CBSE Board Class 10 Home Science Sample Papers 2009
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2009 for Class 10 Home Science
TIME : 3 Hrs MM : 80.
l All questions are compulsory
l There are 37 questions in all, question nos. 1 to 11 carry 01 mark each (multiple choice), one
correct option has to be chosen, question nos 12 to 24 carry 02 marks each to be answered in
1 0 - 2 0 w o r d s , q u e s t i o n n o s . 2 5 t o 3 3 c a r r y 3 m a r k s e a c h t o b e a n s w e r e d i n
20-40 words and question nos. 34 to 37 carry 04 marks each to be answered in 40-100
l Support your answer with suitable examples wherever required.
Following are incomplete statements. Four alternatives are given at the end of each
statement. Choose the correct alternative to complete the respective statement.
1. Resources like buses and, schools are classified as
a) human resources
b) material resources
c) psychological resources
d) shared resources
2. Psychic income means
3. Investment is when you
a) save money every month
b) put money in piggy bank
c) earn interest on your savings
d) put money in bank locker3
4. Expenditure of a family is influenced by
a) size of the family
b) status of the family
c) locality in which the family lives
d) all the above
5. Personal resources are all but
a) skills and time
b) abilities and time
c) knowledge and skills
d) energy and money
6. To prevent being overcharged you should adopt the following
a) compare prices
b) buy standardized products
c) buy from reputed shops
d) bargain prices
7. Silk can get damaged by
a) perspiration and carpet beetles.
b) silver fish and perspiration
c) carpet beetles and mildew
d) mildew and silver fish
8. On a care label of a garment, a circle enclosed in a square will represent the following
a) dry flat
b) tumble dry
c dry clean with special care
d) machine wash only.
9. Coffee stains are removed by using
a) methylated spirit
c) turpentine oil
d) oxalic acid
10. Hot water is never used to remove stains of
c) ball point
11. In suction washing dirt is removed by
a) creating vacuum
b) using brush
12. Identify four characteristics which will establish a skill as a resource.
13. Rita earns Rs.4000/- per month. Convince her to save rupees two hundred every month,
14. Mr. Bhatia lives in a city with his wife. Suggest to them two ways each to increase their real
and money income.
15. Give two reasons why you have to be alert even when purchasing something from a reliable
shop. While purchasing quality stuff what two other important points you must remember?
16. Identify four ways in which packages can mislead the consumers.
17. Write four points you will keep in mind to get best results from the cleaning agents used for
18. Your sister is putting away her cotton saris for winters. What four point you will tell her for their
appropriate storage to avoid any damage.
19. What four suggestions would you give to your sister while starching clothes?
20. What four important preparations you would require before washing your clothes?
21. You found patches on your white shirt after it was treated with blue. Give four reasons for
22. You are making a care label for a coloured gent's cotton shirt. Illustrate one way each to
give instructions of bleaching , washing, ironing and drying.
23. Present four points for examining the quality of lining in a readymade coat?
24. How will you judge the drape of a stitched garment? Write two reasons for getting a wrong
drape in it.
25. Why is conserving of energy important while preparing food? Suggest four ways to conserve
your energy while preparing food.5
26. Make a checklist of six factors which influence the income of a family.
27. How will you make sure that the vegetable vendor does not weigh less than what you have
28. What are six common malpractices a cloth merchant generally adopts to deceive the
29. Seema is not happy with the placket of her tailor made blouse. What could be six
reasons for her dissatisfaction?
30 . Give six indicators to recognize a good seam .
31. Mention two main ingredients used for making soap. Also list two advantages and
two disadvantages of using soap for washing cloths.
32. Why do we use kneeding and squeezing method for washing silks? Explain the method in four
33. Why are precautions necessary while washing coloured clothes? List four most important point
you will keep in mind while washing a pile of coloured clothes.
34. List four ways a library as a community resource gets misused. Suggest four ways to prevent
35. Elaborate any four problems each faced by consumers regarding prices and information of
goods they need to buy.
36. Mention four fabric related characteristics which will help in choosing the cleaning agent and
method of washing woolen articles. Educate your sister for washing her woolen sweater at
37. You are using chemicals to remove stains from your expensive dress. Make a checklist of
eight points you would remember while doing the same.
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 10 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Math 2013
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Chemistry 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 English Literature 2013-SET-3
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Biology 2013-SET-2
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 8 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Computer Science Sample Papers for Class 12 for year 2011
- CBSE Board Class 9 English Core 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 History 2011
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Computer Science 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2011
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Economics 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2009
- CBSE Board 12 Business Studies Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Math
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Book keeping & Accountancy
- Rajasthan Board Class 10 Math
- Haryana Board Class 8 Hindi
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Business Studies
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Business Studies
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Sociology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Math
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 National Cadet Corps (NCC)