CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies Previous Year Question Papers 2007
CBSE Board Previous Year Question Papers 2007 for Class 12 Fashion Studies
Time allowed : 3 hours Maximum Marks : 70
General Instructions :
(i) This question paper consists of four sections A, B, C and D. Section A contains
5 questions of 1 mark each. Section B is of 10 questions of 2 marks each. Section C
is of 10 questions of 3 marks each and Section D is of 3 questions of 5 marks each.
(ii) All questions are compulsory.
(iii) There is no overall choice. However, an internal choice has been provided in one
question of 2 marks, one question of 3 marks and all the three questions of
5 marks weightage. Attempt only one of the choices in such questions.
(iv) Questions number 1 to 5 are to be answered in one word or one sentence each.
(v) Questions number 6 to 15 are to be answered in approximately 20 - 30 words each.
(vi) Questions number 16 to 25 are to be answered in approximately 30 - 50 words each.
(vii) Questions number 26 to 28 are to be answered in approximately 80 - 120 words
each. Where only diagrams are asked word limit does not apply.
1. Name the two main seasons for which the collections are showcased by designers. 1
2. What do you understand by the term ‘Prototype’ ? 1
3. How can you draft basic block to fit an individual figure ? 1
4. Name the sources from which wool and linen fibres are obtained. 1
5. “Cotton fibre is spun at a very high tension to produce sheen in the yarn and to make it
wrinkle-resistant without using any chemicals.” Name one such fabric. 1
6. What are the points to be considered before fitting a garment ? (Give any two) 2
7. What do you understand by the term ‘General Sizing System’ ? And who is responsible
for developing the sizing systems ? 2
8. Differentiate between casual slacks/pants and dressy trousers. 2
9. “When ostentation and exaggeration dominates other practical concerns, the resultant look
may become distinctive but impractical.” Explain this with example of ‘Men’s
Breeches’ of 18 th century England. 2
10. Give any one advantage and one disadvantage each of natural and synthetic fibres. 2
11. Which factor leads to a gradual shift in the women’s wear from elaborate clothing and
hair styles in the past to simple silhouettes at the turn of the century ? List down the
main sources of fashion trends for women’s wear. 2
12. (a) What kind of colours and prints are most suitable for children ? List them down.
(b) What kind of fabrics should be selected for children and why ? 2
13. Describe the various measurements required for making necklines in the garments. Give
the importance of doing stay stitching on necklines. 2
14. “Indigenous clothing in different parts of the world used locally available material and
craft skills of the people.” Provide two examples favouring the statement. 2
“Rulers have attempted to maintain the status quo between themselves and commoners
by passing hypocritical laws pertaining to the materials and clothes of all classes at
different points of time in history.” Discuss with two examples.
15. Differentiate between bias and shaped facings used in garment construction. 2
16. Discuss the factors responsible for the growth of fashion industry in Japan. 3
17. What is the purpose of applying lining in a garment ? What kind of material should be
used and what points should be considered while selecting lining ? 3
18. “Bifurcated garments require a well-fitted crotch for comfort and durability.” Briefly
explain the qualities of a well-fitted crotch. 3
19. Differentiate between natural, synthetic and blended fabrics. 3
20. How will you take the following measurements ? 3
(a) Round bust
(b) Full sleeve length
(c) Apex measurement
21. “Primitive man believed that certain costumes could endow special attributes and would
protect him from the evil eye.” Discuss this giving examples. (Any three) 3
22. “A pattern carries some neccessary information.” Mention any six. 3
23. Give the causes of fitting problems in garments. 3
24. Elaborate the term ‘Uttariya’. Briefly describe the manner of wearing it by courtiers and
commoners in Ancient India. 3
What do you understand by the term ‘Antariya’ ? Briefly discuss its style of draping by men
and women in Ancient India.
25. What are the reasons of a garment hanging out of balance ? Give any three. 3
26. “The principal fighting force of the Roman army was Legionary Infantry men.” Discuss
the war-uniform worn by these men. 5
“Since ancient times, beautification of the self through decoration of either clothes or
the body itself has been the pre-occupation of humans.” Discuss this with reference to
the ‘theory of adornment’.
27. “The shirt is very important in the men’s wear wardrobe.” Describe the most important
features of a ‘classic-shirt’. 5
(a) What do you understand by the term ‘Frills or ruffle’ ? How is circular ruffle different
from other ruffles ?
(b) Define the term ‘Zipper’. What kind of zips are suitable for children’s and women’s
(c) Elaborate the term ‘Button-holes’.
28. Explain the steps of constructing ‘simple-shirt placket’ with neat labelled diagrams of the
steps involved. 5
Describe the method of attaching ‘set-in-sleeve’ with neat labelled diagrams showing the
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Previous Year Question Paper for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- ICSE Board Class 10 Math 2011
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Social Science 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2009
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Science 2009
- ICSE Board Class 10 Home Science 2011
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Geography 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Introductory Information Technology 2013-SET-2
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics 2007
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2009
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Psychology 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2008
- CBSE Board 12 Biology Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology 2009
- Haryana Board Class 12 Chemistry
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Oriya (special)
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Business Studies
- Haryana Board Class 12 Physical Education
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Oriya
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Telugu
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 English Core
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Sanskrit