CBSE Board Chemistry Sample Papers for Class 11
1. 1.7 g of AgNO3
is dissolved in 100 g of water. 0.585g of NaCl dissolved in 100g
of water is added to it and chemical reaction occurs. 1.435g of AgCl and 0.85 g of
are formed. Justify that the data obey the law of conservation of mass
2. (a) When 4.2g of sodium bicarbonate is added to a solution of acetic acid
weighing 10g, it is observed that 2.2g of CO2
is released into atmosphere.
The residue is found to weigh 12g. Show that these observations are in
agreement with the law of conservation of mass.
(b) If 6.3 g of sodium bicarbonates is added to 15g of acetic acid solution, the
residue is found to weigh 18g, what is the mass of CO2
released in the
3. In an experiment, 1.375g of CuO was reduced by heating in a current of hydrogen
and the weight of copper that remained was 1.098g. In another experiment,
1.179g of CuO was dissolved in nitric acid and the resulting Copper(I) nitrate
converted into CuO by ignition. The weight of CuO that was formed was 1.476g.
Show that these results illustrate the law of constant proportions.
4. Carbon and oxygen are known to form two compounds. The carbon content in
one of these is 42.9% while in the other is 27.3%. Show that this data is in
agreement with the law of multiple proportions.
5. On analysis, it was found that black oxide of copper and red oxide of copper
contained 79.9% and 88.8% of copper respectively. Show that this data is in
accordance with the law of multiple proportions.
6. Calculate the mass of 1 molecule of nitrogen
7. Calculate the mass of 1 molecule of water and 100 molecules of C12H 22O11
8. Calculate the mass of an atom of silver (Ag = 108 amu)
9. Calculate the number of atoms in (a) 52 moles of He (b) 52 a.m.u of He (c) 52 g
10. Calculate the volume occupied by the following at STP
a. 14 g of nitrogen gas
b. 1.5 gram mole of CO2Che/XI Chapter 1
11. Calculate the number of moles in each of the following:
a. 392 g of sulphuric acid
b. 44.8 l of sulphur dioxide at STP
.6 022 ×10 molecules of oxygen
d. 8g of Calcium
12. Calculate the number of atoms in
a. 0.5 moles of nitrogen atom
b. 0.2 moles of nitrogen molecule
c. 3.2 g of sulphur
13. Calculate the mass of an atom of C
14. Calculate the number of atoms in 52 moles of Argon?
15. Calculate the volume at STP occupied by
10 molecules of oxygen?
16. Chlorophyll, the green coloring matter of plants contains 2.68% of magnesium by
weight. Calculate the number of magnesium atoms in 2g of chlorophyll.
17. Calculate the number of atoms of oxygen present in 8g of CO2
? What would be
the weight of CO having the same number of oxygen atoms?
18. Potassium bromide (KBr) contains 32.9% by mass potassium. If 6.40g of bromine
reacts with 3.6g of potassium, calculate the number of moles of potassium which
combines with bromine to form KBr.
19. What mass of calcium oxide will be obtained by heating 3 moles of calcium
20. Calculate the percentage composition of the following:
a. Urea NH 2CONH 2
b. Glucose C6 H12O6
21. The molecular mass of an organic compound is 78 g and its percentage
composition is Carbon: 92.4% and hydrogen: 7.6%. Determine the molecular
formula of the compound
22. A compound has the following composition:
Mg – 9.76%, S – 13.01%, O – 26.01%, H 2O − 51 22. % . Find its empirical
23. An organic compound has the following percentage composition: Che/XI Chapter 1
Some basic concepts of Chemistry
Carbon: 57.8%, Hydrogen: 3.6% and oxygen: 39.6%. Vapour density of the
compound was found to be 83. Find the molecular formula.
24. A compound has the composition Na-14.31%, S-9.97%, H-6.22% and O-69.5%.
Calculate the molecular formula assuming that all the hydrogen in the compound
is present in combination with oxygen as water of crystallization. The molecular
mass is 322
25. Butyric acid contains carbon, hydrogen and oxygen. 4.2 mg sample of butyric
acid is completely burnt to give 8.45 mg of CO2
and 3.46 mg of water. What is
the mass percent of each element in the acid?
CBSE Board Chemistry Sample Papers for Class 11 by Year
SAMPLE PAPER - 2007 SUBJECT: CHEMISTRY CLASS: XI MAX.MARKS: 70 TIME : 3Hrs General Instructions. 1.All questions are compulsory. 2.Questions No.1to 11 are very short answer questions carrying I mark. 3.Questions No.12to 21are also short answer questions carrying 2 mark. 4.Questions No.22to29 are short answer questions carryi...Read More
Get help on CBSE Board Sample Question Paper for class 11 Now
Previous Year Paper
- CBSE Board Class 11 History 2008
- CBSE Board Class 10 English Core 2008
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2011
- CBSE Board Class 12 History 2010
- CBSE Board Class 12 Physics 2011
- ICSE Board Class 10 History 2007
- CBSE Board Class 12 Biology 2005
- CBSE Board Class 11 Political Science 2009
- CBSE Board Class 12 Accountancy 2010
- CBSE Board Class 11 Math 2005
- Manipur Board Class 9 Hindi
- Himachal Pradesh Board Class 12 Physics
- ICSE Board Class 9 Chemistry
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Hindi
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 National, Social Service(NSS)
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 11 Fine Arts
- Gujarat Board Class 11 Physics
- Haryana Board Class 8 English Literature
- Madhya Pradesh Board Class 9 Bengali
- Rajasthan Board Class 10 Social Science