45° and C = 60°. Draw a circumcircle of ABC.
13. The diameter of a solid copper sphere is 18 cm. It is melted and drawn into a wire of uniform cross-section. If the length of the wire is 108 m, find its diameter.
14. The expenditure (in rupees) of a family for a month is as follows : Item Rent Food Education Electricity and Water Others
Expenditure 800 3000 1200 400 1800 Represent the above data by a pie-chart.
15. From a pack of 52 cards, red face cards are removed. After that a card is drawn at random from the pack. Find the probability that the card drawn is
(i) a queen.
(ii) a red card.
(iii) a spade card.
16. Prove that :
If A, B and C are the interior angles of a triangle ABC, show that
17. The coordinates of the mid-points of the sides of a triangle are (4, 3), (6, 0) and (7, —2). Find the coordinates of the centroid of the triangle.
18. If the distance of P (x, y) from two points with coordinates (5, 1) and (—1, 5) is equal, prove that 3x = 2y.
19. A loan of Rs. 24,600 is to be paid back in two equal semi-annual instalments. If the interest is charged at 10% per annum, compounded semi-annually, find the instalment.
Questions number 20 to 25 carry 5 marks each.
20. Prove that the angle subtended by an arc at the centre is double the angle subtended by it at any point on the remaining part of the circle. Using the above, prove the following : O is the centre of the circle. If BAO = 30° and BCO = 40°, find the value of AOC.
21. State and prove Pythagoras theorem. Use the above to prove the following : ABC is an isosceles right triangle, right angled at C. Prove that AB 2 = 2AC 2
22. The side of a square exceeds the side of another square by 4 cm and the sum of areas of two squares is 400 sq. cm. Find the dimension of the squares. A fast train takes 3 hours less than a slow train for a journey of 600 km. If the speed of the slow train is 10 km/hour less than that of the fast train, find the speeds of the
23. A hollow copper sphere of external and internal diameter 8 cm and 4 cm respectively is melted into a solid cone of base diameter 8 cm. Find the height of the cone. If the radii of the circular ends of a bucket 45 cm high, are 28 cm and 7 cm, find the
capacity and surface area of the bucket.
24. An observer in a lighthouse observes two ships on the same side of the lighthouse, and in the same straight line with the base of the lighthouse. The angles of depression of the ships approaching it are 30° and 60°. If the height of the lighthouse is 150 m, find the distance between the ships.
25. Satish (aged 67 years) has monthly income of Rs. 30,000 (excluding HRA). He donates Rs. 80,000 to a charitable orphanage (50% exemption). He contributes Rs. 30,000 towards Public Provident Fund and purchases NSCs worth Rs. 20,000. He pays Rs. 1,500 as income tax per month for 11 months. Calculate the income tax to be paid by him in the
12 th month of the year.
Use the following to calculate income tax :
(a) Savings 100% exemption for permissible savings upto Rs. 1,00,000
(b) Rates of Income tax for Senior Citizens (over 65 years)NSlab Income tax
(i) Upto Rs. 1,85,000 No tax
(ii) From Rs. 1,85,001 to Rs. 2,50,000 20% of the taxable income exceeding Rs. 1,85,000
(iii) From Rs. 2,50,001 and above Rs. 13,000 + 30% of the taxamble exceeding Rs. 2,50,000
(c) Education Cess 2% of Income tax payable30/2/1 11 P.T.O.
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Previous Year Question Paper for class 10 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Accountancy 2009
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Chemistry 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2009
- Tamilnadu Board Class 10 Science Sample Paper Of 2011
- Gujarat Board Class 9 Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 History 2010
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Math 2008
- CBSE Board Class 8 Math 2008
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Hindi 2013-SET-3
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Entrepreneurship 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2009
- CBSE Board 12 Biology Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English 2009
- Karnataka Board Class 10 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2009
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Sindhi
- West Bengal Board Class 12 Syllabus For Accountancy
- West Bengal Board Class 10 Syllabus Of Science
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Music (Hindustani Vocal)
- Gujarat Board Class 9 Math
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Punjabi (Special)
- Haryana Board Class 12 Percussion
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Gujarati
- CBSE Board Class 11 Psychology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Telugu(Special)