CBSE Board Syllabus for English Elective
The CBSE English Elective paper consists of 100 marks. Below are the topics which are included in Syllabus. :-
1) Reading unseen passage and poem:
a) The unseen passage is of 400 to 500 words followed by short answer questions.
b) To test interpretation of poem, a poem of 15 lines is given followed by short answer type questions.
2) Writing part of CBSE English Elective Syllabus includes:
a) To write an essay of 150 to 200 words.
b) To write a composition for example article, speech.
3) Applied grammar
a) Error correction of words and sentences.
b) The narration of a given input is required to change.
4) Texts for detail study
a) Two passages will be given along with short answer type question for interpretation and comprehension.
b) Two of three questions are needed to be answered in 100 words for global comprehension testing.
c) Five of six questions are needed to be answered in 60 words for comprehension and interpretation testing.
5) Fiction Part of CBSE Board Syllabus for English Elective includes:
a) One out of two questions is to be answered in about 60 words.
b) One question is to be answered in about 100 words for testing evaluation and appreciation of characters, events and relationships.
On our website, we have also provided some sample papers, and guess papers so that students can do practice with them and understand the CBSE English Elective Syllabus in a proper way. To know the marks wise classification of above topics and syllabus, kindly visit our website.
Class XII One Paper Units 1. Reading an unseen passage and poem 2. Writing 3. Applied Grammar 4. Texts for detailed study 5. Fiction 1. Reading an unseen passage and poem (a) One literary or discursive passage of about 500-...Read More
COURSE STRUCTURE ENGLISH ELECTIVE CLASS XI Units 1. Reading an unseen passage and a poem 20 2. Writing 3. Seminar 4. Text for detailed study 5. Drama 6. Fiction 1. Reading an unseen passage and a poem (a) Literary or discursive passage of about 500-600 words (b) A poem of about 15 lines . 2. Writing (a) To write a...Read More
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Syllabus Now
Board Sample Paper
- ICSE Board Class 10 Biology 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 History 2013-SET-3
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Elective 2008
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Chemistry 2008
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Math 2008
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Informatics Practices 2013
- CBSE Board Class 9 Science 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 English Literature 2013-SET-3
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Social Science 2008
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Math 2013-SET-4
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Home Science 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Accountancy 2011
- CBSE Board 12 Political Science Previous Year Question Paper 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2010
- Maharashtra Board Class 12 Physics
- Gujarat Board Class 9 English Core
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Syllabus of Zoology
- CBSE Board 12th Functional English Syllabus
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 Chemistry
- Rajasthan Board Class 10 Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Economics
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Biotechnology
- CBSE Board Class 11 Home Science
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math