CBSE Board Class 11 History Previous Year Question Papers 2010
CBSE Board Previous Year Question Papers 2010 for Class 11 History
1. Answer all the questions. Marks are indicated against each question.
2. Answers to Question carrying marks should not exceed 30 words each.
3. Answer all question carrying 5 marks should not exceed 100 words each.
4. Answers to questions carrying 8 marks should not exceed 250 words each.
5. Answer all maps with the answer scripts.
PART -- -- A
Class – XI History
Time :-2:30 Hrs. M.M. 40
Q1. Describe some of the distinctive features of Mohanjodaro.
Q2. Explain the functions that may have been performed by rulers in Harappan society.
Q3. Describe the salient features of ‘Mahajanapadas’.
Q4. Discuss the notions of kingship that developed in the Past-Mauryan period.
Q5. What, according to the Dharmashastras were the ideal occupations for the four
Vernas? Give one way in which the Brahmanas tried to enforce these norms.
Q6. Discuss whether kings in early state were invariably Kshatriyas.
Q7. Summarise the central teaching of Buddhism.
Q8. Discuss the role of the begums of Bhopal in preserving the stupa at Sanchi.
Q9.. Examine the main reasons which prompted the Europ .. eans to come to India during the
16th and 17th centuries. Explain how India was portrayed in European writings during the
Or Explain any two main objectives of the East In4ia Company at the time of its foundation.
Explain the main features of its structure and mention the British Governments relations with
Q10.. Describe the economic causes of the revolt of 185 .. 7 and mention any two revolts which
Or Why did the revolt of 1857 fail? Mention two Indian rulers who sided with the British during
Q11.. Critically analyze the nature of freedom struggle .. in Goa. When Goa was finally liberated?
Or Read the following passage and answer the questions that follow
“In order to settle the issue immediately and prevent the slaughter of innocent people, the
Congress decided to agree to the division of the country and demanded the partition of the
Punjab and Bengal. This was no surrender to the Muslim League or policy of appeasement.”
1. Why did the Congress accept the partition of India is 1947?
2. Why did the Muslim League demand a separate and independent state?
3. Do you agree with the view that the acceptance of the demand for the partition of the
country was an act of appeasement? Give reasons.
Q12.. On the given outline map (Political) of India loc .. ate and label the following as on 15th
a) Two French regions.
b) Two Portuguese regions
c) One Princely State
Or On the given outline map (Political) of India locate and label the following chief centers
of Revolt of 1857.
a) Two centers in Karnataka
b) Two centers in Andhra Pradesh
c) One centre in Kerala.
PART -- -- B
Q13.. What is meant by covenant of the League of Nation .. s?
Q14.. Explain the meaning of blitzkrieg in the context .. of World War II.
Q15.. Describe one main reason of Arab-Israel conflict .. in contemporary history.
Q16.. What is meant by “Globalization”?
Q17.. Mention the two indicators of an advanced society .. or a State?
Q18. . Mention any main characteristics of the Modern Ja . . panese novel.
Q19.. Explain the meaning of Contemporary period in his .. tory. Mention how it is different from
the modern period.
Or Explain the basis of Ango-French. Entente of 1904. Mention one of its main consequences.
Q20.. Describe the main reasons for the rise of Nazism .. in Germany. Mention one of its main
Or What led to the social crisis in Britain during the inter-war period? Mention when the
women were given the right to vote there.
Q21. . Critically analyse the success of the Communists . . in China in 1949. Mention the name of
their main leader?
Or Explain the post II World War developments in Vietnam and assess the role of the United
States of America in It.
Q22.. Explain the main developments during the World Wa .. r II which led to Germany’s
surrender. Explain two main outcomes of her
Or Explain the term “decolonization”. Examine how the process of decolonization got strength
after the World War II. Name one country which was decolonized soon after World War II.
Q23.. On the given outline map of Europe locate and lab .. el five countries which actively
participated in the World War I.
Or On the given outline map of Europe, locate and label three neutral countries and two allied
countries during the World War II.
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Previous Year Question Paper for class 11 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Crop Production 2013-SET-4
- CBSE Board Class 12 Accountancy 2009
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Chemistry 2005
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Psychology 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2009
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Elements of Science & Maths for Agriculture 2013-SET-3
- Gujarat Board Class 9 Science 2011
- Gujarat Board Class 9 Science 2007
- Gujarat Board Class 12 English Core 2011
- CBSE Board Social Science Sample Papers for Class 10 for year 2011
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Elective 2008
- CBSE Board 12 Biology Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2008
- CBSE Board Class 10 Functional English 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Accountancy 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Engineering Graphics
- ICSE Board Class 12 Psychology
- CBSE Board Science Syllabus for Class 10
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Physical Education
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Geography
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Syllabus of Commerce
- ICSE Board Class 12 Political Science
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Home Science
- CBSE BOARD History Syllabus for Class 12
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Arabic