CBSE Board Class 10 History Sample Papers 2011
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2011 for Class 10 History
Answer the following questions:-
1. In the 19th century in Bombay, where did mill workers live and why?
2. How did the expansion of Bombay take place?
3. Which was the premier city of India during British rule?
4. Name ancient cities and towns that first appeared along river valleys.
5. Which novel was written by Durgacharan Ray and when?
6. Describe main features of the ancient cities.
7. Describe the pace of urbanization in India in the nineteenth century. Describe nature of Presidency cities.
8. Describe the features of early development of Bombay city. What were its effects?
9. Describe the development of film industry in Bombay.
10. Describe how Bombay functioned as a centre for trade and other activities in the 19 th and twentieth centuries?
11. What were the functions of supply merchants?
12. Why was London called a finishing centre?
13. What were the advantages of proto-industrial production to the peasants?
14. Which industrialist manufactured the new model of steam engine?
15. Why did Surat and Hoogly decay and Bombay and Calcutta grew as ports in India in the later half of the 18 th century?
16. When were the early factories set up in England in the eighteenth century?
17. Describe the condition of Indian textiles before the age of machine industries.
18. After establishing political control, what steps were taken by the East India Company to expand textile exports from India?
19. Describe the condition of large and small-scale industries in India between 1900 and 1940.3 Marks
20. ‘In the twentieth century, handloom cloth production in India expanded steadily:
almost trebling between 1900 and 1940.’ How did this happen?
21. What are taverns?
22. Which famous Persian newspapers were started publishing from 1822?
23. Who wrote Ninety-Five Theses, when and why?
24. What was the importance of the movable type printing machine?
25. Who developed the first known printing press?
26. Who brought woodblock printing technology to Italy and from where?
27. How books were prepared in India before the age of print in the sixteenth century?
28. Do you agree with the view that the print culture created the conditions with which French Revolution occurred? Give arguments in support of your answer.
29. Describe the nature and contents of Bengal Gazette, a weekly magazine edited by James Augustus Hickey. Why was Hickey persecuted? What were its results?
30. What were the factors which led to reading mania in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries in Europe?
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 10 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 English Literature 2007
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2009
- CBSE Board Class 9 Social Science 2011
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Biology 2007
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Psychology 2008
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Business Studies 2013-SET-2
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Math 2013-SET-4
- CBSE Board Class 10 Physics 2010
- West Bengal Board Class 11 Computer Science Sample Paper Of 2012
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Economics 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2007
- CBSE Board Math Syllabus for Class 12
- ICSE Board Class 12 History
- ICSE Board Class 12 Political Science
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Functional English
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 English Core
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 Physics
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Yoga
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Agriculture
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 10 English Core
- Haryana Board Class 12 Biology