CBSE Board Class 12 History Previous Year Question Papers 2008
CBSE Board Previous Year Question Papers 2008 for Class 12 History
HISTORY CLASS 12
Time allowed : 3 Hours Maximum Marks : 100
General Instructions :
(i) Answer all the questions. Marks are indicated against each question.
(ii) Answers to questions carrying 2 marks should not exceed 30 words each.
(iii) Answers to questions carrying 5 marks should not exceed 100 words each.
(iv) Answers to questions carrying 8 marks should not exceed 250 words each.
(v) Attach the maps with the answer scripts.
1. Briefly explain any two main consequences of the Third Battle of Panipat. 2
2. Explain the far-reaching effects of the Councils Act of 1861. 2
1961 ds dkmafly ,sDV ds nwjxkeh izHkkoksa dks Li"V dhft,A
3. Mention the two proposals given by Raja Rammohan Roy to promote internationalism. 2
4. Who founded the Satya Shodhak Mandal in Maharashtra ? Describe the significance of
the organisation in modern India. 1+4=5
Describe the nature of political developments preceding the formation of the Indian
National Congress. Mention any organisation which can be called as the predecessor of
the Congress. 4+1=5
5. What was the Ilbert Bill controversy ? Explain its main contributions to the freedom
struggle of India. 2+3=5
Explain the significance of moderate nationalism in the freedom struggle of India. Name
any two main moderate nationalists. 3+2=5
6. Describe the meaning of revolutionary movements in the context of the Indian freedom
struggle. Discuss three main reasons for the rise of such movements. 2+3=5
Describe the main provisions of the Morley-Minto Reforms. Describe the nationalists’
attitude to the reforms.
7. Explain the main features of the Quit India Movement. Mention any one political group
which opposed the movement. 4+1=5
What was the Poona Pact ? Examine Mahatma Gandhi’s role in it. 2+3=5
8. Explain the nature of the political developments in Pondicherry during the course of the
freedom struggle. When was Pondicherry liberated ? 4+1=5
Explain the demands of the ‘Muslim League’ for Pakistan. When did the League raise the
9. Explain the traditional trade routes between India and Europe in the medieval times.
Examine the main changes with regard to the trade routes after 1453. 3+5=8
Which particular development made the English East India Company a political power in
the 1760s ? Explain the nature of dual administrative system during the period. Why
was the system withdrawn ? 2+4+2=8
10. Explain how the Doctrine of Lapse was responsible for the outbreak of the Revolt of
1857. Explain the immediate cause of the revolt. 5+3=8
Examine the nature of the Revolt of 1857. Can it be called the First War of Indian
11. Explain the reasons for the formation of the Swaraj Party. Describe its role in the
freedom struggle of India. 4+4=8
Read the following statement and answer the questions that follow :
“After leading a popular movement for twenty years and continuous struggle of
trying to solve problems and asking for concessions he has received brickbats instead of
food ... the Indians should no longer be satisfied with mere mendicancy neither should
they beg the English for concessions.”
(i) Explain the context in which this statement was made.
(ii) This statement marked the beginning of a new phase in the freedom movement. What
was this new phase ?
(iii) What did this change signify ?
(iv) Explain the differences between the Moderates and the Extremists. 2+1+1+4=8
12. On the given political map of India (on page 9) mark and label the following : 5
Any five states which were under the protected area of East India Company in 1818.
(i) Two major centres of the Revolt of 1857 in Tamil Nadu.
(ii) Two major centres of the Revolt of 1857 in Maharashtra.
(iii) The place where Mangal Pandey refused to bite the greased cartridge in 1857.
Note : The following question is for the Blind Candidates only in lieu of Q. No. 12.
Write the name of any five states which were under the protected area of East India
Company in 1818.
(i) Mention the name of two major centres of the Revolt of 1857 in Tamil Nadu.
(ii) Mention the name of two major centres of the Revolt of 1857 in Maharashtra.
(iii) Mention the name of the place where Mangal Pandey refused to bite the greased
13. In what way did the League of Nations try to placate France ? 2
14. In what way did the Nazi invasion of the USSR change the course of World War II ? 2
15. Mention one main reason for the Islamic Revolution of 1978 in Iran. 2
16. Mention one main objective of the European Economic Community (EEC). 2
17. Explain how the technology of single wind-mill has been improved to meet the needs of
energy in the modern world. 2
18. Mention any unique feature of the Bengal School of Art. 2
19. Explain how elasticity or flexibility is a characteristic of the contemporary world history.
Mention two other characteristics of contemporary world history. 3+2=5
Explain the basis of Triple Alliance formed before the World War I. Mention any of its
20. Describe the main reasons for the rise of Fascists to power in Italy and mention one of
its effects on Italy. 4+1=5
What was the nature of the social problems in USA during the inter-World War period ?
Mention any reason for such problems.7
21. Why was the Cultural revolution started in China ? Mention one of its important
Examine the main basis of the Korean War of 1950. What was China’s role in it ? 3+2=5
22. When did Japan surrender during the World War II ? Explain the main developments
which led to her surrender. Discuss two of its main consequences on world politics. 1+5+2=8
What is meant by Cold War ? Discuss its main features and also mention the main
rivals in the Cold War. 2+4+2=8
23. On the given outline map of Europe (on page 11) mark and name any three countries
which formed the Central Powers and any two countries which were neutral during the
First World War. 3+2=5
On the given outline map of Europe (on page 11) mark and name any five countries
which were in the Communist block during the Cold War period. 5
24.Mention two countries which belonged to the Central Powers and two neutral countries
during the First World War. Describe two effects of the war on the Central Powers.
What was the Warsaw Pact ? Mention any four countries which signed the pact.
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Previous Year Question Paper for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 English (Special Language) 2013-SET-3
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Physics 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2009
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Chemistry 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2009
- Bihar Board Class 11 Economics 2009
- ICSE Board Class 10 Physics 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Home Science 2013-SET-3
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Entrepreneurship 2008
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2011
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Malayalam
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Syllabus of Commerce
- Rajasthan Board Class 10 Social Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 French
- CBSE Board Class 9 Social Science
- Gujarat Board Class 12 English Core
- Rajasthan Board Class 10 Science
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Psychology
- Haryana Board Class 8 Hindi