CBSE Board Class 10 Home Science Sample Papers 2010
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2010 for Class 10 Home Science
TIME : 3 Hrs
MM : 80.
1All questions are compulsory
2There are 37 questions in all, question nos. 1 to 11 carry 01 mark each (multiple choice), one
correct option has to be chosen, question nos 12 to 24 carry 02 marks each to be answered in
10-20 words, question nos. 25 to 33 carry 3 marks each to be answered in
20-40 words and question nos. 34 to 37 carry 04 marks each to be answered in 40-100
3Support your answer with suitable examples wherever required.
4Following are incomplete statements. Four alternatives are given at the end of each
statement. Choose the correct alternative to complete the respective statement.
1.Resources like buses and, schools are classified as
a) material resources
b) psychological resources
Psychic income means
Investment is when you
a) save money every month
b) put money in piggy bank
c) earn interest on your savings
d) put money in bank locker
4.Expenditure of a family is influenced by
a) status of the family
b) locality in which the family lives
5.size of the family
all the above
Personal resources are all but
a) abilities and time
b) knowledge and skills
6.skills and time
energy and money
To prevent being overcharged you should adopt the following
a) buy standardized products
b) buy from reputed shops
Silk can get damaged by
a) silver fish and perspiration
b) carpet beetles and mildew
8.perspiration and carpet beetles.
mildew and silver fish
On a care label of a garment, a circle enclosed in a square will represent the following
a) tumble dry
b) dry clean with special care
machine wash only.
Coffee stains are removed by using
b) turpentine oil
Hot water is never used to remove stains of
b) ball point
In suction washing dirt is removed by
a) creating vacuum
b) using brush
12. Identify four characteristics which will establish a skill as a resource.
13. Rita earns Rs.4000/- per month. Convince her to save rupees two hundred every month,
14. Mr. Bhatia lives in a city with his wife. Suggest to them two ways each to increase their real
and money income.
15. Give two reasons why you have to be alert even when purchasing something from a reliable
shop. While purchasing quality stuff what two other important points you must remember?
16. Identify four ways in which packages can mislead the consumers.
17. Write four points you will keep in mind to get best results from the cleaning agents used for
18. Your sister is putting away her cotton saris for winters. What four point you will tell her for their
appropriate storage to avoid any damage.
19. What four suggestions would you give to your sister while starching clothes?
20. What four important preparations you would require before washing your clothes?
21. You found patches on your white shirt after it was treated with blue. Give four reasons for
22. You are making a care label for a coloured gent's cotton shirt. Illustrate one way each to
give instructions of bleaching , washing, ironing and drying.
23. Present four points for examining the quality of lining in a readymade coat?
24. How will you judge the drape of a stitched garment? Write two reasons for getting a wrong
drape in it.
25. Why is conserving of energy important while preparing food? Suggest four ways to conserve
your energy while preparing food.
26. Make a checklist of six factors which influence the income of a family.
27. How will you make sure that the vegetable vendor does not weigh less than what you have
28. What are six common malpractices a cloth merchant generally adopts to deceive the
29. Seema is not happy with the placket of her tailor made blouse. What could be six
reasons for her dissatisfaction?
30 . Give six indicators to recognize a good seam .
31. Mention two main ingredients used for making soap. Also list two advantages and
two disadvantages of using soap for washing cloths.
32. Why do we use kneeding and squeezing method for washing silks? Explain the method in four
33. Why are precautions necessary while washing coloured clothes? List four most important point
you will keep in mind while washing a pile of coloured clothes.
34. List four ways a library as a community resource gets misused. Suggest four ways to prevent
35. Elaborate any four problems each faced by consumers regarding prices and information of
goods they need to buy.
36. Mention four fabric related characteristics which will help in choosing the cleaning agent and
method of washing woolen articles. Educate your sister for washing her woolen sweater at
37. You are using chemicals to remove stains from your expensive dress. Make a checklist of
eight points you would remember while doing the same.
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 10 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Accountancy 2005
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 English Core 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2009
- Gujarat Board Class 10 English Core 2007
- ICSE Board Class 10 Computer Science 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Crop Production 2013-SET-3
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Informatics Practices 2013
- CBSE Board Class 10 Maths Sample Papers of 2007
- West Bengal Board Class 11 Physics Sample Paper Of 2012
- CBSE Board Class 8 Math 2008
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Home Science 2007
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Psychology 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Chemistry 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2011
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Psychology
- ICSE Board Class 12 Biology
- Rajasthan Board Class 10 Science
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Sociology
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Home Science
- ICSE Board Class 12 History
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Biology
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Fashion Studies
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Political Science
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Math