CBSE Board Class 11 Geography Sample Papers 2010
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2010 for Class 11 Geography
Time 3 Hrs CLASS- XI th M.M. 70
(I)There are 26 questions in all.
(II)All questions are compulsory.
(III)Question numbers 1 to 10 are very short answer questions carrying 1 mark each.
(IV)Question numbers 11 to 20 are also short-answer questions of 3 marks each. Answer to each of these questions should not exceed 80 words.
(V)Question numbers 21 to 25 are long-answer questions of 5 marks each. Answer to each of these questions should not exceed 150 words.
(VI)Question number 26 is related to identification or locating and labeling geographical features on maps.
(VII)Outline maps provided to you must be attached with your answer book.
(VIII)Use of templates or stencils for drawing outline maps is allowed.
Q-1. Which one of the following questions is related to cause-effect relationship?
(a) Why (c) What
(b) Where (d) When
Q-2 In which one of the following countries, the ‘Earth Summit’ was held?
(a) the UK (c) Brazil
(b) Mexico (d) China
Q-3 During photosynthesis, carbon dioxide combines with water in the presence of sunlight to form :
(a) proteins (c) carbohydrates
(b) amino acids (d) vitamins
Q-4 Sea salt, pollen, ash, smoke soot, fine soil — these are associated with:
(a) Gases (c) Water vapour
(b) Dust particles (d) Meteors
Q-5 The direction of wind around a low pressure in northern hemisphere is:
(a) clockwise (c) anti-clock wise
(b) perpendicular to isobars (d) parallel to isobars
Q-6 In which one of the following districts of Uttaranchal did Malpa Landslide
disaster take place?
(a) Bageshwar (c) Almora
(b) Champawat (d) Pithoragarh
Q-7 Which one of the following latitudinal extent is relevant for the extent of
(a) 8°41'N - 35°7'N (c) 8°4'N - 35°6'N
(b) 8°4'N - 37°6'N (d) 6°45'N - 37°6'N
Q-8 How many of the following numbers of Biosphere reserves are recognised
by the IUCN?
(a) One (c) Three
(b) Two (d) Four
Q-9 In which of the following states in India do we find ‘As’ type of climate as
per Koeppen’s classification?
(a) In Kerala and coastal Karnataka
(b) In Andaman and Nicobar Islands
(c) On Coromandal coast
(d) In Assam and Arunachal Pradesh
Q-10 Which one of the following is the place of confluence of the Alkananda and the
(a) Vishnu Prayag (c) Karan Prayag
(b) Rudra Prayag (d) Deva Prayag
Q-11 Study the following diagram and answer the features shown by B, D and F.
Q -12 What is the difference between Khadar and Bhangar?
Q-13 What is the Inter-Tropical Convergene Zone?
Q-14 State the differences between the Dendritic and Trellis drainage pattern.
Q-15 What is Flood. Mention the flood prone area of India.
Q 16 Why do we call the Earth a Blue Planet.
Q 17 Which types of Climates have very low range of Temperature.
Q 18 What are difference between Sea breeze and Land breeze.
Q19 Distinguish between Stalactite and Stalagmite.
Q 20 What are the steps suggested for Biodiversity Conservation by Earth Summit held
at Rio de Janerio, Brazil in June 1992
Q21 Describe the Hydrologic Cycle Mathematically with the help of diagram
Q22 Explain the three types of boundaries made by the plates.
Q23 What is Earthquake. Illustrates their types.
Q24 What is Soil Erosion ? Suggest to conserve the Soil Erosion.
Q25 What are the Physical divisions of India. Explain any one of them.
Q26 Map Work
(a)Mention and locate the following in the outline map of World.
1.Mid Atlantic Ocean Ridge
2. Venguela current
3.Ring of fire
4. Oyashio current
(b)Mention and locate the following in the outline map of India
3.Coro Mandel coast
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 11 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics 2009
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Home Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2005
- CBSE Board English Core Sample Papers for Class 10 for year 2008
- ICSE Board Class 9 Math 2008
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Chemistry 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Accountancy 2009
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Economics 2013-SET-4
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Math 2013-SET-4
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2009
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2010
- Karnataka Board Class 10 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2009
- CBSE Board 12 Business Studies Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 History 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2009
- CBSE Board Class 10 Functional English 2007
- Haryana Board Class 12 Accountancy & Auditing
- CBSE Board 12th Physics Syllabus
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Physical Education
- CBSE Board Class 6 Science
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Entrepreneurship
- CBSE Board Class 6 Math
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Punjabi
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Syllabus of Chemistry
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Agriculture