CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective Previous Year Question Papers 2005
CBSE Board Previous Year Question Papers 2005 for Class 11 English Elective
Class – IX
Subject –ENGLISH (ELECTIVE)
1. The following passage has not been edited and there is one error in each line. Write the incorrect word and the correction in you answer sheet against the correct number. ( ½ x 6 =3 Marks)
Peer counselling can best be describe as a healthy (eg.) describe described
interaction within youngsters, whereby one performs (a) ______________
the role of a mentor, while the others seek guidance
through the much unfamiliar by–lanes of student life. (b) ______________
In fact, the roles of both is interchangeable within (c) ______________
the flexible gamut of peer counselling, as that the (d) ______________
process and their outcome are both enjoyable (e) ______________
and helpful in overcome the phenomenon of peer pressure. (f) ______________
2. Read the following conversation between a mother and daughter while watching a cricket match. Complete the passage given below. (1 x 3 = 3 Marks)
Mother: Who do you think will win the match?
Daughter: Who is wearing blue?
Daughter: Who are the men in yellow?
Mother: They are the Australians
Daughter: They will surely win the match.
Mother: Oh! Why do you feel so?
Daughter: There are 11 of them against just two Indians.
The mother asked her daughter who a)…………………………… The daughter enquired who the ones in blue were. The mother replied that they were Indians. The girl then wanted b) …………………… When the mother said that they were Australians, the daughter emphatically replied that they would surely win the match. The mother surprisingly asked her c) ……………………. The daughter replied that there were 11 of them against just two Indians.
3. Look at the words and phrases below. Rearrange them to form meaningful sentences as in the example. Write the correct sentences in your answer sheet. (1 x 2 = 2 Marks)
Example: saw/ a rabid dog / being bitten/ a man /after/ in acute pain/ Louis
Pasteur/ by . then /there /no treatment /was
Louis Pasteur saw a man in acute pain after being bitten by a rabid dog.There was no treatment then.
1. the/ red hot iron/ burnt / with /wound /to be/ had
2. this/ alternative solutions/ he saw/ decided /and /to find/ to /it
4. Read the extract given below and answer the questions that follow by choosing the correct options. (1 x 3= 3 Marks)
All the world's a stage
And all the men and women merely players:
They have exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His act being seven ages.
1. The poetic device used in line 1 is _______________
2. What does the term 'players' in line 2 mean?
3. 'Exits and entrances' means __________________________________
5. Answer the following questions in 3-4 sentences each: (2 x 3 = 6marks)
1. How is the man in the last stage of life?
2. What reason did Bramble give to give up the boxing?
3. How does a man as a soldier behave?
6. Imagine Harold writes his diary. Write a page on his behalf when he comes to know about his father's real profession. (3 Marks)
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Previous Year Question Paper for class 11 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Entrepreneurship Sample Papers for Class 12 for year 2011
- Tamilnadu Board Class 12 Botany Sample Paper Of 2011
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Home Science 2013-SET-3
- Gujarat Board Class 12 History 2007
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Class 10 Science & Technology 2009
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Home Science 2011
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Sample Paper of Chemistry For 2007
- ICSE Board Class 10 Biology 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2010
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Economics 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2008
- CBSE Board 12 Biology Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12th Business Studies Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Hindi
- CBSE BOARD Home Science Syllabus for Class 12
- Gujarat Board Class 9 Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Drawing & Painting
- ICSE Board Class 10 Computer Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Marathi
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Biotechnology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Math
- CBSE BOARD History Syllabus for Class 12
- CBSE Board 12th Business Studies Syllabus