CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies Previous Year Question Papers 2009
CBSE Board Previous Year Question Papers 2009 for Class 12 Fashion Studies
TIME : 3 Hrs MM : 70
1. This question paper consists of four sections A, B, C and D. Section A contains 5 questions
of 1 mark each. Section B is of 10 questions of 2 marks each. Section C is of 10 questions
of 3 mark each and section D is of 3 questions of 5 marks each.
2. All questions are compulsory.
3. There is no overall choice. However, an internal choice has been provided in one question of
2 marks, one question of 3 marks and all the three questions of 5 marks weightage. Attempt
only one of the choices in such questions.
4. Question numbers 1 to 5 are to be answered in one word or one sentence each.
5. Question numbers 6 to 15 are to be answered in approximately 20-30 words each.
6. Question numbers 16 to 25 are to be answered in approximately 30-50 words each.
7. Question numbers 26 to 28 are to be answered in approximately 80-120 words each. Where
diagrams are asked word limit does not apply.
Section - A
1. Why should a sleeveless bodice need to be cut closer to the armpit? 1
2. Mention the two categories of fashion producers. 1
3. List any two types of underlying fabric you would use in wedding lehngas to provide
body and make it luxurious. 1
4. What is meant by 'prototype'? 1
5. How colored fabrics can be prevented from bleeding? 1
6. In ancient times the following costumes were known as:
a) Material length wrapped around the body.
b) Fabric worn around the body with armhole and sleeves to be attached. 214
7. "In the beginning of 19th century the fashionably French young men were known by a
particular name" Mention the name and what kind of look they sported? 2
8. State the use of following equipments during the construction of garment:
a) Awl b) Measuring tape c) Masking tape d) Pinking shears
9. Enlist two characteristics of a well fitted sleeve. 2
How do you distinguish the front and back of the following from each other:
a) basic sleeve pattern (give one difference)
b) basic bodice block (give three differences) 2
10. a) How will you ensure that the deep neckline fits well on to a body?
b) Which method is used to correct dart and seam lines on a basic bodice block? 2
11. Differentiate between Shorts and Bermudas? 2
12. Name any four garments contributed by Moughals and Britishers to Indian women
wear. (Two in each category). 2
13. Why do retailers and manufacturers wait for the professional analysis of the trends by
trend analysts and agencies? 2
14. Who mastered the art of "Heat set pleating" and what are the various stages at which
heat pleating can be done? 2
15. a) What are the two methods used for cutting firmly woven fabrics and stretchy
b) Provide the word used for a fabric in which the lengthwise grain and crosswise
grain are not at right angle to each other. 2
16. Briefly discuss the three cross cultural influences on ancient Indian clothing as result
of trade and invasion with examples. 3
17. a) What causes the difference in the front and back hemlines of the flared skirt?
b) How can we balance such hemlines? Explain briefly. 3
18. Give reasons for the following:
a) Waistline bulks when the shirt is tucked in.
b) Pockets gape open in the hip and abdomen area15
c) Flared skirts swing forward and backward towards the smaller side.
d) Horizontal wrinkles around the upper arm
e) Sleeve pull across the upper arm and give wrinkles
f) Set wrinkles appear in a garment. 3
19. Give three characteristics of a well fitted crotch? 3
Give three characteristics of a well fitted armscye? 3
20. a) How is Kimono sleeve different from set in sleeve?
b) What design variations can be achieved in a sleeveless bodice by increasing
and decreasing the shoulder width? 3
21. Briefly discuss three key factors that are contributing to the growth of Indian Fashion
Industry in the new millennium? 3
22. a) What kind of fabric should be chosen as a lining material?
b) Which fabric is used for stabilizing the specific areas in the garment? Why?
c) Give two advantages of using polyester fleece as an interfacing in a winter
23. Differentiate between Oxford Button Down collar shirt and Hawaiian shirt on the basis
of color, style and print. 3
24. a) What are blends?
b) Which fibre dominates the characteristics of the final blended fabric?
c) Name two blends of polyester each with cotton and wool. 3
25. What do you understand by the term "ease" and explain the two types of ease. 3
26. "India is a land of rich cultural heritage". Trace the path of Indian garments from 1900
till independence in brief. 5
"In the twentieth century every decade saw the influence of western fashion on Indian
costume". Explain this by taking any five examples from the decade of 1960's. 5
27. Elaborate the term 'pants'. Give brief description of casual slacks, dressy pants,
baggy trousers and cargo pants. 516
Briefly describe the five main features of a classic mens shirt. 5
28. Explain the steps of constructing simple shirt placket with neat and labeled diagrams
of the steps involved in the sequence. 5
Describe the method of attaching set-in-sleeve to a garment with neat and labeled
diagram showing the steps involved in the sequence. 5
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Previous Year Question Paper for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Economics Sample Papers 2008
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Sanskrit 2013-SET-3
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Math For 2009
- CBSE Board Geography Sample Papers for Class 12 for year 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2008
- CBSE Board Class 9 English Core 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sociology 2010
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Chemistry 2011
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Sociology 2009
- Gujarat Board Class 11 History 2011
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2008
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Psychology
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Psychology
- Rajasthan Board Class 9 Social Science
- ICSE Board Class 11 Biology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Malayalam(Special)
- CBSE Board Class 8 Science
- CBSE Board 12th Political Science Syllabus
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Sanskrit (special)
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Biology
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 Philosophy