CBSE Board Syllabus for English Core
Section A: Reading skills: includes reading unseen passages and note making having weightage of twenty marks.
1. Two unseen passages with a variety of questions including three marks.
a) Factual passages
b) Discursive passages
c) Literacy passages
2. A passage to test reading comprehension having twelve marks weightage and word length is between six to seven hundreds.
3. A Short passage of words between three hundred to five hundred for note making and abstraction.
Section 2 of CBSE Board Syllabus for English Core: Advanced writing skill: includes the following topics having total weightage is of thirty five marks.
1. Two short compositions under fifty words
2. A description that is based on the verbal input given in the problem.
3. Based on verbal input writing of letter including different types of letters
4. One compositions out of two
Section 3: Text books: This has the weightage of forty five marks. The suggested books for CBSE English Core Syllabus are
1. From the two extracts one is based upon the poetry
2. Four out of three questions from the poetry section to the test global comprehension of text.
3. Five short answer questions
4. Have to attend one out of two long answer type questions
VISTAS: supplementary reader
1. From the two long answer type questions one has to attend that are based on the supplementary reader
2. Four short answer type questions
The main motive of providing the CBSE English Core Syllabus on the edurite portal is to make students aware about what they need to study and also about the courses that are provided by the CBSE board. For separate syllabus for the classes can be easily found on our edurite website.
CLASS XII One Paper Section A A. Reading Skills Reading unseen prose passages and note making Section B B. Advanced Writing Skills C. Section C (Prescribed Books) (i) Flamingo (ii) Supplementary Reader - Vistas SECTION...Read More
CBSE BOARD CLASS 10 SYLLABUS FOR ENGLISH SECTION A: READING 15 Marks 30 periods Qs 1-3 This section will have three unseen passages of a total length of 600 words. The arrangement within the reading section is as follows: Q 1&2: Five Multiple Choice Questions on each passage carrying 5 marks 1 mark for each questions. Q 3: Five Supply Typ...Read More
CBSE SYLLABUS FOR CLASS 8 ENGLISH SECTION A: READING 20 Marks Q 1-4 Four unseen reading passages of 5 marks each. Each reading passage will have 5 sub- parts, each of 1 mark. All questions will be multiple choice questions. The passages will be extracts from poems/factual/descriptive/literary/discursive passages. Questions will test inference, e...Read More
CBSE SYLLABUS FOR CLASS 9 ENGLISH SECTION A: READING 15 Marks Q 1 & 2 The reading section will have two unseen texts as shown below: Care should be taken to cover all the text types, ie discursive and literary while selecting the passages. A poem may or may not be used as one of the three texts. Apart from a poem, prose literary texts may inc...Read More