CBSE Board Class 12 Economics Sample Papers 2008
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2008 for Class 12 Economics
Class – XII
Subject – Economics
Time: 3 Hrs Maximum Marks: 100
(i) All questions are compulsory.
(ii) Questions 1-5 and 17-21 are very short answer questions. Their each part is of one mark. Answer to each of these parts should be written in one sentence.
(iii) Questions 6 to 10 and 22 to 26 are short answer type questions of 3 marks each. Answer to each of these should not exceed 60 words.
(iv) Questions 11 to 13 and 27 to 29 are also short answer questions of 4 marks each. Answer to each of these should not exceed 70 words.
(v) Questions 14 to 16 and 30 to 32 are long answer questions of 6 marks each. Answer to each of these should not exceed 100 words.
(vi) Attempt all parts of questions at one place.
1. What is the relationship between support price, equilibrium price and control price? (1)
2. What is the shape of AR and MR under perfect competition? (1)
3. How does the TR changes with output when MR is zero? (1)
4. When does a consumer buy more of a commodity at a given price? (1)
5. Who is an entrepreneur? (1)
6. Explain the problem of ‘what to produce’ with the help of a production possibility curve? (3)
7.(a) Calculate elasticity of supply when price rises from Rs. 2 to Rs. 3 both in case-A and case-B.
(b) Why does elasticity of supply differ in two cases even though absolute change in quantity supplied is 20 units in both the cases? (4)
8. How is equilibrium price of a commodity determined? What happens if the market price is more than the equilibrium price? (6)
9. What is meant by Producer’s equilibrium? Explain the concept of producer’s equilibrium with the help of TR and TC approach (6)
10. “Equilibrium price may or may not change with shift in both demand and supply curves.” Comment.
[INTRODUCTORY MACRO ECONOMICS]
11. Name any two invisible items of current account of balance of payments. (1)
12. Give any point of difference between macro and micro economics. (1)
13. What is the value of imports when balance of trade is Rs. (-) 400 crores and value of exports is 300 crores? (1)
14. What is subsidy? (1)
15. Define direct tax. (1)
16. Explain any two measures to remedy the problem of excess demand in an economy. (3)
17. State three main sources of demand for foreign currency. (3)
18. Distinguish between gross national income at market price and net domestic income at factor cost. (3)
19. In an economy the actual level of income is Rs. 500 crores where as the full employment level of income is Rs. 800 crores. The marginal propensity to consume is 0.75. Calculate the increase in investment to achieve the full employment level of income. (3)
20. What is meant by fiscal deficit? What are the implications of a larger fiscal deficit? (3)
21. Give any four major functions of a central bank . (4)
22. Explain any two drawbacks of the barter system. How does money help in removing these drawbacks? (4)
23. Distinguish between :
(a) Direct taxes and Indirect taxes.
(b) Revenue receipts and Capital receipts. (4)
24. From the following information, calculate gross national product at factor cost by
(a) income method
(b) expenditure method
(i) Factor income from abroad 10
(ii) Compensation of employees 150
(iii) Net domestic capital formation 50
(iv) Imports 25
(v) Indirect taxes 30
(vi) Profit 100
25. Explain with the help of diagrams that equilibrium level of income and employment is not necessary at a full employment level. (6)
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Bihar Board Class 11 Entrepreneurship 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Core 2005
- Gujarat Board Class 12 History 2011
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Computer Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2008
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2005
- West Bengal Board Class 12 Physics Sample Paper Of 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2010
- CBSE Board English Core Sample Papers for Class 12 for year 2011
- Gujarat Board Class 9 Social Science 2007
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 History 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry 2008
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Functional English 2010
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Chemistry Previous Year Question paper of 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Chemistry 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 English Elective 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2008
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 National, Social Service(NSS)
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 Chemistry
- West Bengal Board 2013 Class 12 Physics
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Drawing
- Manipur Board Class 9 Mizo
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Math
- CBSE BOARD History Syllabus for Class 12
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 History
- Haryana Board Class 12 Math
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Psychology