CBSE Board Class 10 Home Science Sample Papers 2011
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2011 for Class 10 Home Science
Time : 3 hours Maximum Marks : 80
All questions are compulsory
There are 36 questions in all. Question nos. 1 to 10 carry one mark each (MCQ) where one correct option is to be marked, question nos. 11 to 22 carry 2 marks each and have to be answered in 10-20 words, question nos. 23 to 32 carry 3 marks each and have to be answered in 20-30 words and question nos. 33 to 36 carry 4 marks each and have to be answered in 30-50 words.
* Support your answer with suitable examples wherever required.
Following are incomplete statements. Four alternatives are given at the end of each statement Choose the correct alternative to complete the respective statement
Q1. A child starts recognizing familiar faces and responding with a smile at the age of
a. three months
b. five months
c. six months
d. seven months
Q2. Nine month old Raghu is hungry. He will express his need by
a. babbling and pointing towards milk bottle.
b. crying and hitting
c. crying and babbling
d. saying,’want milk’and crying
Q3. Deficiency of carbohydrates leads to
a. beri- beri
Q4. Iodine deficiency leads to:
a. yellow nails and tenderness of limbs
b. growth and brain retardation
c. tenderness of limbs and growth retardation
d. bow legs and growth retardation
Q5. A family is served dahi bhallaand pea pulao. Food group which is missing from this meal is:
Q6: A sedentary adult women requires
a. 1875 calories
b. 2225 calories
c. 2300 calories
d. 1600 calories
Q7. Play is all except
a. an interesting activity
c. non- spontaneous
Q8. To make your kitchen insect free you should
a. keep windows closed
b. put cockroach traps on drains
c. spray insect repellent once in two years
d. keep covered dustbins.
Q9. While storing eggs one should
a. store with pointed tip downwards
b. store with pointed tip upwards
c. keep them in the freezer
d. always wash them
Q10. Spices get infested most easily
a. in rains
b. in summer
c. in winter
d. any time of the year.
Q11. Achild is sitting without support. Trace his motor development in the next three months. Q12. How are babbling and gestures important for normal language development of children?
Q13. Justify with one example each how children’s play is passive and exploratory.
Q14. Suggest to your friend a suitable toy for her one year old niece and give reason for your choice.
Q15. Suggest one cheap source each of calcium, protein, vitamin Aand vitamin C.
Q16. Name the nutrient that can help Raju to get over the problem of bleeding gums. List one more symptom of this problem and state how this nutrient helps?
Q17. Specify four symptoms which can help you recognize that a person is suffering from vitamin B2 deficiency.
Q18. Why is it important to include fats in your diet?
Q19. Explain to Rinky the need for storing milk properly and give two suggestions to do the same.
Q20. Write the ideal conditions of storing pulses and onions for long time.
Q21. Mention four indicators to check normal social development of children from 8 months to one year.
Q22. Suggest four activities which will help one year old Rosy to improve her hand and eye coordination.
Q23. A child’s development follows the cephalo-caudal and proximo distal principles of development. Explain these with the help of an example each.
Q24. Two years old Chintu is stamping his foot and screaming. Identify the emotion he is expressing. Mention three reasons for this emotion and two other ways of its expression.
Q25. What is active play? Justify that it can be both natural and serious.
Q26. Suggest three important points for good physical development of a three year old child. Why are these important?
Q27. Give Sudha three tips to enhance nutrients in the lunch she is cooking for the family.
Q28. Enumerate six habits of people which lead to destruction of nutrients while cooking cereals, pulses and green leafy vegetables.
Q29. Explain to Disha why iron is required in her child’s meals. Suggest some good sources of iron and some suitable snacks rich in iron.
Q30. Why is it important for the family to plan meals?
Q31. In a mid day meal program children were served chicken curry with basmatirice and pineapple
raita. Bring down the cost of this meal by substituting different food items. Present at least two suggestions in each category.
Q32. What are six common unhygienic practices adopted by food vendors?
Q33. Rita is 10 months old. Suggest four ways each through which her social and emotional needs are met.
Q34. Which eight points would you keep in mind while selecting toys for a two years old child?
Q35. Ramu, who is vegetarian, does not like to include milk products and pulses in his meals. Nametwo nutrients which may be deficient in his diet? State the importance of these nutrients.
Q36. Mr. Sharma works in a coal mine. He lives in a hilly area with his wife who is expecting their second child. Elaborate any eight factors, which would influence the meal planning of this family.
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 10 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Hindi 2013-SET-4
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2010
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 English Elective Sample Paper 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2009
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 English (Special Language) 2013-SET-4
- Tamilnadu Board Class 10 Social Science Sample Paper Of 2012
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Anatomy Physiology and Health 2013-SET-2
- ICSE Board Class 10 Home Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2010
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 9 Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Computer Science 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Computer Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2009
- Manipur Board Class 9 Paite
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Physics
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Biotechnology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Environmental Studies
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Business Studies
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Russian
- ICSE Board Class 10 Home Science
- UP Board Class 12 English
- Rajasthan Board Class 9 Math Syllabus
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Book keeping & Accountancy