CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies Previous Year Question Papers 2011
CBSE Board Previous Year Question Papers 2011 for Class 12 Fashion Studies
CLASS – XII
Time: 3 Hrs Max. Marks : 70
i. This question paper consists of four sections A, B,C, and D. Section A contains 5
questions of 1 mark each. Section B is of 10 questions of 2 marks each. Section C is of
10 questions of 3 marks each and Section D is of 3 questions of 5 marks each.
ii. All questions are compulsory.
iii. There is no overall choice. However, an internal choice has been provided in one
question of 2 marks, one question of 3 marks and all the three questions of 5 marks
weightage. Attempt only one of the choices in such questions.
iv. Question number 1 to 5 are to be answered in one word or one sentence each.
v. Question number 6 to 15 are to be answered in approximately 20-30 words each.
vi. Question number 16 to 25 are to be answered in approximately 30-50 words each.
vii. Question number 26 to 28 are to be answered in approximately 80-120 words each.
Where only diagrams are asked word limit does not apply.
SECTION – A
01. What do you understand by ‘clothing’? 1
02. What do you understand by the term ‘sloper’?
03. Name any two ways of providing fullness to a garment. 1
04. Give one advantage and one disadvantage of natural fabric. 1
05. What kind of fabric is used for test fitting? 1
SECTION – B
06. During world war II, a special kind of print was used by British and German
Army. What was its called and why was it used?
07. History has instances where adornment occasionally overlooks comfort and
practicality. Explain this with reference to ‘Poulaine’.
08. What is ‘Pattern’? Give two methods of making it.
09. Why do Italian garments command high value in the foreign markets? (Give
any two reasons).
10. How will you identify the right side of textured and twill fabrics from the
What precautions should be taken while cutting directional fabrics?
11. Explain the two principles on which classical Greek costumes were based.
12. What do you understand by the term ‘Dart-Manipulation? Give its
13. Which city is known as the ‘fashion-capital’ of the world and why? 2
14. What is Pattern ‘Lay-out’?
15. How will you take care of silk and lycra fabrics?
16. What is the purpose of applying underlining to a garment? Give the criteria
for its selection.
17. Historically many methods have been used for adorning the body. Briefly
explain any three methods.
18. To provide a smooth shoulder appearance in a garment, what points should
be kept in mind?
19. Briefly explain the three steps involved in preparing woven fabrics before
20. Give three specific characteristics for each of the following:
a) Hawaiian Shirt
Describe any three ways in which the Mughal culture influenced Indian
21. Give the cause for the following fitting problems:-
a) when armscye bites into the armpit
b) when the waistline binds and rolls
c) when vertical folds are seen in hip and thigh area
d) when diagonal wrinkles emanate upwards from the crotch area
e) when the button closures gape open in the bust area
f) when the neckline does not lie flat against the body
22. What is ‘Ease’? Describe its two types.
23. Discuss the factors responsible for the growth of children’s apparel industry
24. Define the type of strip/facing used to finish a curved neckline. How and
why should it be used?
25. Differentiate between warp, weft and biased grain.
3 SECTION- D
26. “Clothes are the most visible index of the status of a person”. Discuss.
How was the style of draping indicative of the profession and social status
of the wearer during ancient times in India?
27. Explain the method of shifting shoulder dart to armhole side seam by slash
and spread method, with neat diagrams showing the steps involved.
How will you convert a two dart basic skirt pattern into one dart basic skirt
pattern? Explain with the help of diagrams.
28. Name four high fashion centres in the world. Explain the specific style for
which each centre is famous.
“Colour, fabric and texture play an important role in designing men’s wear”.
Explain with suitable examples.
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Previous Year Question Paper for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 English Elective Sample Paper 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2008
- Tamilnadu Board Class 12 Political Science Sample Paper Of 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Home Science 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 History 2013-SET-4
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Geography 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2010
- CBSE Board Accountancy Sample Papers for Class 12 for year 2011
- Karnataka Board Class 10 Home Science Sample Paper Of 2011
- Bihar Board Class 11 Business Studies 2009
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Chemistry 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Economics 2005
- CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2005
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2011
- ICSE Board Class 10 History 2007
- CBSE Board Class 6 Math
- West Bengal Board Class 10 Syllabus For Computer Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Persian
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Physical Education
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 Math
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Oriya
- Haryana Board Class 12 English Core
- Haryana Board Class 12 Accountancy
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Kannada
- CBSE Board Class 9 Science