CBSE Board Class 12 Geography Sample Papers 2009
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2009 for Class 12 Geography
Class – XII
Subject – Geography
Time 3 hours Max. Marks 70 General Instructions:
1. There are 26 questions in all.
2. All questions are compulsory.
3. Marks for each question are indicated against it.
4. Question numbers 1 to 10 are very short answer questions carrying 1 mark each. Answer to each of these questions should not exceed 20 words.
5. Question numbers 11 to 20 are short answer questions carrying 3 marks each. Answer to each of these questions should not exceed 80 words.
6. Question numbers 21 to 25 are long answer questions of 5 marks each. Answer to each of these questions should not exceed 150 words.
7. Question no. 26 is related to identification or locating and labelling of geographical features on maps.
8. Outline maps of the World and India provided to you must be attached within your answer book.
9. Use of templates or stencils for drawing outline maps is allowed.
Q.1 Give one reason to why the compact settlements are found in parts of Rajasthan?
Q.2 On which railway route does the Asia's longest tunnel lye?
Q.3 Name one port developed after independence in India.
Q.4 Where in India is the largest wind power plant located?
Q.5 Give one reason for the degradation of land in India.
Q.6 Why Dairy farming is practiced mainly near urban and industrial centres?
Q.7 What do you mean by the term factory farming?
Q.8 Which is the busiest sea route in the world? Why the traffic is largest on this route? Give one reason.
Q.9 Name the type of settlement developed around tanks and lakes.
Q.10 Name the term coined by Patrick Geddes in 1915 applied to a large area of urban development that resulted from the merging of originally separate towns or cities.
Q.11 Name two each sub-fields of the social, political
Q 12. Name the two categories of air transport in India. 1
Q 13. Name the headquarters of Northern Railway Zone of India. 1
Q 14. Name the stretch of National Waterway No. 1 of India. 1
Q 15. Which type of pollution causes various diseases related to the respiratory system?
Q 16. Give one example each of ferrous and non-ferrous industries. 1
Q 17. Explain the term Quinary Activities. 1
Q 18. Which means of transport is highly suitable for transporting heavy and bulky goods at very low cost over long distances between continents. 1
Q 19. Explain the most important feature of the pipeline constructed from Naharkatia oil field to Barauni. 1
Q 20. Which one of the following waterways has drastically reduced the oceanic distance between India & Europe:- (i) The Rhine waterway; (ii) The Cape of Good Hope Searoute; (iii) Suez Canal and (iv) Panama canal. 1
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 9 English Core 2008
- CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science 2009
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 English Literature 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 Sample Paper of Math For 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2005
- West Bengal Board Class 11 Physics Sample Paper Of 2012
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2007
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Chemistry 2009
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Economics Sample Paper 2011
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2005
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biotechnology 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2005
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Social Science
- CBSE Board Class 8 Syllabus For Social Science
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Chemistry
- ICSE Board Class 11 Psychology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Sanskrit
- Haryana Board Class 12 Dance
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Bengali
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Punjabi
- Haryana Board Class 8 English Literature
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Geography