CBSE Board Class 11 Economics Sample Papers 2008
CBSE Board Sample Papers 2008 for Class 11 Economics
Subject – Economics
Time: 3 Hrs M.Marks: 100
1. All questions are compulsory.
2. ‘One’ mark questions are to be answered in about a sentence.
3. Three marks questions are to be answered in approx. 60 words.
4. Four marks questions are to be answered in approx. 80 words.
5. Six marks questions are to be answered in approx.120 words.
6. Word limits do not apply to numerical questions.
SECTION – A
Q1 Answer the following:-
a) Name the market situation in which the AR and MR curve are more than unit elastic?
b) Give the profit maximization situation in case of producer equilibrium.
c) If two demand curve intersects which will have more elasticity.
d) Define consumer equilibrium
e) What is meant by the term ‘Market’ (1X5)
Q2 Explain with the help of a diagram the situations of inefficient and efficient utilization of resources of an economy 3
Q3 How does the availability of close substitute of a good affect the price elasticity of Demand of that good? Explain.3
Q4 Explain the effect of technology changes on the supply of a product. 3
Q5 Explain the feature ‘Differentiated products’ of a market with monopolistic competition? 3
Q6 What changes will take place in MR when
a) TR increases at an increasing rate .
b) TR increases at a diminishing rate. 3
Q7 Calculate AVC at each level of output.
4 39 4
Q8 What is meant by returns to a factor ? What leads to increasing returns to a factor? 4
Q9 Explain the relationship between TR and MR with the help of a revenue schedule.? 4
Q10 Distinguish between perfect competition and monopoly .Why is the demand curve facing a firm under perfect competition perfectly elastic? 6
Q11 Explain the chain of effects on demand , supply, price of a commodity caused by a leftward shift of demand curve. Use diagram. 6
Q12 Explain the following :-
a) Law of diminishing Marginal utility
b) Exception to law of demand. (2,4)
Q13 Answer the following
a) Give the example of Macro variables
b) Define Transfer payment
c) What ids meant by Marginal efficiency off capital
d) Define revenue deficit in Govt. Budget
e) If the value of MPS is =0.1 calculate value of multiplier (1X5)
14.What are the qualities of a good questionnaire? 4
15.Describe structure of project report. 4
16.A student subject 40 mark in English,65 in Hindi,53 in maths,49 in economics and 55 in statistics. Calculate weighted mean of the marks if weights are respectively 2, 1, 5, 5, and 3.
Mention merits and demerits of Mean. And list out any three examples of ‘scope of averages in your class room’. 6
17.Following are the marks obtained by 10 students in two subjects, statistics and economics, calculate Spearman's rank correlation. 6
18.What is the present growth rate of Indian economy? 1
19.Discuss the important features of India’s demography during the British period? 3
20.Discuss the green revolution and its consequences. 3
21.What are the causes of poverty in India? 3
22.Discuss the importance of non- farming employment?
Identify some major challenges of power sector in India? 3
23.How do you explain seasonal unemployment in agricultural? 3
24.What are the common goals of Indian five year plans? 4
25.Which are the important sources of human capital formation?
What are the similarities and dissimilarities between physical capital and human capital? 4
26.Distinguish between renewable resources and non renewable resources. Give examples.Distinguish between commercial energy and non commercial energy. Give examples for both.2+2=4
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 11 Now
Board Sample Paper
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 English Literature 2013-SET-3
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 12 Business Studies 2011
- West Bengal Board Class 9 English Core Sample Paper Of 2011
- Gujarat Board Class 10 Math 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Biology 2008
- Tamilnadu Board Class 10 Physics Sample Paper Of 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Sample Paper of Math For 2007
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Hindi (Special Language) 2013 Set 2
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Geography 2008
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Informatics Practices 2013
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 10 Science 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Core 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Geography 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology 2011
- CBSE Board Class 9 Math 2008
- CBSE Board Class 10 Home Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 10 Math 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 Political Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2010
- CBSE Board Class 10 Functional English 2011
- CBSE Board Class 11 Chemistry
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Biology
- CBSE Board Class 8 Syllabus For Social Science
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Math
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Hindi
- Haryana Board Class 12 Geography
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Physical Education
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Drawing
- Haryana Board Class 12 Military Science
- West Bengal Board Class 11 Biology