CBSE Board Class 12 Economics Sample Papers 2005
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2005 for Class 12 Economics
SECTION - A
Q. 1. Answer the following questions: 1X4
(a) Define production function.
(b) What is meant by producer's equilibrium?
(c) What causes an upward movement along a supply curve?
(d) Under which market form, is a firm a price-taker?
Q. 2. Explain the law of demand with the help of a demand schedule. 3
Q. 3. Give three causes of an increase in the supply of a commodity. 3
Q. 4. What is the relationship between marginal revenue and average revenue? 3
Q. 5. State the main features of a monopoly market. 3
Q. 7. At a price of Rs. 50 per unit, the quantity demanded of a commodity is 1000 units. When its price falls by 10 per cent, its quantity demanded rises to 1080 units. Calculate its price elasticity of demand. Is its demand inelastic? Give reasons for your answer. 4
Q. 8. Define price elasticity of supply. How is it measured by geometric method? (In case of a straight line supply curve) 4
Q. 9. Explain the problem of 'how to produce' with the help of an example. 4
Explain the problem of 'what to produce' with the help of a production possib- ility curve.
Q. 10. How does a consumer reach equilibrium position when he is buying only one commodity? Explain with the help of marginal utility schedule. 6
Briefly explain any three factors that shift the demand curve to the right.
Q. 11. Distinguish between returns to a factor and returns to scale. Explain the reas- ons for increasing returns to a factor. 6
Q. 12. How does an increase in supply of a commodity affect its equilibrium price and equilibrium quantity? Explain with the help of a diagram. 6
SECTION - B
Q. 13. Answer the following questions: 1X4
(i) Define micro-economics.
(ii) Give two examples of macro-economic studies.
(iii) Why are borrowings treated as capital receipts?
(iv) What is meant by balance of payments account?
Q. 14. Explain the meaning of equilibrium level of national income, with the help of a diagram. 3
Q. 15. State any three main functions of a central bank. Describe any one of them. 4
Q. 16. Explain the meaning and implications of fiscal deficit. 4
Q. 17. List four items each of current account and capital account of the balance of payments account. 4
Mention four sources each of demand and supply of foreign exchange.
Q. 18. Briefly explain any four main functions of a commercial bank. 4
Q. 19. Explain briefly the distinction between: 6
(a) Gross domestic product at factor cost and Net national product at market price
(b) National income and Net national disposable income.
Q. 20. Explain with the help of a numerical example how an increase in investment in an economy affects its level of income. 6
Why should planned savings and planned investment be equal at equilibrium level of income? Explain with the help of a diagram.
Q. 21. From the following data, calculate
(a) National income, and
(b) Personal disposable income.
Q. 22. Answer the following questions: 1X4
(i) Give two examples of a macro-economic studies.
(ii) Define micro-economics.
(iii) Why is recovery of loans treated as a capital receipt?
(iv) What is the difference between the value of exports of goods and value of imports of goods called?
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 12 Now
Board Sample Paper
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2008
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Math 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2005
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Hindi (Special Language) 2013
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Animal Husbandry 2013-SET-4
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Book keeping & Accountancy 2013-2
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2005
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Math 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Anatomy Physiology and Health 2013-SET-2
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Home Management, Nutrition & Textile 2013-SET-4
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Business Studies 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2007
- CBSE Board Class 10 Functional English 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2005
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 10 Math 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Physics 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 History 2009
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2011
- CBSE Board Class 9 English Core 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Tamil(special)
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Math
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Home Science
- CBSE Board Syllabus for Class 12 Fashion Studies
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Tamil(special)
- Rajasthan Board Class 10 Math
- UP Board Class 12 English
- Haryana Board Class 12 Music (Hindustani Vocal)
- CBSE Board 12th Psychology Syllabus
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 10 Social Reconstruction