CBSE Board Class 12 History Sample Papers 2009
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2009 for Class 12 History
Time: 3 Hrs. Max. Marks: 100
1. Answer all the questions. Marks are indicated against each question.
2. Answers to questions carrying 2 marks should not exceed 30 words
3. Answers to questions carrying 5 marks should not exceed 100 words.
4. Answers to questions carrying 8 marks should not exceed 250 words.
5. Attach the maps with the answer sheet.
A. MODERN INDIA
1 Why did the modern educated Indians not support the rebels in 1857? 2
2 Why were the Home Rule Leagues formed? Give any two reasons. 2
3 What were the differences in the approach and activities of the Swarajists and no changers? 2
4 Describe the major achievements of Tipu Sultan to strengthen the Mysore State. 5
5 Explain the Dual System of Administration in Bengal introduced by Lord Clive. 5
Explain the ways in which India’s wealth was drained to Britain from 1757 to 1856.:
6 What were the provisions of the Govt. of India Act of 1935. 5
7 Evaluate the role of the revolutionaries of the late 1920s in the freedom struggle of India. 5
Examine the growth of socialist ideas during the 1930s and 1940s. What was their impact
on the nationalist movement of India?
8 Critically examine the role of western thought and education in the rise of modern
Evaluate the contribution of the Moderates to the growth of Indian National movement.
What was the attitude of the Government towards them?
9 Describe the achievements of Arya Samaj in the educational, religious and social fields
in India. 8
Trace the development of religious and social reforms in western India (Any 4)6
10 ‘The uprising of 1857 was the outburst of popular discontent with the economic, social, 8
religious and political policies of the British in India’. Explain.
Explain the various purposes for which the Indian Army was used by the British colonial
rulers. Also explain the changes introduced in the Army after the Revolt of 1857.
11 When and why was the Cripps Mission sent to India? Why did it fail? Explain the major
developments that followed its failure. 1+1+2=4
Read the following passage and answer the questions that follow:-
‘I shall work for an India in which the poorest shall feel that it is their country, in whose
making they have an effective voice, an India in which there shall be no high class and
low class of people, an India in which all communities shall live in perfect harmony. . ..
(a) Explain the three social causes very close to Gandhiji’s heart.
(b) Explain Gandhiji’s programme for the economic upliftment of the common man.
(c) Why did he associate himself with the common man? 3+2+3
12 On the given outline map of India, mark and name the following five European settlements in the 18th century:
1. Chandranagore 2. Goa; 3. Fort William 5
4. Nagapatnam 5. Pondicherry.
On the given outline Map of India mark and name five Indian National Congress sessions between 1885-1907.
Note : The following question is in place of Q. No. 12 for Blind Candidates only:
Write the names of five places of European Settlement in India into 18th Century
Write any five names of the places of Indian National Congress sessions held from 1885
B. CONTEMPORARY WORLD HISTORY
13 What was the May Fourth Movement with reference to China? 2
14 What was Operation Barbarossa during Second World War? 2
15 State any two changes brought about by the Constitution of 1947 in Japan. 2
16 Mention any two features of the Second Industrial Revolution. 2
Mention any two characteristic features of the Bengal School of Art.7
17 State any two ways in which development in science and technology has improved food
production and distribution in India. 2
Mention any two changes in African Literature after the independence of the African
18 State any two effects in the use of automobiles in the field of transport system. 2
Mention two international news agencies which control the bulk of news collection and
dissemination in the world.
19 Explain the events in the Balkan region that created conditions of war in the early 20th
Explain the difficulties faced by historians in writing contemporary History.
20 Explain the foreign policy of Soviet Union in the Khrushchev era. 5
21 USA faced economic depression of 1929 inspite of unprecedented growth in economy.
Analyze the factors responsible for it. 5
‘The growth of Fascism was a calamity not only for Europe but for the entire world.’
Justify the statement by giving arguments.
22 Explain the factors that brought about the collapse of imperialism in the post Second
World War period. 8
Explain the reasons for the collapse of Communism in the Soviet Union. What was its
23 On the outline map of Europe mark and name three countries occupied by Germany and
two neutral countries during the Second World War. 5
On the outline Map of Africa name and mark five countries that became independent in
the Africa year.
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Social Science 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Accountancy 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Hindi (Special Language) 2013-SET-4
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics 2005
- CBSE Board Class 10 Sample Paper of Math For 2007
- Tamilnadu Board Class 10 Science Sample Paper Of 2011
- CBSE Board Psychology Sample Papers for Class 12 for year 2011
- Bihar Board Class 11 Physics 2009
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Chemistry 2013-SET-4
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies Previous Year Question Paper 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Computer Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Environmental Studies
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Music (Hindustani Vocal)
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 English (Special Language)
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Environmental Studies
- Maharashtra Board Class 11 Biology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 National Cadet Corps (NCC)
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Music (Hindustani Vocal)
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Telugu
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Physical Education