CBSE Board Class 12 Economics Sample Papers 2007
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2007 for Class 12 Economics
(i) All questions in both the sections are compulsory,
(ii) Marks for questions are indicated against each.
(iii) Questions No. 1 and 13 are very short-answer questions carrying 1 mark for each
part. They are required to be answered in one sentence each.
(iv) Questions No. 2-5 and 14-17 are short-answer questions carrying 3 marks each.
Answers to them should normally not exceed 60 words each.
(v) Questions No. 6-9 and 18 -21 are also short-answer questions carrying 4 marks
each. Answers to them should normally not exceed 70 words each.
(vi) Questions No. 10-12 and 22-24 are long-answer questions carrying 6 marks each.
Answers to them should normally not exceed 100 words each.
(vii) Answers should be brief and to the point and the above word limits should be adhered
to as far as possible.
(viii) All parts of a question should be answered at one place.
1. Answer the following questions : 1×4 = 4
(i) Give two reasons for the problem of choice.
(ii) Give one reason for a rightward shift of the Production Possibility Curve,
(iii) Give two examples of microeconomic studies.
(iv) What does the problem ‘for whom to produce’ refer to ?
2. Explain the effect of rise in the prices of related goods on the demand of a good. 3
3. State three causes of decrease in supply. 3
4. Explain the relation between marginal revenue and total revenue. 3
5. Draw straight line supply curves with price elasticity of supply equal to (i) one, (ii) less
than one and (iii) more than one. 3
For Blind Candidates only in lieu of Q. No. 5
Distinguish between fixed cost and variable cost and give one example of each.
6. When price of a good falls by 10 percent, its quantity demanded rises from 40 units to
50 units. Calculate price elasticity of demand by the percentage method. 4
A consumer buys 50 units of a good at a price of Rs. 10 per unit. When price falls to
Rs. 5 per unit he buys 100 units. Find out price elasticity of demand by the ‘Total
7. Give meanings of (i) marginal physical product, (ii) marginal cost, (iii) marginal revenue
and (iv) supply schedule. 4
8. Calculate Total Variable Cost and Marginal Cost from the following cost schedule of a
firm whose Total Fixed Costs are Rs. 12 : 4
Output Total Cost
9. How is the equilibrium price of a commodity affected by a leftward shift of the demand
curve ? Explain with the help of a diagram. 4
For Blind Candidates only in lieu of Q. No. 9
How is the equilibrium price and quantity of a commodity affected by a decrease in its
10. Distinguish between the following : 6
(a) Normal good and Inferior good
(b) Marginal utility and Total utility
(c) Individual demand schedule and Market demand schedule
11. Identify the three phases of the Law of Variable Proportions from the following and also give
reason behind each phase : 6
Unit of Variable Input Total Physical Product
12. Explain briefly the three features of perfect competition. 6
Explain the features of monopoly market.
13. Answer the following questions : 1×4
(i) Define macroeconomics.
(ii) Give two examples of the study of aggregates of the economic system.
(iii) List two items of the capital account of balance of payments account.
(iv) What is the difference between the values of exports of goods and imports of goods
14. Calculate Personal Income from the following data : 3
(Rs. cr ores)
(i) Undistributed profits of corporations 20
(ii) Net domestic product accruing to the private sector 500
(iii) Corporation tax 55
(iv) Net factor income from abroad (—) 10
(v) Net current transfers from government 15
(vi) National debt interest 40
(vii) Net current transfers from the rest of the world 1558/1 6
15. An increase in investment leads to total rise in national income by Rs. 500 crores. If
Marginal Propensity to Consume is 09, what is the increase in investment ? Calculate. 3
16. Give meanings of (i) aggregate demand, (ii) aggregate supply and (iii) excess demand. 3
17. How is foreign exchange rate determined ? Use diagram. 3
For Blind Candidates only in lieu of Q. No. 17
What is foreign exchange market ? How is foreign exchange rate determined in this
18. Give meaning of money supply,. State its components. 4
Give meaning of money. Explain its ‘medium of exchange’ function.
19. Explain briefly the ‘banker to the government’ function of the central bank. 4
20. Distinguish between ‘revenue expenditure’ and ‘capital expenditure’. Give two examples
of each. 4
21. Distinguish between ‘fiscal deficit’ and ‘revenue deficit’. What does fiscal deficit indicate ? 4
22. Calculate Gross National Product at Market Price and Net National Disposable Income
from the following data : 4, 2
(Rs. cr ores)
(i) Current transfers from government 25
(ii) Compensation of employees 600
(iii) Net current transfers from the rest of the world 20
(iv) Rent 100
(v) Consumption of fixed capital 50
(vi) Interest 120
(vii) Net indirect tax 110
(viii) Profit 80
(ix) Mixed income of the self-employed 200
(x) Net factor income from abroad (—)
23. Explain the ‘expenditure’ method of estimating national income. 6
Explain the term ‘compensation of employees’ and its components. Giving reasons, state
whether the following are treated as compensation of employees :
(i) Gifts by employers
24. What is ‘deficient demand’ in macroeconomics ? Show it on a diagram. Explain the role
of open market operations in correcting it. 6
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- ICSE Board Class 10 Computer Science 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Crop Production 2013
- Gujarat Board Class 12 Economics 2005
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 11 History 2008
- CBSE Board Class 10 Home Science 2007
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2005
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Animal Husbandry 2013
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Math 2013
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biotechnology 2009
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 12 Entrepreneurship 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology 2009
- ICSE Board Class 10 Biology 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Home Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Fashion Studies 2010
- CBSE Board 12 Biology Previous Year Question Paper 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Economics 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 English Literature
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Fine Arts
- CBSE Board 12th Biotechnology Syllabus
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Accountancy
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Marathi
- West Bengal Board Class 9 Syllabus For English Core
- West Bengal Board Class 11 Syllabus For Chemistry
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Biology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Urdu Core
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 English Core