CBSE Board Class 11 History Previous Year Question Papers 2009
CBSE Board Previous Year Question Papers 2009 for Class 11 History
Time : 3 Hrs M.M. 100
i) Answer all the questions. Marks are indicated against each question.
ii) Answer to questions carrying 2 marks should not exceed 30 words each.
iii) Answer to questions carrying 5 marks should not exceed 100 words each.
iv) Answer to questions carrying 8 marks should not exceed 250 words each.
v) Part D has questions based on sources.
vi) Attach the map with the answer script.
Answer all the questions:
1.What do you mean by Noyan?
2.What do you understand by Transhumance?
3.What is the meaning of Mesopotamia?
4.What are fossils?
5.Mention on characteristics of each of the French Serf and Roman Slave.
Answer any two questions:-
6.Discuss the arguments advanced in favour of the regional continuity model of
Human Origin. Do you think it provides a convincing explanation of the
7.Why would the early temples in Mesoptamia have been much like a house?
8.Of the new institutions that came into being once city life had begun, which
would have depend on the initiative of the king?
Answer any three:
9.Why do you think the Roman government stopped coining in silver? And which
metal did it begin to use for the production of coinage?
10.What are the effects of the Crusades on Europe and Asia?
11.Why did Genghis Khan feel the need of fragment the mongol tribes into new
social and military groupings?
12.When did prophet Muhammad declare himself to be the messenger of God?
Explain the methods of Ibadat of Allah.
Answer any three questions:
13.Describe the functions of medieval monasteries.
14.Why did Knights become a distinct group and when did they decline?
15.What were the features of humanist thought?
16.What were the new developments helping European navigation in the fifteen
Answer any three questions:
17.How were the Islamic architectural forms different from those of the Roman
18.What is the place of Genghis Khan and Mongols in the world history?
19.Compare the civilization of the Aztecs with that of the Mesopotamians.
20.On the basis of your study pick out some basic feat ures of Roman Society and
Economy which you think make it look quite modern. 8
Questions based on sources:-
21.A. ‘Homo’ is a latin word, meaning ‘Man’, although there were women as well.
Scientists distinguish amongst several types of Homo? The name assigned to
these species are derived from what are regarded as their typical
characteristics. So fossils are classified as Homo habil’s, Home erectus and
a) Give the meaning of ‘Homo’.
b) What do you mean by Species ?
c) Mention the characteristics of Homo habil’s. Homo erectus and Homo sapiens.
B. The term feltdalism has been used by historians to describe the economic, legal,
political and social relationships that existed in Europe in the medieval era.
Derived from the German word ‘Feud’, which means ‘ a piece of land’ it reefers
to the kind of society that developed in medieval France, and latu in England
and in southern Italy.
a) What do you mean by feudal system?
b) Comment on manor system.
c) Write one demerit of the feudal system.
22.On the map of Asia show Mongal Empire and mark and name any four places
associated with this.
On the map of Asia mark and name any five places associated with the mongal
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Previous Year Question Paper for class 11 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Business Studies 2007
- CBSE Board History Sample Papers for Class 12 for year 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science 2008
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Physics 2011
- West Bengal Board Class 12 Chemistry Sample Paper Of 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2007
- Rajasthan Board Class 10 English Core 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Math For 2007
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Social Science 2009
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2007
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Chemistry Previous Year Question paper of 2007
- CBSE Board Class 9 Science 2011
- CBSE Board 12 Biology Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12th Business Studies Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Biology
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Social Reconstruction
- UP Board Class 12 English
- Manipur Board Class 10 Tangkhul
- CBSE Board Class 8 Science
- ICSE Board Class 9 Home Science
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Accountancy
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Math
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Biology
- West Bengal Board Class 12 Syllabus For Physics