CBSE Board Chemistry Sample Papers for Class 12
Subject – Chemistry
CLASS – XII
Time: Three Hours Max.Marks: 70
1. All questions are compulsory.
2. Question nos. 1 to 8 are very short answer questions and carry 1 mark each.
3. Question nos. 9 to 18 are short answer questions and carry 2 marks each.
4. Question nos. 19 to 27 are also short answer questions and carry 3 marks each
5. Question nos. 28 to 30 are long answer questions and carry 5 marks each
6. Use log tables if necessary, use of calculators is not allowed.
1. Give an example of heterogeneously catalysed reaction? 1
2. What is the oxidation number of Ni in [Ni(CO)4]? 1
3. Account the following:o-nitrophenol has lower boiling point than p-nitrophenol. 1
4. Why are primary amines are higher boiling than tertiary amines? 1
5. Name the purines present in DNA. 1
6. Write formulae of the monomers of polythene and Teflon? 1
7. Why is bithional is added to the toilet soap? 1
8. An element having bcc structure with a cell edge of 288pm. If the density of the element is 7.2g/cm3, what is atomic mass of the element? 2
9. Explain the following terms with suitable example:i) F-centres ii) Schottky defect. 2
10. Molarity or molality, which is the best method to express concentration of a solution?Why? 2
11. How much electricity in terms of Faraday is required to produce,
i) 20 g of Ca from molten CaCl2?
ii) 50 g of Al from Al2O3? 2
12. Which is more basic La(OH)3 or Lu(OH)3? Why? 2
13. a) Use valance bond theory predict the geometry and magnetic behaviour of [Co(NH3)6]+3 ion .[At.No. of Co= 27]
b) Write the IUPAC name of [Pt(NH3)2Cl2] 2
14. Define the following terms: a) Recemic mixture b) Resolution c) Enantiomers 2
15. What happens when: (Give chemical reactions)
a) Cyclohexanol is treated with Thionyl chloride?
b) p-Hydroxybenzyl alcohol is heated with HCl? 2
16. Distinguish between the terms homopolymer and co polymer and give an example of each. 2
17. What do you understand by broad spectrum antibiotics? Give one example. 2
18. At 300K, 36g of glucose ( C6H12O6) present per liter in its aqueous solution has an osmotic pressure of 4.98 bars. If the osmotic pressure of another solution of glucose is 1.52 bar at the same temperature, what would be its concentration? 3
19. Write the Nernst equation. Calculate e.m.f of the following cell at 250C: Pt(s)/Br2(l)/Br-(0.010M)//H+(0.030M)/H2 (1 bar)/Pt(s) [Given: Eo Br2/Br- = +1.08 V] 3
20. a) Why is alum added to water for purification?
b) Explain why deltas are formed where river and sea water meet.
c) Describe the preparation of a colloidal solution of arserous sulphide in water. 3
21. Outline the principles of refining of metals by the following methods:
i) Zone refining ii) Electrolytic refining iii) Vapour phase refining. 3
22. a) Assign reasons for the following observations:
i) Hydrogen iodide is a stronger acid than hydrogen fluoride in aqueous solution.
ii) The basic character among the hydrides of Group 15 elements decreases with increasing
iii) Draw the structural formula for XeOF4. 3
23. Complete the following reaction equations:
i) Cr2O7-2 + Sn+2 +H+ -->
ii) MnO4- + Fe+2 +H+ -->
24. a) Give chemical test to distinguish between phenol and ethanol in seemingly similar conditions.
b) Write the reaction equation for what happens when teritiory butyl alcohol is heated with reduced copper at about 573K. 3
25. Write one chemical equation to exemplify the following reactions:
a) Carbylamine reaction
b) Hofmann bromamide reaction. 3
26. Define the following terms:i) Co-enzymes
ii) Mutation in biomolecules
iii) Nucleotides. 3
27. a) Mention the factors that affect rate of a chemical reaction.
b) A first order reaction takes 69.3 minutes for 50% completion. Set up an equation for determining the time required for 80% completion of this solution.
c) Show that in a first order reaction, time required for completion of 99.9% is 10 times of half-life (t1/2) of the reaction. 5
28. Account for the following:
a) PH3 is a weaker base than NH3.
b) SF6 exists but SH6 does not.
c) ClF3 exists but FCl3 does not.
d) H3PO3 is diprotic acid.
e) ICl more reactive than I2. 5
29. a) An organic compound with the molecular formula C9H10O forms 2,4-DNP derivative,reduces Tollen’s reagent and undergoes Cannizaro reaction. On vigorous oxidation, it gives 1,2-benzene dicarboxylic acid. Identify the compound.
b) Write the steps and conditions involved in the following conversions:
i) Acetophenone to 2-phenyl-2-butanol.
ii) Propene to acetone. 5
CBSE Board Chemistry Sample Papers for Class 12 by Year
Sample Paper – 2011 Class – XII Subject – Chemistry Time:3hrs MM:70 General instructions: All questions are compulsory. Marks for each question are indicated against it. Questions number 1to 8 are very short –answer questions, carrying 1 mark each. Answer these in one word or about one sentence each. Questions ...Read More
General Instructions i.All questions are compulsory. ii.Marks for each question are indicated against it. iii.Question number 1 to 5 are very short–answer questions, carrying 1 mark each Answer these in one word or about one sentence each. iv.Question number 6 to 12 are short-answer questions, carrying 2 marks each. Answer thes...Read More
SAMPLE PAPER 2005 CHEMISTRY (Theory) CLASS 12 Time allotted: 3hours Maximum Marks: 70 General Instruction: a)All questions are compulsory. b)Question number 1 to 5 is very short answer questions, carrying 1 mark each. Answer these in one word or about one sentence each. c)Question number 6 to 12 are short answer ...Read More
General Instructions i.All questions are compulsory. ii.The question paper consists of thirty questions divided into 4 sections A, B, C and D. Section A comprises of ten questions of 01 mark each, Section B comprises of five questions of 02 marks each, Section C comprises ten questions of 03 marks each and Section D comprises of...Read More
Sample Paper – 2009 Class – XII Subject – Chemistry Time-3 Hours Max.Mark-70 General Instruction: 1.All questions are compulsory. 2.Marks of each question are indicated against it. 3.Questions number 1 to 8 are very short answer questions and carry 1 mark each. 4.Questions numbers 9 to 18 are shor...Read More
Sample Paper – 2010 Class – XII Subject – Chemistry Time-3 Hours Max.Mark-70 General Instruction: 1. All questions are compulsory. 2. Marks of each question are indicated against it. 3. Questions number 1 to 8 are very short answer questions and carry 1 mark each. 4. Questions numbers 9 to 18 are short answer quest...Read More
CBSE Board Best Sellers
In order to keep pace with technological advancement and to cope up with CBSE Board examinations, Pearson group has launched Edurite to help students by offering Books and CDs of different courses online.
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 12 Now
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Entrepreneurship 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Business Studies 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2008
- CBSE Board Class 12 Psychology 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Geography 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 English Elective 2005
- CBSE Board Class 12 History 2005
- CBSE Board 12 Political Science Previous Year Question Paper 2008
- Andhra Pradesh Board Class 11 Economics
- West Bengal Board Class 11 Syllabus For Sociology
- CBSE Board 12th English Core Syllabus
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 12 Arabic
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 English Literature
- Gujarat Board Class 12 English Elective
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Fine Arts
- Rajasthan Board Class 12 Sociology
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 10 Science
- ICSE Board Class 12 History