CBSE Board Class 10 Home Science Sample Papers 2008
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2008 for Class 10 Home Science
SAMPLE PAPER 2008
TIME : 3 Hrs MM : 80.( Theory )
All questions are compulsory
There are 37 questions in all, question nos. 1 to 11 carry 01 mark each (multiple choice), one correct option has to be chosen, question nos 12 to 24 carry 02 marks each to be answered in 10-20 words, question nos. 25 to 33 carry 3 marks each to be answered in 20-40 words and question nos. 34 to 37 carry 04 marks each to be answered in 40-100 words.l Support your answer with suitable examples wherever required.
Following are incomplete statements. Four alternatives are given at the end of each statement. Choose the correct alternative to complete the respective statement.
1. Resources like skill and time are classified as
a) human resources
b) material resources
c) psychological resources
d) shared resources
2. Real income means flow of
b) goods and services
3. Money income can be increased by
a. Living in own house
b. putting money in piggy bank
c. renting renting your house
d. borrowing books from library.
4. Income of a family is influenced by
a) size of the family
b) status of the family
c) locality in which the family lives
d) stage of the family
5. Community resources are
a) skills and money
b) knowledge and skills
c) transport and material goods
d) market and hospitals
6. One should not buy from a roadside vendor as he may
a. not give you a bill
b. sell expensive goods
c. bargain prices
d. all the above
7Cotton can get damaged by
a) perspiration and carpet beetles.
b) silver fish and perspiration
c) carpet beetles and mildew
d) mildew and silver fish
8. On a care label of a garment, a circle underlined with a horizontal line will represent the following instruction
a) dry flat
b) tumble dry
c dry clean with special care
d) machine wash only.
9. Grease stains are removed by using
a) methylated spirit
d) oxalic acid
10. Hot water is used to remove stains of
c) ball point
11. Kneading and squeezing method is used to wash garments made of all but
12. List any four characteristics of energy as a resource.
13. Why is it important to keep some money aside each month?
14. Suggest two ways each to increase your family’s indirect and psychic income.
15. List any four problems faced by consumers in context to prices.
16. Identify four ways in which labels can mislead the consumers.
17. Write four points you will keep in mind while soaking clothes ?
18. list any two things each which can damage silk and cotton when stored for a long time.
19. What four instructions would you give your sister for applying blue to her white cotton sari?
20. Describe suction method of washing clothes .How is it different from friction method?
21. Your mother washes clothes once a week. On what basis should she sort these clothes before laundering ?
22. Draw symbols to indicate the size, washing, ironing and bleaching instructions for a label of a gent’s cotton shirt.
23. Rita is not satisfied with the hem of her new skirt .What could be four reasons for her dissatisfaction?
24. Suggest a suitable fabric to be worn in summers. Support your answer with any four reasons.
25. suggest any six ways your mother can save her energy while washing dishes at home.
26. Recall any six factors which can affect the expenditure of your family.
27. In what six ways can you ensure that your vegetable vendor weighs accurately?
28. What are six common malpractices a chemist generally adopts to cheat the consumers?
29. Make a checklist to evaluate that collars and pockets of a tailor-made gents’ shirt.
30 . You are satisfied with the zip provided in your new frock. Give any six reasons for your satisfaction.
31. Differentiate between a soap and detergent. Name one soap and one detergent available in the market. Which is more effective ? why?
32. Why do we not use friction method for washing silks? Describe the method used to wash it.
33. What three steps each would you adopt while storing woollen coats and silk saris ?
34. List four ways a park gets misused. Suggest four ways to prevent it.
35. You have bought a defective iron. What are your rights and responsibilities in this context?
36. You have advised your mother not to wash her woollen sweater the same way as her cotton suit. How are the steps different from each other?
37. You have some unknown stains on your expensive dress. What steps would you adopt to remove them without harming the fabric?
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 10 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biotechnology 2007
- CBSE Board Class 9 English Core Sample Paper 2012
- ICSE Board Class 10 Physics 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2008
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Economics 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Math 2013
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Physical Education 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2010
- West Bengal Board Class 12 Biology Sample Paper Of 2011
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Accountancy 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12th Accountancy Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Entrepreneurship 2008
- Gujarat Board Class 10 English Core
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Arabic
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Psychology
- West Bengal Board Class 10 Syllabus For Computer Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Kannada
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 English Literature
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Oriya
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 French
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Math
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Philosophy