CBSE Board Class 11 Computer Science Previous Year Question Papers 2011

CBSE Board Previous Year Question Papers 2011 for Class 11 Computer Science

PREVIOUS PAPER
Class – XI Computer Science 
  Time :-3 Hrs.          M.M. 70 
General Instructions: 
            (i)    All questions are compulsory 
            (ii)   There are 5 questions in this question paper. 

Q1. (a) What do you mean by ‘Stored Program’ Concept? Who devised the concept
of ‘Stored Program’?                                                                                                                  
(b) What is the difference between customized Application Software and
General Application Software?                                                                                                           
(c) What functions are performed by the Control unit? Can we call it the
control centre of computer system? Why?                                                                                    
(d) What is FCFS? Explain with example.                                                                         

Q2. (a) Convert the following:
(i) (ABC)16 = (?)2                                                                                                                      
(ii) (1011.1011)2 = (?)10                                                                                                        
(iii) (7689)10 = (?)8                                                                                                                  
(iv) (701)8 = (?)16                                                                                                                
(b) Find 2’s complement of (-159).                                                                               
(c) Find the binary subtraction of 137 and 129.                                                       
(d) Why is RAM called so?                                                                                                
(e) Explain the functioning of a video display terminal?                                        

Q3. (a) What are the characteristic of procedural paradigm?                                      
(b) Do you think OOP is more closer to real world problems? Why? How?     
(c) How are files actually treated in C++?                                                                    
(d) Write declarations for: 
(i) A pointer to a character and an array of 10 integers.                                         
(ii) a reference to a floating point variable and a constant integer with
some value.                                                                                                                              
(e) Write an equivalent C++ expressions for the following expressions:   
Material downloaded from  http://myCBSEguide.com and  http://onlineteachers.co.in
Portal for CBSE Notes, Test Papers, Sample Papers,  Tips and Tricks
(i)22 4 x xe

(ii) |a | + b > = | b | + a]                                                                                       

Q4. (a) What is the difference between entry controlled loop and exit controlled
loop? Explain with example.                                                                                               
(b) Write a program in C++, to count the sum of the digits present in a
number.                                                                                                                                      
(c) Write a program in C++, to search the position of a particular element
present in a string.                                                                                                                              
(d) Write a program in C++ to calculate the sum of the following series:                   
2 3 4
........ +
2! 3! 4! !
n
x x x x
x
n
− + − +
(e) Write a program in C++, to input three strings, and display which string is
smallest and which string is longest.                                                                              

Q5. (a) Find the output from the following code fragment:                                                  
int arr [ ] = {10, 22, 15, 12, 18}, total = 0;
      for (int I = 0 ; i < 5 ; ++ i ) 
       { total = 0 ; 
        total + = array [i] ; 
                        } 
cout ≪ total ≪ arr [i] ;
(b) Name the header files to which the following functions belong:-                    
(i) atoi ( ) 
(ii) Peek ( ) 
(iii) Calloc ( ) 
(iv) fevPeek ( ) 
(iii) Calloc ( ) 
(iv) fevt ( ) 
(c) Correct the following code so that is functional :                                                 
value = 4 ; 
do : 
]Material downloaded from  http://myCBSEguide.com and  http://onlineteachers.co.in
Portal for CBSE Notes, Test Papers, Sample Papers,  Tips and Tricks
{
total = + value ; 
cout ≪ total ; 
while (value < = 8) ;
               } 
value : = 5 ;    
(d) Consider the following code and rewrite this code without using break or
continue :-                                                                                                                
int I = 0 ; 
char ch ; 
cin ≫ ch ; 
while ( ch ! = ‘&’ ) 

cin ≫ ch ; 
if (ch = = ‘θ’ ) 
Break ; 
if (ch ! = ‘\ t’) 
continue ;  
i ++ ; 
         } 
(e) Write a program in C++, to check whether a string is palindrome or not
without using standard library function.  [3]                                           

CBSE Board Best Sellers

In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.

Get help on CBSE Board Previous Year Question Paper for class 11 Now

ALWAYS LEARNING