CBSE Board Class 12 Economics Sample Papers 2009
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2009 for Class 12 Economics
Class – XII
Time allowed : 3 hours Maximum Marks: 100
(i) All questions in both the sections are compulsory,
(ii) Marks for questions are indicated against each.
(iii) Questions carrying 1 mark for each part are required to be answered in one sentence each.
(iv) Questions carrying 3 marks are required to be answered not exceed 60 words each.
(v) Questions carrying 4 marks are required to be answered not exceed 70 words each.
(vi) Questions carrying 6 marks each are required to be answered not exceed 100 words each.
(vii) Answers should be brief and to the point and the above word limits should be adhered to as far as possible.
(viii) All parts of a question should be answered at one place.
Section A (70 Marks)
1. Answer the following questions:
(i) Why does an economic problem arise?
(ii) Define opportunity cost.
(iii) What does a rightward shift of production possibility curve indicate?
(iv) Define indifference curve. (1x4)
2. Explain the effect of increase in income of the consumer on the demand for a good. 3
3. State three causes of increase in supply. 3
4. What will be the effect on PPC when resources remains constant for both good X and good Y and technology improves only for good Y? 3
5. Explain the Geometric Method of measuring elasticity of demand. 3
6. Explain the relation between marginal cost and average cost. 3
7. Explain producer’s equilibrium with the help of a diagram. 3
8. A consumer buys 40 units of a good at a price of Rs. 3 per unit. When price rises to Rs. 4 per unit he buys 30 units. Calculate price elasticity of demand by the total expenditure method.
A consumer buys 80 units of a good at a price of Rs. 5 per unit. Suppose price elasticity of demand is (-)2. At what price will he buy 64 units ? 4
9. Give meaning of:
(i) production function
(iii) revenue, and
(iv) cost 4
10. Calculate ‘total variable cost’ and ‘total cost’ from the following cost schedule of a firm whose fixed costs are Rs. 10. 4
Output (units) : 1 2 3 4
Marginal cost (Rs.) : 6 5 4 6
11. At a given price there is excess demand for a good. Explain how the equilibrium price will be reached. Use diagram. 4
12. Explain the conditions leading to profit maximization by a producer. Use total cost and total revenue approach. 4
13. Complete the following table: 4
Output TVC AVC MC
(Units) (Rs.) (Rs.) (Rs.)
1 -- 15 --
2 -- -- 26
3 11 -- --
2 -- 3 --
14. Distinguish between:
(a) Individual demand and market demand.
(b) ‘Change in demand’ and ‘change in quantity demanded 6
15. State the phases of the law of variable proportions in terms of total physical product. Use diagram. 6
16. Explain consumer’s equilibrium in case of single commodity, with the help of a utility schedule. 6
17. Explain the following features of perfect competition: 6
(i) Large number of buyers and sellers
(ii) Homogeneous products
Explain the following :
(i) ‘Free entry and exit’ feature of perfect competition,
(ii) ‘Differentiated products’ feature of monopolistic competition.
Section B (30 Marks)
18. Answer the following questions: 1×4
(i) Define macroeconomics.
(ii) Give two examples of macroeconomic studies.
(iii) Define GNP Deflator
(iv) What do you mean by leakage?
19. Giving reasons explain how the following are treated while estimation national income:
(i) Payment of fees to a lawyer engaged by a firm. 4
(ii) Rent free house to and employee by an employer.
(iii)Purchases by foreign tourists.
(iv) School fees paid by students
20. Calculate ‘intermediate consumption’ from the following data: 4
(i) Value of output 200
(ii) Net value added at factor cost 80
(iii)Sales tax 15
(v) Depreciation 20
21. Calculate ‘private income’ from the following data : 6
(i) National debt interest 30
(ii) Gross national product at market price 400
(iii) Current transfers from government 20
(iv) Net indirect taxes 40
(v) Net current transfers from the rest of the world (-) 10
(vi) Net domestic product at factor cost accruing to government 50
(vii) Consumption of fixed capital
22. Calculate national income and gross national disposable income from the following data:
(i) Current transfers by government 15
(ii) Private final consumption expenditure 400
(iii) Net current transfers from the rest of the world 20
(iv) Government final consumption expenditure 100
(v) Net factor income from abroad (-) 10
(vi) Net domestic capital formation 80
(vii) Consumption of fixed capital 50
(viii) Net exports 40
(ix) Net indirect taxes 60 4+2
23. Explain the production method of estimating national income. 6
Explain the income method of estimating national income.
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 12 Now
- cbse class 12 economics question paper 2009
- cbse class 12 accountancy question paper 2009
- cbse board question paper 2009 physics class xii
- Cbse Class 12 Economics
- Cbse Board Syllabus for Class 12
- cbse class 12 computer science question paper 2009
- board question paper of class 12 cbse 2011
- Cbse Board Papers of Class 12 Commerce 2012
- cbse board question paper 2012 class 12
Previous Year Paper
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 10 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2008
- CBSE Board 12 Business Studies Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Accountancy 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2005
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 History 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Computer Science 2011
- Haryana Board Class 12 Geography
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Sindhi special
- Haryana Board Class 10 Punjabi
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Telugu
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Hindi (Special Language)
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Political Science
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Geography
- CBSE Board Class 7 Syllabus For English Core
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 French
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Biotechnology