CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies Previous Year Question Papers 2005
CBSE Board Previous Year Question Papers 2005 for Class 12 Fashion Studies
TIME : 3 Hrs MM : 70
1. This question paper consists of four sections A, B, C and D. Section A contains 5 questions
of 1 mark each. Section B is of 10 questions of 2 marks each. Section C is of 10 questions
of 3 mark each and section D is of 3 questions of 5 marks each.
2. All questions are compulsory.
3. There is no overall choice. However, an internal choice has been provided in one question of
2 marks, one question of 3 marks and all the three questions of 5 marks weightage. Attempt
only one of the choices in such questions.
4. Question numbers 1 to 5 are to be answered in one word or one sentence each.
5. Question numbers 6 to 15 are to be answered in approximately 20-30 words each.
6. Question numbers 16 to 25 are to be answered in approximately 30-50 words each.
7. Question numbers 26 to 28 are to be answered in approximately 80-120 words each. Where
diagrams are asked word limit does not apply
1. Give one advantage and disadvantage each of using computerized system of
pattern making for constructing garments?
2. Why fabric is considered the most crucial element while designing a garment?
3. Which company was the first one to use 'studs' as a trimming and why? Mention its
What was the purpose of forming an association "La Chambre Syndicale de le
Couture Parisienne" by the couturiers of France? Give any two.
4. List down any four major influences on children's wear.
5. Flat pattern method is preferred as compared to draping method in making a
pattern. Give reasons.
6. Pooja has been asked to prepare a formal dress in georgette fabric. What type of
shear blades should be used by her to cut the fabric and to finish the seams?
7. What is the difference between 'Toga' and 'Himation'?
8. Briefly explain the three major inventions during industrial revolution that gave impetus
to the textile industry.
9. American fashion is straightforward, sensible and businesslike."
a) Name any three apparel items contributed by U.S. fashion industry to the
world's fashion industry
b) Enlist the three innovative fibres/fabrics contributed by U.S. textile industry to
the world's apparel industry.
10. How will you take the following measurements on a dress form:
a) Side seam length
b) Cap Height
c) Underarm seam length
11. a) Name the pivot point on the women's front bodice from which all the darts
b) State the positions of Flange dart and French dart.
12. Differentiate between Shorts and Bermudas?
13. Name any four garments contributed by Moughals and Britishers to Indian women
wear. (Two in each category).
14. Why do retailers and manufacturers wait for the professional analysis of the trends by
trend analysts and agencies?
15. Who mastered the art of "Heat set pleating" and what are the various stages at which
heat pleating can be done?
16. a) What are the two methods used for cutting firmly woven fabrics and stretchy
b) Provide the word used for a fabric in which the lengthwise grain and crosswise
grain are not at right angle to each other.
17. Briefly discuss the three cross cultural influences on ancient Indian clothing as result
of trade and invasion with examples.
18. a) What causes the difference in the front and back hemlines of the flared skirt?
b) How can we balance such hemlines? Explain briefly.
18. Give reasons for the following:
a) Waistline bulks when the shirt is tucked in.
b) Pockets gape open in the hip and abdomen area
20. a) How is Kimono sleeve different from set in sleeve?
b) What design variations can be achieved in a sleeveless bodice by increasing
and decreasing the shoulder width?
21. Briefly discuss three key factors that are contributing to the growth of Indian Fashion
Industry in the new millennium?
22. a) What kind of fabric should be chosen as a lining material?
b) Which fabric is used for stabilizing the specific areas in the garment? Why?
c) Give two advantages of using polyester fleece as an interfacing in a winter
23. Differentiate between Oxford Button Down collar shirt and Hawaiian shirt on the basis
of color, style and print.
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Previous Year Question Paper for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Social Science 2005
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Science 2013-SET3
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2009
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Economics 2009
- CBSE Board Economics Sample Papers for Class 12 for year 2011
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Geography 2010
- CBSE Board Class 9 English Core 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2007
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Functional English 2005
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 Social Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Economics 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 Home Science 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Sanskrit (special)
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics
- Rajasthan Board Class 11 Gujarati
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Social Science
- CBSE Board Class 8 Syllabus For Social Science
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Biotechnology
- ICSE Board Class 10 Physics
- Rajasthan Board Class 10 Social Science
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 9 Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Hindi (Special Language)