CBSE Board Class 12 History Previous Year Question Papers 2009
CBSE Board Previous Year Question Papers 2009 for Class 12 History
Time allowed : 3 Hours Maximum Marks : 100
General Instructions :
(i) Answer all the questions. Marks are indicated against each question.
(ii) Answers to questions carrying 2 marks should not exceed 30 words each.
(iii) Answers to questions carrying 5 marks should not exceed 100 words each.
(iv) Answers to questions carrying 8 marks should not exceed 250 words each.
(v) Attach the maps with the answer scripts.
1. Explain any two achievements of the Peshwa, Baji Rao I in the growth of Maratha
2. Explain the significance of the Councils Act of 1861. Give two points. 2
3. Mention the main contribution of Keshav Chandra Sen in the field of social reforms. 2
4. Who founded the Satya Shodhak Mandal in Maharashtra ? Describe the significance of
the organisation in modern India. 1+4=5
Describe the nature of political developments preceding the formation of the Indian
National Congress. Mention any organisation which can be called as the predecessor of
the Congress. 4+1=5
5. Explain the main contributions of Bal Gangadhar Tilak to the freedom struggle of India.
Mention the newspaper started by him. 4+1=5
Explain the main characteristics of the Swadeshi movement of 1905. Mention any main
leader of the movement.
6. Describe the meaning of revolutionary movements in the context of the Indian freedom
struggle. Discuss three main reasons for the rise of such movements. 2+3=5
Describe the main provisions of the Morley-Minto Reforms. Describe the nationalists’
attitude to the reforms.
7. Examine the importance of the Quit India movement in the freedom struggle of India.
Give one example to show that it was a departure from the Civil Disobedience movement
of 1930. 4+1=5
Examine the main contributions of Madan Lal Dhingra in India’s freedom struggle.
Who were his associates ?
8. Explain the nature of the political developments in Pondicherry during the course of the
freedom struggle. When was Pondicherry liberated ? 4+1=5
Explain the demands of the ‘Muslim League’ for Pakistan. When did the League raise the
9. Explain the traditional trade routes between India and Europe in the medieval times.
Examine the main changes with regard to the trade routes after 1453. 3+5=8
Which particular development made the English East India Company a political power in
the 1760s ? Explain the nature of dual administrative system during the period. Why
was the system withdrawn ? 2+4+2=8
10. Explain how the Doctrine of Lapse was responsible for the outbreak of the Revolt of
1857. Explain the immediate cause of the revolt. 5+3=8
Examine the nature of the Revolt of 1857. Can it be called the First War of Indian
11. Explain the reasons for the formation of the Swaraj Party. Describe its role in the
freedom struggle of India. 4+4=8
Read the following statement and answer the questions that follow :
“After leading a popular movement for twenty years and continuous struggle of
trying to solve problems and asking for concessions he has received brickbats instead of
food ... the Indians should no longer be satisfied with mere mendicancy neither should
they beg the English for concessions.”
(i) Explain the context in which this statement was made.
(ii) This statement marked the beginning of a new phase in the freedom movement. What
was this new phase ?
(iii) What did this change signify ?
(iv) Explain the differences between the Moderates and the Extremists. 2+1+1+4=8
12. On the given political map of India (on page 9) mark and label the following : 5
Any five states which were under the protected area of East India Company in 1818.
(i) Two major centres of the Revolt of 1857 in Tamil Nadu.
(ii) Two major centres of the Revolt of 1857 in Maharashtra.
(iii) The place where Mangal Pandey refused to bite the greased cartridge in 1857.
13. Why was USA not a member of the League of Nations ? 2
14. Explain any major consequence of the Nazi invasion of the USSR. 2
15. Mention any main reason for the US opposition to the Islamic Revolution of 1978 in Iran. 2
16. What is SAARC ? 2
17. What is meant by hydel energy ? 2
18. Explain any characteristic of the writings of Subramania Bharati. 2
19. Explain how elasticity or flexibility is a characteristic of the contemporary world history.
Mention two other characteristics of contemporary world history. 3+2=5
Explain the basis of Triple Alliance formed before the World War I. Mention any of its
20. Describe the main reasons for the rise of Fascists to power in Italy and mention one of
its effects on Italy. 4+1=5
What was the nature of the social problems in USA during the inter-World War period ?
Mention any reason for such problems.7
21. What was Ping Pong diplomacy in China ? Explain its main objectives. 2+3=5
Explain the nature of administration in Ghana under Kwame Nkrumah. Which specific
incident led to his removal from office ? 3+2=5
22. When did Japan surrender during the World War II ? Explain the main developments
which led to her surrender. Discuss two of its main consequences on world politics. 1+5+2=8
What is meant by Cold War ? Discuss its main features and also mention the main
rivals in the Cold War. 2+4+2=8
23. On the given outline map of Europe (on page 11) mark and name any three countries
which formed the Central Powers and any two countries which were neutral during the
First World War. 3+2=5
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Previous Year Question Paper for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 10th Math Sample Paper 2007
- Tamilnadu Board Class 12 Political Science Sample Paper Of 2011
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Psychology 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Sanskrit 2013-SET-4
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Chemistry For 2007
- Gujarat Board Class 12 History 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Book keeping & Accountancy 2013-SET-4
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Math For 2007
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Entrepreneurship 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2009
- CBSE Board 12 Chemistry Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Home Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2010
- Manipur Board Class 9 Mizo
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Gujarati (special)
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Chemistry
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Geography
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 Physics
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 English (Special Language)
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Economics
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science
- CBSE Board Class 10 Syllabus For English Core
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Sindhi