CBSE Board Class 12 Geography Sample Papers 2011
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2011 for Class 12 Geography
Time : 3 hrs. Max. Marks : 70
1. There are 26 questions in all.
2. All questions are compulsory.
3. Marks for each question are indicated against it.
4. Question numbers 1 to 10 are very short answer questions carrying 1 mark each.
Answer to each of these questions should not exceed 20 words.
5. Question numbers 11 to 20 are short answer questions carrying 3 marks each.
Answer to each of these questions should not exceed 80 words.
6. Question numbers 21 to 25 are long answer questions of 5 marks each.
Answer to each of these questions should not exceed 150 words.
7. Question no. 26 is related to identification or locating and labelling of
geographical features on maps.
8. Outline maps of the World and India provided to you must be attached
within your answer book.
9. Use of templates or stencils for drawing outline maps is allowed.
Q 1. What term is used for a railway line that runs across a continent and links its two ends? 1
Q 2. Name the famous petroleum pipeline which connects the oil wells of the Gulf of Mexico to the North-Eastern States in USA. 1
Q 3. Name the air service of India which connects all the continents. 1
Q 4. Explain the term truck farming. 1
Q 5. Name the type of industry which has the following characteristics:
assembly-line technique of mass production, advanced technology,
use of various raw materials and enormous energy. 1
Q 6. Which type of rural settlement in India includes Panna, Para, Palli, Nagla,Dhani etc. 1
Q 7. State any three characteristics of clustered rural settlements in India. 3x1=3
Q 8. Name the two cities of Uttar Pradesh that are mainly responsible for polluting the River Ganga. 1
Q 9. Which category of roads in India constitute only 2% of the total road length but they carry 40% of the total road traffic?1
Q 10. Name a port of Maharashtra and a Port of Tamil Nadu which have been constructed to reduce the pressure on the existing major ports. 1
Q 11. Name the two most important cereal crops of India. Give the names of any two states which are the important producers of each of these crops. 1+2=3
Q 12. Describe three main features of Indian Railways. 3x1=3
Q 13. Explain three main features of possibilism approach in Human Geography.3x1=3
Q 14. Explain the three factors on which the development of Inland waterways in the world depends. 3x1=3
Q 15. Explain the main features of any three categories of towns in India classified on the basis of their functions. 3x1=3
Q 16. Explain the impact of technology in increasing the agriculatural output in India. Give three points in this regard.3*1
Q 17. Explain the meaning of Rainwater Harvesting. How is rainwater harvesting beneficial to us? Give four points for it.3
Q 18. Explain any three sources of air pollution in India. 3x1=3
Q 20. Study the above diagram showing the location of a major steel plant of india and answer the following questions:
(1) Name the state in which this steel plant in located. 1
(2) What is the source of iron ore for this plant?1
(3) Name the two sources providing water and power to this steel plant.1
Q 21. Name the two types of international trade. Describe two main features of each. 1+2+2=5
Q 22. Describe any five environmental problems associated with urban settlements in the developing countries of the world. 5x1=5
Q 23. Name the four langugage families in India. Which one of them is spoken by the largest number of people in the country? Name any four states in which this language is mainly spoken. 2+1+2=5
Q 24. On the basis of place of residence, classify the population of the world into two groups. Explain two main characteristics of each group of population. 1+2+2=5
Q 25. “The modern economic development in the world is mainly the result of the development of Quarternary Services”. Justify the statement with five suitable arguments. 5x1=5
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Economics 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Home Science 2013-SET-2
- Karnataka Board Class 10 Home Science Sample Paper Of 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Home Science 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Biology For 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Computer Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2010
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 English Core 2009
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12th Economics Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2010
- CBSE Board 12 Political Science Previous Year Question Paper 2008
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Fashion Studies 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2009
- Meghalaya Board Class 11 English Core
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics
- CBSE Board Class 11 Multimedia and Web Technology
- Meghalaya Board Class 12 English Core
- West Bengal Board Class 12 Syllabus For Economics
- CBSE Board 12th English Elective Syllabus
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Gujarati (special)
- West Bengal Board Class 11 Syllabus For Psychology
- ICSE Board Class 11 Psychology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Music (Hindustani Vocal)